Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Yup, if we know where we are going and have internet access at the time! but as we mainlly don't when on the road, we usually use Vicarious Books 'All the Aires' - except of course it's by no means all of them! LOL

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Has anyone used this site to find Aires in France and downloaded the guide to a memory stick? Would you recommend it?
Any strong French Aires de Service otherwise?

http://www.campingcar-infos.com/index1.htm

Yes-I've put all the POI's for aires on my sat nav and,along with the Vicarious book 'Quite a lot of the Aires in France' :ROFLMAO: we've not failed to find summat.
Mike

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
I bought the download and have it on my laptop. It means we can access the database even when there is no wifi connection. Everything is the same except for the streetview info.

I also have the poi's on the Tom Tom and "All the Aires" book. Belt and braces!!!

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Yup, if we know where we are going and have internet access at the time! but as we mainlly don't when on the road, we usually use Vicarious Books 'All the Aires' - except of course it's by no means all of them! LOL

In addition the book "All the French Aires".

The Aires that are in the book, we found that 1/3 are now closed and 1/3 are now no longer free. we found that the book was extremely poor value for money.

Doug...

OP
OP
tony_g
Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
All the Aires

In addition the book "All the French Aires".

The Aires that are in the book, we found that 1/3 are now closed and 1/3 are now no longer free. we found that the book was extremely poor value for money.

Doug...

I see that a new edition is available in January. Let's hope it's more accurate and comprehensive. It seems wrong to me that the old edition is still on sale.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I have campingcar infos DVD , out of date now but still invaluable .. will replace with the download when we next go abroad .. also have the POIs on the sat nav,

IMO campingcar infos is the most up to date and most accurate resource available, it's compiled and maintained by members on the campingcar forum, not by a publisher. So you get honest and accurate information by from people who have actually used the aires.

10/10 :thumb:

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
CCI is a great resource and the one we rely on most of all. I bought the DVD a couple of years back and installed it on my laptop. Now I download an occasional update of the POI files (have to convert them from TomTom to Garmin, or CSV, format) and away we go. I shall buy an update USB stick before long because I think Bruno (who runs CCI) deserves the support, and the site information on my laptop is a bit out of date now. I find it really helpful to read what others have said about an aire - my French is just about good enough to work out most of the comments.

Philip

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back