LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Con’s more planning (auto gas locations ( (we had the LPG conversion and ringing sites to get the thumbs up on size and pitch) but this will change when we are in Europe - where we will be spending 6 months of the year

Have you thought about the Schengen problem with your 6 months in Europe?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Quick update: We called down to Signature on Saturday and had a non pressurised look around, any questions fully answered. Unfortunately the 2018 windsport 27B was not large enough and every wooden door had split and all the others wouldn't shut, not a good first impression, went and had a look at the aces and was pleasantly surprised, then had a look in the 29B Windsport 2020 different kettle of fish, enough room, all new tech ran from a central touchpad, light furnishings. The drawback, I cant stomach the cost of VAT depreciation as it drives off the forecourt, been there done that got the T shirt, so unless they come back with a fantastic trade in and price reduction on the screen price then it's dead in the water, unless they can source a 2019 which has the same tech and floorplan but without the big hit on VAT.

So if anybody knows of one for sale let me know, bit of a long shot but you never know

Cheers
Mark

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Quick update: We called down to Signature on Saturday and had a non pressurised look around, any questions fully answered. Unfortunately the 2018 windsport 27B was not large enough and every wooden door had split and all the others wouldn't shut, not a good first impression, went and had a look at the aces and was pleasantly surprised, then had a look in the 29B Windsport 2020 different kettle of fish, enough room, all new tech ran from a central touchpad, light furnishings. The drawback, I cant stomach the cost of VAT depreciation as it drives off the forecourt, been there done that got the T shirt, so unless they come back with a fantastic trade in and price reduction on the screen price then it's dead in the water, unless they can source a 2019 which has the same tech and floorplan but without the big hit on VAT.

So if anybody knows of one for sale let me know, bit of a long shot but you never know

Cheers
Mark
They have just got a 2016 Winnebago vista 29v in. Full handling kit. Been told it will be up for £80k

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
They have just got a 2016 Winnebago vista 29v in. Full handling kit. Been told it will be up for £80k
Thanks will keep an eye out, unfortunately RS trade in is a difficult one, dealers seem to struggle valuing or don’t want to?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
The reason the big Rv's don't steer as well as transits is they have steering boxes these use recirculating balls and have to have some play unlike rack and pinion to work.

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Thanks will keep an eye out, unfortunately RS trade in is a difficult one, dealers seem to struggle valuing or don’t want to?
I have a friend who ordered a bespoke RS cost him £185k+ waited months, sold it less than a year later for around £100K. Don't know why they don't hold value?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I think you will lose a similar%on new and secondhand even if you feel better thinking it's not called vat!!!!

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
I don’t know the answer but what would be the usual depreciation/ year?
Supposed to be 4K (that's on my new static in Wales) BUT I got what I paid on my motorhome Px after 2 years use. Lots of expensive additions made though! It's subjective, miles, use, condition, service history etc.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I don’t know the answer but what would be the usual depreciation/ year?
I'm no expert but I think a lot say 20%the first year and 5%each year after that. As I say the vat things an excuse trotted out to explain the initial depreciation the value of anything is what someone will pay for it the depreciation on new and nearly new will I suspect be almost the same.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
If you look at what RS offered sale or return was nearly 20% of purchase price, now mine is a 2013 so as you can imagine slightly insulted as I’m sure it would be back on the website for a mark up of £15,000ish, doesn’t look like signature are interested either so as we have now decided to rent somewhere or buy while we build new, the pressures off to get anything bigger, it’s definitely got me interested in the RVs and I start my journey for a class c with my medical this morning.

I understand dealers are out to make a profit but as already stated feel as if RS are trying to rip me off! If I was to trade up I’m sure the trade up value would be significantly different but I suppose that’s business for you.
So I will park this itch up for now and may try and sell private in the future to see what interest it generates.
Cheers
Mark

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I guess it is similar with more expensive marques that trading in for same make yields a better price when upgrading and smaller builders vehicles like RS will be much more difficult to shift to a dealer. We are on our third RS, trading in with them each time and because their prices have increased pretty dramatically the depreciation each time has been zero to 10% so feels pretty good if you can stomach the price increase on the new one.

The latest model is Morelo matched pricing - I exchanged details of spec and price with a funster on here and the total price was pretty close spec for spec with the major difference being I ended up with a slide out kitchen and lounge within my price.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
If you look at what RS offered sale or return was nearly 20% of purchase price, now mine is a 2013 so as you can imagine slightly insulted as I’m sure it would be back on the website for a mark up of £15,000ish, doesn’t look like signature are interested either so as we have now decided to rent somewhere or buy while we build new, the pressures off to get anything bigger, it’s definitely got me interested in the RVs and I start my journey for a class c with my medical this morning.

I understand dealers are out to make a profit but as already stated feel as if RS are trying to rip me off! If I was to trade up I’m sure the trade up value would be significantly different but I suppose that’s business for you.
So I will park this itch up for now and may try and sell private in the future to see what interest it generates.
Cheers
Mark
As you say you will probably get a lot better selling privately. Is that 20% of list price I don't think dealer fitted or other extras are reflected at all in resale.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
As you say you will probably get a lot better selling privately. Is that 20% of list price I don't think dealer fitted or other extras are reflected at all in resale.
No 20% off what I purchased for
?

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Totally depends on how long you keep it but used is less painful, at the risk of stating the obvious- take your time, buy well and keep it imho.
It was used, bought last year but was a 2013 ?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
No 20% off what I purchased for
?
Well we bought ours new in 2014 for 38k so on the same basis ours would be worth 8k next year!!!. I still see similar for sale at dealers for the low 30,s !!!
Maybe my rule of thumb doesn't apply to posh ones certainly makes you think. When looking at a MH I would expect posh ones to cost more but given that sort of depreciation the cost of one that retails at 3x more could be 6x more!!! Ouch

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Having had a couple of Thor Four Winds RVs , my one real criticism was of the furnace heating system which was common to many makes of RV . It draws an incredible amount from batteries, is often noisy depending on location , and it blows hot and cold as there is an age between when the stat switches the heat on and off.
I had no issues with general build quality as my last one boasted european style cabinetry.
I found the Ford engine /chassis worked well with plenty of grunt but a V10 6.8l even on lpg is never going to be economical.
Wish I was still licenced above 3500kgs as some of the new RVs based on Mercs are looking really nice.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Do you mean you have lost 20% or80%!!!
I would call it upper end ish of market but not top end or posh, but I suppose it’s all relative to what you want and or can afford I suppose, in answer to your question though I would have lost approx 20% of what I purchased for, if I accepted their offer.

OP
OP
Rudski01
Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Wish I was still licenced above 3500kgs as some of the new RVs based on Mercs are looking really nice.
[/QUOTE]
Which models are now on the merc chassis?

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Which models are now on the merc chassis?
[/QUOTE]

Try this one and I believe there may be some from Thor coming.
www.marketing@leisurevans.com

link not working will try again soon just in way out.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back