What is your favourite cooking appliance? (1 Viewer)

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I’d have to say, I loved it as a bbq, but as has been said it’s a pig to clean - hence relegated now, very economical for coals, but replaced now with gas. Time will tell as to whether it’s better. Oh and I never cleaned it, that was hubby job! But it no longer has any Teflon on it.

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Another little gadget i like is our Kelly kettle. I bought it for fishing years ago. I no longer fish but it has it's place in our van's garage. (y)

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
Doddle to clean the cobb. Wipe out with paper towel, then I use some cheap oven cleaner and let it soak for an hour or so. wipe out clean and finish with soapy water. Ours still look like new using this method. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 28, 2019
Herne Bay Kent CT65HT
Funster No
MH
charisma 11 A class.
Exp
since 1972
We have a Remoska, an electric steamer and a slow cooker as well as pots pans and kettles. What is your favourite cooking tool? We are looking to make life easier for me as I cook and look after Sue in her wheel chair..
My favorite restaurants !! I don't cook in the "Charisma", eat out .My Wife was a gourmet cook ,so spoiled really.!! Do carry an emergency meal of Spag'Bol' though,just one pan to use .Oven & grill still pristine .

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Doddle to clean the cobb. Wipe out with paper towel, then I use some cheap oven cleaner and let it soak for an hour or so. wipe out clean and finish with soapy water. Ours still look like new using this method. (y)
I must admit I try to mop up as much as possible with paper towels but then resort to jiffy and a scooter, notjonbthe non stick plates though and then rinse etc. I'll try the soaking with cheap oven cleaner cause wiping that out also reduces water usage doesn't it. What kind of oven cleaner do you use?

Jan 22, 2017
North wales
Funster No
MH
Ace Napoli (Swift)
Exp
Since February 2019
Looks good for van, just got one from Amazon...
Well..what a surprise...I got mine yesterday ..impressed with the chopping..hoping it is as good for blending soups and making pureed..

Oct 26, 2013
Reading
Funster No
MH
Globecar PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Well..what a surprise...I got mine yesterday ..impressed with the chopping..hoping it is as good for blending soups and making pureed..
And also we have just bought the equivalent Tefal version and we love it and will definetely use in our van.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
I’ve already posted on this thread sometime ago but here I go again.

FRYING PAN
It has got to be the most used Pan on the Planet who hasn’t got one and if anyone invents anything to beat it they will be Billionaires as everyone on the Planet will want one. It’s not going to happen.

Euphony

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
B Class
Exp
3 years of weekending with the odd month here and there.
Toaster

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
cobb........i was introduced to one by a german karmann owner a decade ago and been using one ever since(at home or away) cooks pretty much everything, bread, cake, meat, pizza, ready meals, etc
most of my race mates have one now , no burnt grass, carry it about when lit...the only down side is the availability of fuel but i buy in bulk every 2 years, so no probs there (after the recent shortage due to change in fuel content and need for approval of the 'new recipe' i believe its freely available again)
never had a problem with cleaning

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Air Fryer from Cookware Kings misses had it from the nec and not stop bloody cooking.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Cast iron skillet at home

Wallas XC Duo (Diesel hob/heater) in van

Halogen oven in van with EHU

Boris7

Banned
Jan 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Burford
Exp
1 year
You cant beat a Cobb, 12v sealed slow cooker and portable gas ring (or two) a Ooni Koda and an Icelandic stone.

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Cadac. Even though it spontaneously combusted last year and melted - I still don't know why, but it was replaced with a brand new one which hasn't, yet.
We've been using it a lot in the garden, much better than the kitchen cooker, probably down to the fact that my cooking is much better than swmbo's (who doesn't read the forum).

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I second that but suppose that old-mo's moaners might not like it, but hey ho my opinion was asked.
At the moment i am doing all the cooking as she is broken just now with a twisted knee
bill

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
My most used is the microwave, as there's just me and the GirlChild, so I cook in vast batches, freeze in appropriate portion sizes and zap to order. Also extensively used for milk for lattes and hot chocolate, porridge and reheating batch cooked soups and frozen home baked bread. After that, the halogen over for virtually everything else - steak, chops, fish etc. I might poach an egg on the hob for her ladyship, but hardly use it otherwise. In the rig specifically, probably the charcoal barbecue.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
At the moment i am doing all the cooking as she is broken just now with a twisted knee
bill
Hope she better soon don't want you starving.
At a push you could move her chair nearer the cooker 😀

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I have a Remoska, Tower Pressure Cooker. Slow Cooker, Gas BBQ (although I have to admit I have never used that - its a piece of 'blue' kit, :LOL: but my favourite?

1591900781366.png

My wok. Nearly 30 years old. It came from China in a plastic bag, covered in engine oil. Sold in the only chinese supermarket in the south west (another good reason to live in Bristol) ;) .... Once seasoned (which I seem to remember took a lot of perserverence and many weeks) it has never been washed - Never been used by anyone but me (under pain of death), and still my favourite piece of kitchen equipment. :love:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
We love our Omnia Oven and use to cook in our van that we live in full time virtually every day. We create lots of recipes to help others using an Omnia Stove top oven - here is a link to some of them: https://brownbirdandcompany.co.uk/blogs/omnia-oven-cooking

The Omnia sounds good, does it take long to cook jacket potatoes etc, what else can you cook in it, while meals etc, vegetables, is it easy cleaning, does it get boiling hot to touch etc?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back