Oops - finding a new window abroad (1 Viewer)

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
My Europe trip hasn't exactly gone to plan in a lot of ways but me and the pooches are getting on with it. Yesterday we headed to a site in Ceske Budejovich, Czech republic only to find it closed - I will be having a ceremonial burning of my campsite guide. Anyway the decision was made to carry on to Prague arriving after 5 hours or so on the road (from Vienna) and in the dark. Like an idiot I misjudged the site entrance and came in at too sharp an angle resulting in my kitchen window meeting a grisly end with the wall. The dear chap here has covered it in plastic and I'm waiting for my insurance to call me (not holding my breath).
The question is where on earth do I get a Fiat Bessacarr window out here if I don't do it through my insurance? Heading to Germany next and can't come back to the UK until Jan (dog passports).
Link Removed

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Rotten luck :Sad:

Ok, did a quick search for you and although not Germany, at least within reasonable posting distance:

http://www.caravancentrumroels.be
Caravan Centrum Roels
Caravan Centrum Roels imports Swift Holiday Homes and covers North East Belgium, and Holland
Caravan Centrum bvba
Kwatrechtsteenweg 148
B-9230 Wetteren

Telefoon: 09/369.20.26

Orrrr...

http://www.swiftcaravans.nl

Caravan Trading Europe
Importers of Swift/Sprite caravans in the Netherlands and Benelux
Caravan Trading Europe
Latensteinserondweg 4-05
4005 EH Tiel
T: 0344-632209

Orrrr

Link Removed

Degotte Caravanes
Degotte Caravans imports Swift Holiday Homes and covers South West Belgium, and France.

Par courrier: Rue de Bruxelles, 182
4340 - AWANS
BELGIQUE
Par téléphone : 00 32 (0)4 372 12 72

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Thank you. Not having much luck with my insurance who've put me through to AA European Assistance and I'm now waiting for them to call me with any garages in Prague or Germany though she sounded less hopeful than me! Her attitude seemed to be that as long as the van was driveable it wasn't a big deal. Course not love, the sheet of plastic will keep people and sub zero temps out a treat :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Jenny, those contacts I posted are all the Euro Swift dealers listed mate :Smile:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
If frenchie AA assistance woman doesn't ring me back then I'll be going down that route. Friends in the the UK have offered to get a window sent out to me but then still have to find someone to fit it. To be honest if I can patch it up I can wait til we get back. Insurance company won't be getting my custom next year.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Jenny, those contacts I posted are all the Euro Swift dealers listed mate :Smile:

I can think of at least 3 times in the last six months where FUNsters come on pleading for help abroad and ignore it.

Frankie really pulled all the stops out to find garages in France and was ignored for ages.

OK no big deal but sooner or later who's going to bother offering help.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, sorry nothing specific but. We have been in a few motorhome dealers accessories stores over in Germany and found that some of them have really good stocks of those plastic double glazed windows... second hand :Smile:
I also just did a quick search on ebay.de and 'wohnmobil-fenster' came up with one second hand one for sale, undoubted not the right size but it is item 150520347401. Right, further search.... look for fenster under Auto & Motorrad / Spezielle Fahrzeug / Reisemobil- & Caravan . So many windows!!! Obviously Germany, when you get there is huge, but if you cannot get a window there I would be very surprised. After all you are NOT really looking for a window for a Bessacarr E765, you are looking for a type of window sized something X something. I hope that helps in someway, sorting it yourself might be cheaper than going via the insurance too. Jane :Smile:

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Thank you for all of the advice - the plastic sheet sounds like a brilliant idea. Will wait til I get to Germany and also contact the Swift dealers to see if there's anyone nearer than Belgium.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
- the plastic sheet sounds like a brilliant idea.

Simply logical.

Two ways you can fix it - clear parcel tape or a cartridge of silicon sealant or both in fact. Silicon pongs a bit 'till it's set but in a few hours it's a serious flexible bond.

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
Simply logical.

Two ways you can fix it - clear parcel tape or a cartridge of silicon sealant or both in fact. Silicon pongs a bit 'till it's set but in a few hours it's a serious flexible bond.

See this is why I need a man :ROFLMAO:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
You will need the code on the window. If it is a standard Roxite window as often found in the bathroom/kitchen areas, then you will find it a quick and easy job - unscrew the locking cap (plastic tab each end of the top runner) and slide out. Takes a few minutes. Roxite will have a code such as roxite 95 which is the tint, you will need that.

If it is a seitz, then you are going to be a bit more involved, although it is still very simple. You will be more likely to find seitz cheaper over there - so could be a good thing! I can send you photographic instructions on how-to if need be.

But do get the code - it will be on the window somewhere around one corner and will read something like AGS541450x600. The AGS5 is the window type/tint code the 1450x600 the size - so quite simple!

Roxite are made in Rotterdam http://www.polyplastic.nl/UK/acrylaat.html

Seitz (Dometic) www.caravan.cz email: caravan@caravan.cz
OR service@dometic.de +(0)49 4716920

OP
OP
ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies

Free Member
Mar 28, 2010
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
A Beastie
Exp
Since July 2010
You will need the code on the window. If it is a standard Roxite window as often found in the bathroom/kitchen areas, then you will find it a quick and easy job - unscrew the locking cap (plastic tab each end of the top runner) and slide out. Takes a few minutes. Roxite will have a code such as roxite 95 which is the tint, you will need that.

If it is a seitz, then you are going to be a bit more involved, although it is still very simple. You will be more likely to find seitz cheaper over there - so could be a good thing! I can send you photographic instructions on how-to if need be.

But do get the code - it will be on the window somewhere around one corner and will read something like AGS541450x600. The AGS5 is the window type/tint code the 1450x600 the size - so quite simple!

Roxite are made in Rotterdam http://www.polyplastic.nl/UK/acrylaat.html

Seitz (Dometic) www.caravan.cz email: caravan@caravan.cz
OR service@dometic.de +(0)49 4716920

Much appreciated. The only help offered so far by insurance is to get it patched up and I have to pay.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back