pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi,
ive been doing a job at a local factory that produces uninteruptable power supplies.
i nipped round the back for a fag and found a stack of batteries.
one of them was rated at 1048ah at 2v, yes....1048ah:Eeek: and no bigger than a 110ah leisure battery.
now if i could find space for 6 of 'em................................
next to it was a more usable 250ah @ 12v but it seems they are all knackered :cry:

john.

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Well, we've got two 120ah leisure batteries and two chassis batteries which are either 65ah or 85ah each.

I would love to increase the leisure capacity...

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
:Cool: We have 6 x 100ah AGM and 2 x 105ah Coach batteries plus an 85ah Motor battery. :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
Wow! JSW, can I pitch next to you when there's no EHU? :ROFLMAO:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Wow! JSW, can I pitch next to you when there's no EHU? :ROFLMAO:

:Cool: I remember times in the past and recent past. When ALL the power was OFF around the valleys. We were nice and snug in bed watching Sat TV. Even though we are on a Camp site. I am using Solar (Sun shining again) power through the batteries. :ROFLMAO:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
:Cool: I remember times in the past and recent past. When ALL the power was OFF around the valleys. We were nice and snug in bed watching Sat TV. Even though we are on a Camp site. I am using Solar (Sun shining again) power through the batteries. :ROFLMAO:

Morning John and Sandy,

Regarding alternative power sources, do you happen to know it there's a way of converting rain into power.It's P.....ng down here.:ROFLMAO:Link Removed

Hope all is going well over there.

Last edited:

johnsandywhite

Free Member
Jul 29, 2007
Doncaster/Spain
Funster No
MH
'A' Class RV &
Exp
Morning John and Sandy,

Regarding alternative power sources, do you happen to know it there's a way of converting rain into power.It's P.....ng down here.:ROFLMAO:Link Removed

Hope all is going well over there.

:Cool: It just so happens I do. You must be parked on an hill. You then create a Dam and build a paddle wheel that is then funneled through a channel. It is then connected to an Alternator. Free power from the rain. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. Everything is GREAT over here.

F

fordy

Deleted User
I have 4 175ah 6v and 2 12v 110ah and the starter batt ? all charged from the solar panels, i know i should have all the same but i could not bring myself to throw out the 110ah as i just got them new ..:winky:

FORDY:Smile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
4 x 85ah house batteries and 1 x 85ah starter battery, all maintained by a Victon 70A/1600watt Charger/Invertor. The starter battery has a separate 4 amp charging circuit from the Victron.

Still trying to decide what to replace them with, 6 v Trojans were on my 'wish list' but may just replace with 4 x 120ah cheap FLAs

No solar panels yet, I recently bought a 2kva Honda genny primarily for battery charging when off ehu.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
:Cool: It just so happens I do. You must be parked on an hill. You then create a Dam and build a paddle wheel that is then funneled through a channel. It is then connected to an Alternator. Free power from the rain. :ROFLMAO:

BTW. Everything is GREAT over here.

Please send diagrams as I propose to build one.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back