What is your favourite cooking appliance? (1 Viewer)

Jan 2, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starspirit
Exp
7 years
We have a Remoska, an electric steamer and a slow cooker as well as pots pans and kettles. What is your favourite cooking tool? We are looking to make life easier for me as I cook and look after Sue in her wheel chair..

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
pressure cooker.
mind a frying pan and a grill are ok.
i do have a full gas cooker 4 rings ,grill and oven but the kettle and the pressure cooker get used the most.

claude et maude

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 17, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer B664 CL
Exp
Since 2018
Ooni pizza oven, cooks pizza perfect pizza in 1 to 2 mins and inch thick steak perfectly in 4 mins.
FAEA68DE-D724-4366-87AF-9C84628BAD34.jpeg

Last edited:
May 19, 2014
Keynsham, Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote
Exp
Since 2005
Induction hob from Lidl, Ā£30. Great for full English, bacon frying in the open air, steak dinners, Hairy Bikers One Pot Wonders, etc. Easy and compact to store, easy to clean, no mess inside, perfect off EHU too via an inverter. 2kW max but I've never cooked at more than a kW, perhaps 1.2kW to quickly heat a thick pan.
20200121_184713.jpg

Dec 16, 2017
AlmuƱƩcar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
Cadac safari chef with lava stones added to it.
Remoska
Mini oven and grill with a rotisserie spit we keep in the garage but can dig out and plug in if hookup allows and we want an oven.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
In the moho,itā€™s the oven. Recently bought a camping gaz party grill that Iā€™m looking forward to using.
At home,itā€™s an induction hob,which is like cooking on gas,super.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Weve the following all used at some time or other but not necessarily within same holiday.
oven - crap and donā€™t use it other than for storage, tech tower!
remouska - great bit of kit use a lot, had a standard but have recently bought the grand from alzera, as found the standard just a bit less versatile for, such things as whole chicken or pizza. Standard has come home. Will see how the lithium and inverter manage in summer.
pressure cooker - use always when not on hook up, cuts gas time considerably. But also great on the induction.
induction single hob, use when on ehu and if only needing one pan as it takes space over the 3 gas hob.
double skillet - have yet to use it properly, found it burnt before being cooked so bought a defuser, lost the handles so it went into storage at home, found the handles, still havenā€™t used it properly.
george Forman- small 2 person one, 500w only used on ehu, makes great toasties. Low watts so hopefully might be able to use off grid.
BBQ - had an external bbq point fitted so no take a gas bbq too. For also when off grid
also now have inverter so will be going cold turkey in summer and living off solar so will see how things go.

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Really interested in this Remoska, until I saw the price.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
We only have a gas hob, so make sure we can do everything we need on that. We have purchased an Omnia gas hob oven but don't consider it an essential piece of kit. As it's small and light, its presence does not offend our payload much.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Slow cooker. Suitcase gas ring for outside. remoska and double skillet which I havenā€™t got to grips with yet - for some reason nervous of it!

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
On Hook Up, then the Remoska, great piece of kit.
No Hook Up, I use the hob rings for steaming, and a Tefal deep Saute Non stick, Glass Lid for the rest.
I do use the Tech Tower oven for Pizza, and warming things up, but its crap for anything else.
Winter in the van cooking.....Prestige Pressure cooker
Awning out Cooking.......Weber Q 1200 BBQ plugged into external gas point.

Want to get the Weber Go Anywhere Charcoal BBQ as well, for my authentic Tandoori Chicken Flavour

Need to sell the Cadac Safari Chef, used it couple of times, too small, not impressed since using the Weber.

LES

Nov 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Challenger 287GA
Exp
Since 2020
If I am reading your original post correctly, you are looking for something that will make life easier for you as a couple and take some of the strain off of you to allow you more time to allow you to enjoy your time away. If that is the case, may I suggest you take a look at https://thermomix.vorwerk.com/thermomix/. These things are bloody amazing, and looking at the power consumption suggests that a normal power draw of under 6.5W would make it perfectly usable whilst on hook-up at any UK site as well as a good amount of continental ones as well. They are pricey, but I can personally attest to both their quality and the results of the food they prepare!

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
None now šŸ˜¢
Exp
I have a Thermomix and absolutely love it, amazing! mine has been away for cosmetic warranty repair in the last week and to say I have missed it is an understatement. It must live on your worktop, never in a cupboard. It comes with an inbuilt recipe platform, you have a Cookidoo app that takes you through cooking lots of things step by step or you just programme the settings yourself to heat, chop, stir. You can be simple or very adventurous. There are a few accessories that mostly come with it.
There are enthusiasts the world over who share recipes online. It has inbuilt weighing scales and very sharp blades that are capable of blitzing or stirring as it cooks. You use it to prep elements of your recipe first. You have an iPad like control on the front. You can make full meals in it or use it to prep elements to finish cooking elsewhere, ie the oven, it makes perfect sauces, Italian meringue, prepares bread dough, cooks rice, boils eggs, you can make your own flours or milks, beautiful soups, sous vide, slow cook, make pastry, pasta, pesto, curry, ice cream bases etc. It has a steamer basket too. So you can cook various elements of a meal all at the same time. I bought my daughter one as a special present and she absolutely loves it too and so do the kids, demanding smoothies, rice pudding, mac and cheese, chicken and sweet corn soup etc. She can start the recipe off then leave it cooking and stirring whilst she does whatever else. It plays a tune to let her know when the timer is up. There will be a demonstrator near you who would happily show you one. I am going to a free demo Indian cooking event next week near Leeds there may be events near you. I went to a Christmas event recently and there were a really diverse group of people of all ages and cooking abilities. I suppose itā€™s like having a galley slave really. I have taken it in the motorhome with me and cooked lovely meals and made lovely cocktails too, had the neighbouring kids coming round asking to taste things. I would want to park on a site and near camp wash facilities if I took it all the time, you might rinse and wash it out a lot, though it has a pre clean programme, I wouldnā€™t use one camped on an aire really, you would need a bucket of water outside, I wouldn't love getting little bits of food out of the motorhome sink.
Aside from ecstatic ramblings about thermomix, we love cooking on our Cobb on holiday, we have a gas one in a carry bag with all the different cooking plates and dishes, our friends have bought the same seeing how well and enjoyable it is to cook on outside over a number of years.
Inside the motorhome and in cold climes I have preferred cooking with a multicooker. I liked the Remoska and it certainly works well but I found the long handle and lid dangerous in a confined space, a hinged lid appliance is much easier for me and safer in a small space. Lots on the market, some pressure cook too. I think the remoska cooks at one temperature, a multicooker can be programmed for different times and temps.
Whatever you get good luck, hope you enjoy using it and you are both pleased with your efforts.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Just remember the low power we run on at campsites and, of course, the dreaded weight. My policy one item of cookware brought in, one goes out!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back