I love what this guy has done with plywood for his self build. (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
I do know the guy personally. He has bought a plot of land down the West Country to live with nature. Quite a nice bloke. Great how he makes mirrors, you should have a look at them, maybe buy one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not so sure he's overweight, that he mentioned the weight a couple of times means he was thinking about it, which is more than most motorhomers do. He had plenty of built in gear but not much "stuff" . We'll never know for sure, but he seemed to have the personality of someone who stayed within the law.

May 10, 2012
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Don’t own one.
Exp
Since 2006(1986 VW T25)
Gorgeous! I wonder what a weigh bridge would make of it??
He probably is.

From experience I will say that is easily over weight.

I was speaking too him when this was just a dream of his and we spoke about the weight so his is aware of it. He is also ex police and he uses the van a lot on the roads. Attends quite a few festivals in the summer so you may see him around.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Ehhhh. All that work, then use the wrong screws.

Attachments

• 9C4C55E5-9ABD-4730-9EA1-B9547641D19B.jpeg
    9C4C55E5-9ABD-4730-9EA1-B9547641D19B.jpeg
    208.9 KB · Views: 68

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
Fun but not a motor caravan if we are to believe the DVLA list as requirements. Not enough windows etc. I suppose the rear wooden arrangement is the required habitation door with a large pull down security feature.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
I was speaking too him when this was just a dream of his and we spoke about the weight so his is aware of it. He is also ex police and he uses the van a lot on the roads. Attends quite a few festivals in the summer so you may see him around.
I am aware of it , but being aware and knowing what you are at are different things.

And I know how far the self conversion I bought was over the limit. I was pulled and weighed , 400KG over , and I considered I was empty. Only had one Motorbike in where I normally carry 2, no spare wheels, only a suitcase generator, no awning sides(full motorsports job) no water, food or anything to actually sustain me for more than a few hours. Could easily have had another 500kg in it , and I would have had a caravan on the back too. I took 200kg of wood out of just the back half, and there looks to be more in there than I had in mine,

If I did see him, how would I know lol... I don't do festivals . Nice creativity , if its what he wants , then fair play .

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Ehhhh. All that work, then use the wrong screws.
I HATE black Jap slotted screws that would have come with that handle. I'd have dapped a bit of Hammerite on those screws if I was bothered. I wouldn't have put Hammerite on those screws :D

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
I Liked it, and hats off for the arty design flair, surprised he didn't fit a Skylight or two, as it would have retained a stealth look from the outside, and needless to say natural light inside.
Loved the log burner, and he is hardly going to run out of wood is he (y)

He didn't mention his off grid capability, although we all saw the 3 solar panels on the roof, I guess he maybe didn't mention it as he wasn't asked, and by the sound of it subbed out the work to electricians.

He even had a SOG unit in the loo, so someone with plenty of experience has been giving him decent advice.

Bottom line of 22K all in, is not bad, but then again maybe he is too sacred to sit down with a calculator and ALL the receipts, and who can blame him(y)
Good luck to him, wilding on his small bit of forestry land cant be bad.
As he said "Living The Dream" in his own unique way, lovely.
LES

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Very interesting. Not everyones way of life, but will appeal to some friends of the earth types. Personally I wouldn’t like to live on my own up a woodland path.
Phil

OP
OP
Gromett
Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
other than the lining it doesnt look like much ply inthere looks like reclaimed palletwood
The external door. all the internal cupboard doors. the lining, the pictures and mirrors.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Love it, good for him, how lovely it must feel to live in something so creative and that you’ve made yourself. His land looked lush too, wonder what he kept in his sheds? His wood working stuff I suppose.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back