Seasonal Pitches ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Does anyone know the occupancy rules for a seasonal pitch .. ?

ie .. can you occupy for the full term or is there a maximum number of nights you can occupy at any one time ?

my understanding was that the maximum number of nights was of 21, then you had to leave for two nights before returning, however, the van could stay on the pitch in your absence.

TIA

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Hi Jim

Friends of ours at the Canterbury C&CC have to get off their seasonal pitch for two days every 21 days. They have to leave but the van can stay.

They are in Egypt at the moment.

Sonja

May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Doesn't it take more than two days to get to Egypt??????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Are they shark catchers?????????:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim

Friends of ours at the Canterbury C&CC have to get off their seasonal pitch for two days every 21 days. They have to leave but the van can stay.

They are in Egypt at the moment.

Sonja

Thanks Sonja , I believe the same rule applies on CC sites, some private sites I've looked at have a 28day limit ..

Doe's anyone know if there was a national rule that applies to all sites .. or is it down to the local council who grant the license ?

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Jim I considered a CC seasonal pitch at Alderstead Heath and you are spot on with your info, exactly how warden explained it to me.

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Depends on local license conditions.
I use a seasonal pitch as a base for 7 months of the year with no limit as to length of stay. The site though is licensed for 365 days use some vans are lived in all year round others just use at weekends through the year.

Details, facilities costs etc at www.virginialake.co.uk Site is near Kings Lynn

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Depends on local license conditions.
I use a seasonal pitch as a base for 7 months of the year with no limit as to length of stay. The site though is licensed for 365 days use some vans are lived in all year round others just use at weekends through the year.

Details, facilities costs etc at www.virginialake.co.uk Site is near Kings Lynn

Hi

Thanks .. had a look at the web site, as far as I can see it is a licensed 'touring site' not residential .. that's not to say that some don't use it all year round, but AFAIK this would be in breach of the site license. Perhaps 'Nelson's eye' is being used ?

My understanding of the difference between residential and touring pitch >>

*A residential pitch is liable for council tax .. a touring pitch not ..
*A residential pitch can be used 365 without break.. a touring pitch not ..

but I'm still looking for the regulations.. if they exist , I was hoping a site could owner point to the rules.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
As far as I know the national legislation which applies is still the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 (as amended) which is now the responsibility of the Department for Communities and Local Government.

Whenever I've read the CSCDA, though, I've found it unclear as to what the limits are.

It might be worth sending a FoI request to the DCLG asking them to supply (for both residential and touring sites):
a) details of legislation (if any) which limits the maximum number of nights which can be occupied by a single unit at any one time
b) details of legislation (if any) which provides a power for a local authority to make any such limit a condition of the site licence.

Contact details for making a FoI request to the DCLG are Here.

Graham

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Hi

Thanks .. had a look at the web site, as far as I can see it is a licensed 'touring site' not residential .. that's not to say that some don't use it all year round, but AFAIK this would be in breach of the site license. Perhaps 'Nelson's eye' is being used ?

but I'm still looking for the regulations.. if they exist , I was hoping a site could owner point to the rules.

A friend of mine had a static on a site in Northumberland. The site licence required the site to be closed for 1 month per year. The operator closed February. Otherwise the vans were occupied all of the remaining 11 months.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
possibly different rules but a local STATIC HOLIDAY park has an 11 month limt....closed all december.
after that, they say it becomes a fully residential park and different rules/regs apply. re: poll tax, water rates etc

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
Timberland
possibly different rules but a local STATIC HOLIDAY park has an 11 month limt....closed all december.
after that, they say it becomes a fully residential park and different rules/regs apply. re: poll tax, water rates etc

Some councils don't think so ...

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Caravan owners using their caravan as their main or only residence could be liable for a council tax bill according to new reports.

“Many caravanners mistakenly believe that they are exempt from paying council tax if they leave their caravan for a few weeks or months due to the closure of caravan sites out of season,” said Cover4Caravans director, Richard Burgess. “This is a belief which some district councils are trying hard to change.”

East Lindsey District Council is one of the first to tackle the contentious issue and has launched a campaign to raise awareness amongst caravan owners about their council tax liability. The authority has wanted caravan owners within the district that they could even face a backdated bill for council tax if they have no other permanent residence during the year.
[/FONT]

carpyone

Free Member
Mar 28, 2008
Needingworth, Cambs
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Hi

Half the siteis licensed for touring and the other has a 12 month license. If you are interested give Ted tthe site owner a phone call and he will confirm any conditions.

www.virginialake.co.uk

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back