Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Who fancies touring india in one of these luxury campers?
Do have to say they have everything needed in them but do somehow look a bit sparten on the interior furnishings, you can even have a chauffeur one.

Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Breaks - Oil[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Drums, front/rear leather[/SIZE][/FONT]​

whats that all about then...leather brake drums front and rear. :ROFLMAO:

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
Fabulous - thank you, just what I've been looking for (but not very hard admittedly)

:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Breaks - Oil[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Drums, front/rear leather[/SIZE][/FONT]​

whats that all about then...leather brake drums front and rear. :ROFLMAO:

Stop being so picky - when they wear out, just skin a goat or two, et voila - job sorted

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
200 litres of water on the roof! That should get you snaking if the real things don't get you first. :roflmto:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]6-7 km / liter approx (depending on the road & driving [/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]skill [/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]+20% hill)[/FONT][/SIZE]​

dont hit the holy cow laid in the road and stay on the road.....full extent of indian drivers skill.

driving test consists of a straight road with an S bend half way.....set off, negotiate bend, brake.....end of test.

and i believe some go to another 'state' 'cos its easier. :ROFLMAO:

stick to curries and forget driving in india. :thumb:

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Sleeps 8+1,
and 200 litres of water on the roof! :Eeek:

We could learn a thing or two here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
S

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
I spent two weeks there on buisness in a past life and believe me I would not like to drive on their roads ever again. The picture below is common place and just no one observes any form of road rules whatsoever.

The moral they work by is that the man upstairs will have his will no matter what we do.

In the two weeks I was out there I saw some horrible crashes and several pedestrians run down.

From what I remember wild camping would be alowed ANYWHERE

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
here you are, the full [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGfLNqjh4j0"]INDIAN DRIVING TEST[/ame] :Eeek:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We hired a taxi for a week and we spent sooooo much time with our eyes closed:Eeek::Eeek: we would open our eyes and look at each other-------------we are still alive:roflmto::whatthe:
As much as we would love to m/home in India-----------if we travelled there again it would be in another taxi-----:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Or even by train ----another experience !--------- India is a country made for travelling-----------------------absolutely fantastic----especially if you feel comfortable mixing with down-to-earth people.
I would been ok driving there when younger (and MUCH quicker):thumb::thumb:
Nigel

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
The 2nd time me and Mk I husband went to India, we went out one evening with another couple for a meal in a nearby town. Hubby in front, me and other couple in back of Taxi.

When we got to the resto at some stage there was a lull. The other chap says, Can I ask you a question? - Yes replies my husband. Well, it's something that I have been pondering on for a while and you've been here before and so forth, so it occurred to me that you might just know the answer - which side of the road are they supposed to drive on? To which my husband replied, Well - I have probably been pondering this for several years longer than you, and I think the best way I can possibly answer the question is 'Yes' .

And I think anyone that has been will prolly agree with that! Because whatever it is -it is invariably the side that the cow isn't.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
That scene is repeated at thousands of junctions all over the country all day--every day------I don't remember a 'non rush hour:Eeek:'-------------thats the reason I COULDN'T drive there now,:cry:
BTW you will see that most vehicles drive on the left:ROFLMAO:
It is such a great Country to travel in:thumb::thumb:
Nigel

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14
I worked in India and Bangladesh for several months and would not consider driving in either of those two countries ever. I always had a driver in India and once in Bangladesh I had to drive when my driver was taken ill. I was almost lynched when I touched a rickshaw in downtown Dacca. The cinema opened and I estimated that at least one thousand people suddenly started crossing he main road around me. My driver told me to cross over to the wrong carriageway and put my foot down or die.
Never again. John

zaphod

Free Member
Nov 24, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
2 years
I did a coach tour of North West India around 15 years ago now. It was great fun. When I got home, I actually missed the constant sound of horns.

Must go back, one day. An amazing country.

DBSilverfox

Free Member
May 13, 2010
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
Since May 2010
Great country, but I have to agree with the consensus - after a week in Chennai earlier this year on business I would never even consider driving over there.

6 lanes of traffic weaving in and out of each other on a two lane carriageway, pedestrians, cows, and families on motorcycles. Not a chance!

The motorcycles reference was only for the families, I didn't see cows on motorcycles - :winky: though you do see a lot of them on rubbish heaps scavenging amongst the plastic bottles!

david

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back