Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (1 Viewer)

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I'm also kinda fed up being single so I'm gonna try joining a few dating sites when im back see if I can find myself a young fellow explorer .... not holding my breath on that one.

Good to hear you are almost home and sounding very positive for the future. Dating sites can be fun but I wouldn't advise saying too early on about Toby, you might attract folk thinking you've got money. :xrofl: :xrofl:

And im gonna see if I can get myself a month to month gym plan as none of my winter or everyday clothes fit ? I've not weighed myself so I dont know exactly what weight ive put on but its definitely more than a Jean size

Since I first met you at the Fife rally then recently in Spain I'd have to say you look like you've put on about 2 stones, :xshout: I've put on a lot as well and it is winter now after all. Diet starts after Xmas LOL.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
Well I stayed last night at berwick ....just a couple of hours till home now , looking forward to seeing my mum etc ....but I dunno apart from that I'm not sure how I feel about it....in truth it doesn't feel like home to me anymore .....in fact I'm not sure where I belong and that's a little daunting ?.

It's the way of life Tam, in my view you are either a 'home bird', leave school, get a job, stick around get married, raise a family. Become one of " the good old boys" down the local . Nothing wrong with that,I hasten to add- but we are not all cut out for that- so you take "the road less traveled by"...... Strike out on your own, be a bit different. It has it's rewards, lots of them but as you are finding it has it's draw backs too.
I guess for all of us life is a compromise, a bit like which Moho you choose.
Lots of folk seem to find their partners on dating sites these days - lucky them, but a lot of us are not so lucky.
So as well as dating sites why not try a few "common interest" clubs/classes.
There are at least a couple for solo Moho owners- "wide horizons" is one of them. They have groups all over the country and year round meets, in the winter the various groups meet regularly for lunch at different venues.
I took out membership briefly but left the UK before attending any of their meets
I believe there is also one that has"phoenix" in their title. I'm sure you could find them with a quick Google search.
Another activity and meeting point could be a language class- Portuguese or Spanish?
What ever you do, I wish you luck Tam, the days will soon pass, keep busy, keep in touch on here and hopefully we'll soon see you back in the sunshine again. :giggle: (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
Hi Tam, thank you for this thread I have enjoyed reading and seeing all the photos of your travels (except for the video of where you got stuck at the tunnel and had to reverse, can’t remember where it was, it was so high up it terrified me). Anyway enjoy your time with your Mum and opening all your parcels have a lovely Christmas and I look forward to Tam & Toby 3.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I'm also kinda fed up being single so I'm gonna try joining a few dating sites when im back see if I can find myself a young fellow explorer .... not holding my breath on that one.
And im gonna see if I can get myself a month to month gym plan
Kill two birds with one stone.
Try some dancing lessons, Jive or Lindy Hop, Lindy Hop is more enejectic. You will get fit and meet loads of single women.
I am being serious give it a try, we know quite a few people who have paired up through dancing.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Well I stayed last night at berwick ....just a couple of hours till home now , looking forward to seeing my mum etc ....but I dunno apart from that I'm not sure how I feel about it....in truth it doesn't feel like home to me anymore .....in fact I'm not sure where I belong and that's a little daunting ?. In the last 11 months while I've been away I've hardly heard from anyone back home , friends have drifted off etc

Home is where you park it and there has been loads of friends with you and following you on here, you have good friends here that will be there for you (and have) when you need them....

Having met you I consider myself to be one...?

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
20191205_124429.jpg
20191205_114318.jpg
20191205_124316.jpg

Still waiting on about 10 items lol

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I wonder how long it will take you and the pups to totally disrupt Mum's orderly home and lifestyle!
Enjoy at least a little rest and relaxation time with your Mum,Tam. Remember worrying about work or the future achieves absolutely nothing except making yourself miserable!
Be happy and be good to your Mum. :LOL: (y)

May 17, 2016
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
What did it feel like to pass the “Welcome to Scotland sign”? It always makes me feel really contented like a warm blanket wrapping itself around you on a cold day. Would never regard myself as sentimental but that sign does it every time.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What did it feel like to pass the “Welcome to Scotland sign”? It always makes me feel really contented like a warm blanket wrapping itself around you on a cold day. Would never regard myself as sentimental but that sign does it every time.
Hmm truthfully I gave a big sigh lol ,months of cold wet crappy weather

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Screenshot 2019-12-05 at 17.21.25.png

Looks like your mum is pleased to see you. THANKYOU for all the time and effort you put into letting us all share your journey with you. You know where some of us funster will be at New Year so feel free to join us if your doing nowt.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
What,... over the cupboard door.....?
Wasnt a cupboard it was a mahogany 15 pane door lol ...but still never been noticed or mentioned thankfully

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Had my first fish supper I've had since last Christmas....was good ....my mum never ate most of hers so jade and milo have been well and truly spoiled today .

Chip shop looking for drivers so I may have a night or two delivery driving already ...will see.

Gotta give toby and the car a wash tommorow they are both absolutely filthy

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back