Lovey free parking area at Mil Palmeras. (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
We are currently spending the winter in an apartment in Torre de la Horadada. Yesterday we took a stroll along the front to Mil Palmeras and spotted about a dozen motorhomes parked up in a large car park by the beach. Glynn got chatting to a Hymer owner who said the police were happy to allow them to stay as it was low season. As there is a petrol station only a few miles away with dumping facilities they said they just drove there every few days as needed. It’s a lovely spot with a great sea view so definitely good for at least an overnight stopover, I just hope no-one abuses it by being lazy and dumping their waste there.

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
We are currently spending the winter in an apartment in Torre de la Horadada. Yesterday we took a stroll along the front to Mil Palmeras and spotted about a dozen motorhomes parked up in a large car park by the beach. Glynn got chatting to a Hymer owner who said the police were happy to allow them to stay as it was low season. As there is a petrol station only a few miles away with dumping facilities they said they just drove there every few days as needed. It’s a lovely spot with a great sea view so definitely good for at least an overnight stopover, I just hope no-one abuses it by being lazy and dumping their waste there.

Is this the spot?

Annotation 2019-11-25 023030.png

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
I think that might be it, it looks much more developed there now with lots of new buildings and a lovely multi coloured brick promenade so I think it’s the parking area to the left of your picture.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
That is the spot. It is the same location as the swim event I did last week.

It was very noticeable that some idiots had been emptying their toilet waste down the storm drain in the middle of the two carparks. I suspect the drain empties into the sea, right where the swimmers meet every weekend! :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Eeeeew, that’s gross!! People can be so lazy and selfish!!
That is the spot. It is the same location as the swim event I did last week.

It was very noticeable that some idiots had been emptying their toilet waste down the storm drain in the middle of the two carparks. I suspect the drain empties into the sea, right where the swimmers meet every weekend! :mad:

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
No doubt someone will put it up on Campercontact or Park4Night shortly, it'll get "oversubscribed" and the authorities will close it down - all because one or two can't behave responsibly.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back