europe2011

Free Member
Dec 2, 2010
Cavan, Ireland
Funster No
Exp
1st Year
Hi

I am totally new to the motorhome scene. I am heading of around europe at the end of Feburary for 6 months. I am looking for info on camping cards, campsites, driving in France, Spain Germany and Italy. Also info of motorhome security and where to keep documents safe, Do's and Dont's while traveling. Any info that you think may be useful for me.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome to fun

Our ringleader Jim does a number of very useful books, some of which are in the charity auction which ends on Friday, why not have a look through that thread - its towards the bottom on the forums page. Click on Charity Auction 2010

I am sure other members will be along soon and can help too

Upvote 0

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
There are many points here. To answer a couple.

It's worth sending off to Vicarious books to get the ACSI book and card which gives good discounts at campsites in the off season.

We find getting the Camping Card International very handy as you can leave it instead of leaving your passport at site reception. We get ours from the Caravan Club. It includes an element of insurance for the site.
We have the Caravan club sites in Europe books and Camping infos lists of sites as well as a French guide to Aires.
A good map book is essential as Sat nav can lead you astray.
Lots of others will be on to help you.
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
Just thought when I say Aires, I mean Aires in a town AWAY from the motorway. NEVER stay overnight on a motorway aire especially on the routes to Spain.
Lucille

Upvote 0

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
AND try to get to organised meets in the meantime for a face to face chat! By far the best way of gaining conflicting information and a headache ::bigsmile: Jane

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have just got our 2011 ACSI book and card-- yes they are real good value sites out of season but be warned that many have very short seasons and very few are open all the year.

Most of the ones that are open all the year are much further south.

Enjoy your trip

Alan and Lynda

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back