Morocco 2020 (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
125 MAD ? Starting to compete with European prices now. Over the years prices have steadily risen which is only to be expected and I must admit last year we stopped in a couple of campsites that were as good as some European campsites. This is a good thing I think as it will put pressure on those shit-hole campsites to get their act together or loose trade.
I'm looking forward to returning in the winter of 2021, all being well.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'll give it 2 hours before it gets blocked up. Last year someone built a disposal point at the back of the guardian parking - I managed to use it once despite a little guy coming out in his van regularly to try and keep it clear.
But I'm just a cynic. Still I hope it's okay in a couple of weeks when we get there.
I'm betting on the majority using the old black dump, purely on the basis of convenience, if you get my drift. I just cant see them carrying, even on a trolley 1/4 mile to the swimming pool. I look forward to the pictures and reading how this pans out. Definitely, a step in the right direction for those who are not used to or apposed to using the dump that has been in use for several years, I would think.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Agree Essaouira is no longer a good place for m/hs. We had couple nights at Le Calme, not easy to get to Ess. Now on Kaouki Beach, apparently bus from village and site will also arrange a minibus.
[/QUOTE]

Yes we have seen the timetable for the bus. It takes about 40 mins from the parking lot and we've been told the fare is 7 MAD .
Will give it a try in a couple of days.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
IMG-20200211-WA0001.jpg

Apr 23, 2014
Spain ??
Funster No
MH
Ice cream van
Exp
Since 2011
I'm betting on the majority using the old black dump, purely on the basis of convenience, if you get my drift. I just cant see them carrying, even on a trolley 1/4 mile to the swimming pool. I look forward to the pictures and reading how this pans out. Definitely, a step in the right direction for those who are not used to or apposed to using the dump that has been in use for several years, I would think.

I’d hope they would have the shite police at the old pit, or people that would shame anyone still using it tbh and guiding them to the new facility provided by the council,, it’s a small ask to be fair

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We spent one night in Essaouria in the car park just outside the medina walls. 50 MAD per day and 50 MAD overnight. Aggressive attendant insisted on payment in advance, told him to call the police, or pi$$ off and come back tomorrow. He saw sense and we payed as we left for the overnight. Despite arriving at 4pm they insist on charging for a full day.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Agree Essaouira is no longer a good place for m/hs. We had couple nights at Le Calme, not easy to get to Ess. Now on Kaouki Beach, apparently bus from village and site will also arrange a minibus.

Yes we have seen the timetable for the bus. It takes about 40 mins from the parking lot and we've been told the fare is 7 MAD .
Will give it a try in a couple of days.
[/QUOTE]
40 mins for 7 MAD ???? Fantastic.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I’d hope they would have the shite police at the old pit, or people that would shame anyone still using it tbh and guiding them to the new facility provided by the council,, it’s a small ask to be fair
I agree Marc, but when campers have had a few, or it's getting dark and the Cassette is full they will take the easiest option. I hope I'm wrong but I am certain there are many who will not use the new Bourne if they can get away with it. We shall see soon enough for sure.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
That's great news. We wouldn't go last year because of the black waste issue

We stayed a night outside of Essouria at the excellent Les Olivier's at Ounara ( 125 MAD) and it is obvious that motorhomes are still not welcome in Essouria.
The campsite will take you and bring you back at a pre arranged time for 70 MAD per person ( minimum 2 people) and there is a bus but we didn't bother with either.

View attachment 362227
We had absolutely no problem on the car park right by the Medina, 20dh day , 50 night, 20 day,, I said to the kid (Guardian) 50 night, 50 day, he made 10dh, we had no hassle, don’t be put off just go?

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We had absolutely no problem on the car park right by the Medina, 20dh day , 50 night, 20 day,, I said to the kid (Guardian) 50 night, 50 day, he made 10dh, we had no hassle, don’t be put off just go?
100 MAD for 24Hr Guardian parking. That must be a new record. :rofl: :rofl:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
For those heading to Tafroute, I read on fb today that the council had installed a european style service point to empty your black waste for free and apparently 10mins of drinking water and 1hr of ehu for 10mad,
about time in my mind, never was keen on the sludge pit opposite the new swimming pool 29.721566 -8.977183 View attachment 362225View attachment 362224
im trying to see if this has been photoshopped?
great news no more sh*t creek and by inference the palmerai is here to stay?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Tuesday 4th Feb, went into Medina in the evening and the next day until about 2.30. There is more than one carpark btw this is the one on the far side (from the sea) of the medina.

3D583D7D-9641-4EC7-BE3A-E923BC74AB23.png

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
100 MAD for 24Hr Guardian parking. That must be a new record. :rofl: :rofl:
Technically 36hrs Phil, very handy and worth every penny, unless you want to risk a 49 year old taxi or pissball around in the boiling heat waiting for a bus with an outside seat that may or may not turn up my old nutcracker!;)(y) Love to Mena sweet pea.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
I though Imsouane a bit of a bum hole and not worth the drive, the campsite is a dust bowl perched up high you’d be better off at the on road parking which is nearer the town but lots of wild dogs, one was particularly vicious and went for our Tilly’s throat, some run down restaurants and a couple of better ones, lots of surf dudes with dreadlocks down to their privates, imho unless you surf don’t waste your time. (y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Had a look at Camping Terre d’Ocean in Taghazoute, not really my cup of tea, the vanS we’re almost jemmied in, too crowded, nice view but nowhere to go as it’s up the mountain which overlooks Taghazoute, which is now totally developed, what a change in 5 years, masses of apartments, hotels, people and Police so carried on to Camping Aourir, pretty much left at where Banana Market used to be and which is now apartments (not sure where they have it now, didn’t stay till Market day, Wednesday) and maybe two or three miles up the hill, it’s ok sandwiched between two mountains in a valley, very hot and all mod cons (ish) including a pool (seperate charge of 40 Mad) 85dh a night + 25dh for electric.

Have since moved on to Camping Oussay (Wassay) beach which is delightful, a terraced site overlooking what to all intents and purposes is a private beach, you can hear the waves crashing, it’s got a small shop for essentials, launderette, van wash, on site upholsterer, good showers and toilets and a restaurant and pool, 100 dhs a night reducing dependent on how long you stay.

F05E406C-97C0-4157-9A92-C70F0DA49831.jpeg

Might have a sing on Friday if I’m still here!;)

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Tend to agree with you Simon. Imsuane okay if it's just a quick overnight stop but not worth staying. You used to be able to park in the town but redevelopment has "fixed" that!
Great views from the top of the hill on road into/out of town though.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
dabhand last year we noticed a brand new site almost on the beach just north of Oceane de la Terre. Looked more like a camper park but was in a great location. Be down that way next week wondered if it's still there?

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
dabhand last year we noticed a brand new site almost on the beach just north of Oceane de la Terre. Looked more like a camper park but was in a great location. Be down that way next week wondered if it's still there?
Saw that Terry, not sure if it’s a site or not, I noticed a few places with campers parked up, one with a police guard on the gate. Not sure I’d want to be in Taghazoute now though, on Sunday when we drove through it was chockabloc.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
We saw that and asked and were told it belonged to Atlantic park. Yes nect to the sea but ri ght on the road and slightly below so a bit grim.

We actually like Terre D'ocean, if you go to the far end on thr top rows you can get a decent view and a bit more space. We get around using the scooter and if you get the key from reception you can go to the beach through the bottom gate.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We saw that and asked and were told it belonged to Atlantic park. Yes nect to the sea but ri ght on the road and slightly below so a bit grim.

We actually like Terre D'ocean, if you go to the far end on thr top rows you can get a decent view and a bit more space. We get around using the scooter and if you get the key from reception you can go to the beach through the bottom gate.

We stayed a night there last year. Atlantica Beach.
Very convenient stop on way south and super facilities right on the beach but ultra modern and completely soulless

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Had a look at Camping Terre d’Ocean in Taghazoute, not really my cup of tea, the vanS we’re almost jemmied in, too crowded, nice view but nowhere to go as it’s up the mountain which overlooks Taghazoute, which is now totally developed, what a change in 5 years, masses of apartments, hotels, people and Police so carried on to Camping Aourir, pretty much left at where Banana Market used to be and which is now apartments (not sure where they have it now, didn’t stay till Market day, Wednesday) and maybe two or three miles up the hill, it’s ok sandwiched between two mountains in a valley, very hot and all mod cons (ish) including a pool (seperate charge of 40 Mad) 85dh a night + 25dh for electric.

Have since moved on to Camping Oussay (Wassay) beach which is delightful, a terraced site overlooking what to all intents and purposes is a private beach, you can hear the waves crashing, it’s got a small shop for essentials, launderette, van wash, on site upholsterer, good showers and toilets and a restaurant and pool, 100 dhs a night reducing dependent on how long you stay.

View attachment 362401

Might have a sing on Friday if I’m still here!;)
I would not pay 200 MAD for a salad, a bit o fish and chocolate stuff, Captain Cockthruster ! But I would pay 200 MAD to hear your silky smooth voice my wonderful scrumptious nuts. Don't go past the campsite just south of Agadir, it's magnificent.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
We stayed at Imsouane in 2016 and it was OK. We were able to park up with other motor homes in the part developed section of the town near the beach. The campsite was also being developed at that time and the night before we departed the owner appeared with the local policemen and told everyone they would have to move onto the campsite the following day or leave the town. He clearly had the local plod in his pocket. We never returned.

IMG_8838.JPG
IMG_8838.JPG
IMG_8844.JPG
IMG_8859.JPG
IMG_8860.JPG
IMG_8877.JPG
IMG_8881.JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8907.JPG
IMG_8909.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.