Away in the van this weekend? (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Are you away? Anywhere nice? :Smile:

I'll be stuck in the office all weekend, only escaping to move a bit of heavy furniture for the mother-in-law:cry: Roll on Christmas:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Going away.:RollEyes:
I wish Jim, I'm going "stir crazy" sat here indoors.:cry:
Still grounded on "Doctors orders" until mid January.:Sad:
Bah Humbug:Angry:
Brisey.

davvidof

Free Member
May 24, 2010
Felixstowe
Funster No
MH
None - Sold It!
Exp
2 Months
Off in the morning, stopping at a friend's in Sussex and then crossing via Eurotunnel and down to the Midi Pyrenees for Christmas & New Year. Although we are travelling in the van we will be staying with friend's while we are there.
Just as well really 'cos the van is stacked high with UK 'goodies' for folk in France......::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
Were going to Arylesford Priory near Maidstone, with some friends. Carols by candelight tonight and then a band and disco tomorrow.

Glad the snow as gone as I think we are on grass.

Hopefully it will be very christmassy.

Pat

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Bus just like yours on the way to the vets tonight Jim, drove straight at it then realised it wasn't you:roflmto:

They'll know I am crazy:roflmto:

I wished I was away.

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Vans been snowed in for over a week now and not been used for about 4 weeks. Battery is flat and its loosing break fluid so a trip to the garage next week presuming I can get it started and out of the drive, so all being well the next trip will be Christmas to the Lake District, assuming we can get there ok.:Smile:

Will probably be in the Lakes for New Year as well but no idea where, nothing booked.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
will definitely be out, even if it is only round the block and get some diesel. withdrawal symptoms are too strong to ignore it

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Sat in the Van in Cirencester :thumb: at the CC site. Lots of MH here

Going to the Xmas market here in the morning

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
nope, but getting it ready,,, will be sorting it all out for a skiing adventure to Scotland at the end of next week, then, back for a few days before heading off to the land of song armed with guns (yes im serious :winky:) to see the new year in with a bunch of moaning old gits, some scousers, and some bald beatneck millionaire and his tea total wife. :winky:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
Staying home, it is one of busiest times of the year so Graham working all way through until the 23rd then we are off to Spain 28th December :thumb:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I would have loved to be away but recovering from op, daily district nurse dressing changes and still a bit weak :thumb:

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
no alas flat out with work 7 days as long as you can stand up. due in some part to the weather hey ho earning the pennies for more trips away.:ROFLMAO:

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
At home till Christmas then off to Northern Ireland on the 29th for a wedding and Hogmanay.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Its our weekend at home this weekend.
Saying that , Ralph is driving to Chester to pick up a Thule back box , he bought off ebay for the MH. As we speak.
Extra storage for all the sallopetes , jackets and moon boots. We realized we really needed one after our snowy trip to Pickering last weekend. That along with good snow tyres and better chains............ still it was a good practice before our Xmas trip up to Aviemore. At least we will be fully equipped with everything we need now.

Isabel is going to the cinema , and then clothes shopping , with her pals.
Jacob is out and about Yorkshire on the trains with a day rover, flask and sandwiches with Helen ( shes not my girlfriend:Blush:)
Isaac is waiting patiently for me to take him to the bike shop to pick yet more bike paraphernalia for his BMX , with the money hes got off grandma and grandad for Christmas .

As for me , well Ive got a pile of ironing to tackle then a nice meal out , with my new work mates tonight.
Yes , Ive returned to work after 16 years being a FT mum.:whatthe:
I'm only temporary helping out over a busy Christmas period P/T , 20 hours a week . But it gets me out of the house mingling with humans again:ROFLMAO: Although I'm tired , not being used to it , I'm loving it.
It actually makes me appreciate our weekends in the MH even more::bigsmile:
Bev

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Dosed myself up on Lemsip (other cold and flu remedies are available) and dragged myself out to a Christmas Fayre this morning in the van (I know....not exactly 'away for the weekend').....

......rubbish. Hardly any stalls and even then the stall keepers outnumbered customers by about 5:1. Felt so bad for those who had made the effort to sell stuff, I had to by something.

In for the rest of the weekend......BAAAAAHHHHH HUMMMBUUUUG :Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back