Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (4 Viewers)

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Well I've finally arrived at psv glass ....should have taken just over 2 hours but roadworks and traffic Jams.

You realise just how shit our roads are when you've been months abroad

11 months , 12000 miles , 8 countries and I think I was in one traffic jam for about 20 minutes

4 days back In the uk I've been in traffic jams on the m20 , m25 , a27, a3, m4, m5, m6 and m42 ......for hours

Loads of roadworks and cones and no one actually doing anything

kip

Free Member
Apr 26, 2015
Bulphan
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well I've finally arrived at psv glass ....should have taken just over 2 hours but roadworks and traffic Jams.

11 months , 12000 miles , 8 countries and I think I was in one traffic jam for about 20 minutes

4 days back In the uk I've been in traffic jams on the m20 , m25 , a27, a3, m4, m5, m6 and m42 ......for hours

Welcome home tam !!:xdoh:

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously

Welcome home Tam:xgrin:
I used to think it was more logical to do long journeys to see the family in Ayrshire by driving overnight, in fact we drove overnight last April took the old route M1/A1 to scotch Corner, then A66 to Penrith, up the M6/M74 then cut left to Troon...job done, no stress, no traffic delays, lovely!

BUT nowadays I have to check the traffic apps before leaving, if I am very lucky, I may get an indication of what sections, if any, of the main routes are closed overnight for roadworks, with sometimes long diversions in place:(
So these days it would seem what ever time or route you plan to take, you may be screwed with delays & diversions anyhow.
I know I shouldn't moan if they are resurfacing, as thats all great stuff, but as you say, sometimes you can drive for miles & miles with coned off lanes, and no one working, even during the day.
Safe travels
TIP: Cheap fuel at Asda 24 hours, just off M6 at Jnc 44 North Carlisle, if you go up that way(y)
LES

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Gcs

Feb 18, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
5 years

Welcome back!
we did 4 1/2 months in Euro land, 6000 miles and not once did we get stuck in a traffic jam. Get off the ferry in Poole and it took 20 minutes to get 200 yards out of the Port due to traffic.

It‘s crap

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
By eck its bloody cold

Van and Car covered in ice and Frost this morning brrrrrrr I'm glad I put the silver screen on

I sleep under a quilt tam! Never thought of wearing that!! Good idea! X

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Just curious, did you have condensation on the inside of the window this morning ?
Nope not a drop and still dont as its still on lol.
I'm collecting my internal ones today from keighley in Yorkshire...so double insulation when I'm parked up for the next couple of months
20191202_081735.jpg

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Tam, why are you getting internal screens when the external do a good job and if it’s really cold you can use the screens that are already on the van?
When needed we draw the concertina screens as well as using the Silver screens outside, they do make a difference!
I cannot see the advantage of internal ones, just more to carry!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Tam, why are you getting internal screens when the external do a good job and if it’s really cold you can use the screens that are already on the van?
When needed we draw the concertina screens as well as using the Silver screens outside, they do make a difference!
Well for 2 reasons really
1) I had agreed to buy them before I found the external ones so I want to honour my word and the person keeping hold for me.

And
2) if on occasion I'm parked somewhere I'm not a 100% sure of I'll use the internal ones instead so if I have to move in the middle of the night I dont have to go out

The outside one is so light it makes little difference and I've plenty storage space

While parked up for the next couple of months I'll fit both sets and it will be doubly insulated

For £40 quid for proper tailor made ones it's worth having them
Screenshot_20191128-000952_Facebook.jpg

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Its much better up here today Tam, no frost this morning. You'll be glad you weren't up the road yesterday, was -7c early on.

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Looking at your photo of external screens, I noticed you have the timber cabinet thingy on your near side. Is that in addition to the off side one with the electroblok in ?
Or maybe aftermarket addition ?
Just being nosey.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
We have internal and external when it is very cold . Not much weight and makes a huge difference

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Dogs don't really feel the cold like us but they do enjoy being spoilt..Never bothered my old mongrel spending a night in the snow or frost when he found a bitch on heat..BUSBY?
Lol so why does milo start shivering and both of them huddled in little balls as close to me as they can

They obviously notice a difference in temperature, yeah they have fur but not outdoor animals

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Lol so why does milo start shivering and both of them huddled in little balls as close to me as they can

They obviously notice a difference in temperature, yeah they have fur but not outdoor animals
Don't know,,my Jack Russel used to do that indoors but if I got her lead out she would happily walk outside in snowy and icy weather without shivering at all,,she would even swim in the canal when it was freezing..Fox's have no bother in the coldest of weather..Think dogs do the shivering to get spoilt..BUSBY??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back