LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
King’s latest, The Institute begins with Tim, an all-American hero loner ex-cop with depth, thoughtfulness and a quick intelligence that sets him apart. He’s lost his job thanks to a freak occurrence, which turns out to be one of the major themes: is an event the result of pure chance, or is it somehow destined? The bulk of the story, however, takes place in the dirty, grey, sinister Institute itself, and from the perspective of 12-year-old Luke Ellis. It is a good story, well told in King’s usual style. I felt there was possibly too much (padding?) in the first part about Tim, but the two characters came together well.

OP
OP
Mr Chrysalis

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
I always enjoy a S. King story but often find the ending weaker than the main theme.
This new one has an ending. sometimes they just sort of stop. I think that your imagination could take over after the ending provided though

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Some of his books have done my head in. He is a fantastic author but I do wonder what sort of mind creates some of his story lines.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
This new one has an ending. sometimes they just sort of stop. I think that your imagination could take over after the ending provided though

To me that is the sign of a good book or TV drama... When I go to bed and find myself working out what happens next, or what if.....

Thanks for letting us know about this book, Chris.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
He's normally a very good read. My favourite films, Shawshank and The Green Mile are his work too. It's not all horror or supernatural, he writes a good police procedural, I really enjoyed the "Mr Mercedes" books.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Some of his books have done my head in. He is a fantastic author but I do wonder what sort of mind creates some of his story lines.
I've read a handful but the one that's stuck in my mind was The Cell when a malicious call/virus was made globally to all cell phones & those who answered basically became zombies. ?

Endings can be frustrating though as already said.

Nov 11, 2013
Tewkesbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL 668
Exp
March 2014
I absolutely loved 11/22/63, his book about a time traveller who goes back in time to try to stop the assassination of Kennedy. I really couldn’t put it down till I’d finished it.

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
I absolutely loved 11/22/63, his book about a time traveller who goes back in time to try to stop the assassination of Kennedy. I really couldn’t put it down till I’d finished it.
Wow, just read the wiki page for that one too.... not sure I'd be able to all of those story threads in my head without getting tangled up?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back