Police investigation after huge fire rips through camper van (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I would have thought the description of a 'huge fire ripping through' anything might have been more appropriate to the Australian bushfires or a petrolium refinery than a campervan.

And the reporter did not mention occupants.

Poor journalism.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
looks pretty much like most vehicle fires I have seen. It takes seconds to take hold and any fuel tank involvement or LPG tank will totally destroy the vehicle.

If you wake to find a fire in your van, get out and stay out, call the fire service. But the van will be almost certainly lost. You can replace metal and plastic using the insurance, but no amount of money will bring you back from the dead

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Canley fire station to Balsall Common is a fair distance, it would have taken them about 10 to 15 minutes to get there. If it then took them an hour to put out, the van must have been pretty full of flammable material.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Is that speculation? or do you have a source of reliable information?
knowing the area, and the type of people that like to visit it at that time of night , it was a guess. More of a realistic alternative to the clickbait headline.

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Looks to me like someone's taken a VW for a joyride and torched it ? Surely no serious FLT would block access to a gateway ?

OP
OP
MyrtleGuru
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I would have thought the description of a 'huge fire ripping through' anything might have been more appropriate to the Australian bushfires or a petrolium refinery than a campervan.

And the reporter did not mention occupants.

Poor journalism.

Sadly competent local journalism appears to be a rare beast indeed in the UK now. In fact, I often cringe at national broadcast journalism's lack of clarity and its cliché-ridden reportage these days. Must be getting old, I suppose.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Sadly competent local journalism appears to be a rare beast indeed in the UK now. In fact, I often cringe at national broadcast journalism's lack of clarity and its cliché-ridden reportage these days. Must be getting old, I suppose.
Our local paper in Kent had its own TV station now. If you think the national journalists are bad you should see that lot. I swear blind most of them are still at school doing their GCSEs.

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Our local paper in Kent had its own TV station now. If you think the national journalists are bad you should see that lot. I swear blind most of them are still at school doing their GCSEs.
'Digital Media students'

Its an occupation that is spiralling to the bottom. Not that it had far to go. There are guys and gals on You Tube with more talent , and content ideas .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back