Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
If anyone is into Sci-Fi with a current technology angle then I can highly recommend the Daniel Suarez Daemon series. Listened to the unabridged audio books earlier in the year and they are very gripping, so the read should be equally as compelling.

Two books in Daemon and Freedom make up the set.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Daniel-Suarez/e/B001V206AK

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
THANK YOU. Have made a note and will put them on my to do list.... :thumb:

Can you give us a bit more info on the plot without spoiling it .... sort of the write up on the back cover please? That way I know if I need to put it as priority reading or for holiday type. Thank you.:Smile:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
THANK YOU. Have made a note and will put them on my to do list.... :thumb:

Can you give us a bit more info on the plot without spoiling it .... sort of the write up on the back cover please? That way I know if I need to put it as priority reading or for holiday type. Thank you.:Smile:

Here's the publishers hype Movan. Haven't read it yet so can't comment. For me Banks and Hamilton are the modern stars of the sci-fi world.

Daemon
Technology controls almost everything in our modern-day world, from remote entry on our cars to access to our homes, from the flight controls of our airplanes to the movements of the entire world economy. Thousands of autonomous computer programs, or daemons, make our networked world possible, running constantly in the background of our lives, trafficking e-mail, transferring money, and monitoring power grids. For the most part, daemons are benign, but the same can't always be said for the people who design them. Matthew Sobol was a legendary computer game designer-the architect behind half-a-dozen popular online games. His premature death depressed both gamers and his company's stock price. But Sobol's fans aren't the only ones to note his passing. When his obituary is posted online, a previously dormant daemon activates, initiating a chain of events intended to unravel the fabric of our hyper-efficient, interconnected world. With Sobol's secrets buried along with him, and as new layers of his daemon are unleashed at every turn, it's up to an unlikely alliance to decipher his intricate plans and wrest the world from the grasp of a nameless, faceless enemy-or learn to live in a society in which we are no longer in control...

Freedom
In the opening chapters of Freedom(tm), the Daemon is well on its way toward firm control of the modern world, using an expanded network of real-world, dispossessed darknet operatives to tear apart civilization and rebuild it anew. Civil war breaks out in the American Midwest, with the mainstream media stoking public fear in the face of this 'Corn Rebellion'. Former detective Pete Sebeck, now the Daemon's most famous and most reluctant operative, must lead a small band of enlightened humans in a populist movement designed to protect the new world order.

But the private armies of global business are preparing to crush the Daemon once and for all. In a world of conflicted loyalties, rapidly diminishing government control, and a new choice between free will and the continuing comforts of ignorance, the stakes could not be higher: hanging in the balance is nothing less than democracy's last hope to survive the technology revolution.

olley

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back