Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Guys, How does one keep these meese out of the van I store my m/home in a secure compound which is basically on the edge of a field and twice now I have found chewed sponge and lots of mice turds all over the carpets!!!!!!!!!!!! , if my better half finds out that will be the end of our motorhoming. Any Ideas :Angry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Make sure you keep your mh spotless. Tape up all of the vents and anywhere that the varmints can crawl in. They will get through the smallest of gaps, lay traps down.
Jim
:Smile:

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sprinkle mothballs everywhere ... they smell but you can soon get rid of the smell in Spring when you open windows and doors before going off.

Someone also said put tumble drier sheets everywhere. I don't know if it works, but I didn't have any mice last year and I put humane mouse traps out and checked them every day. There wern't any in them so maybe said idea DOES work. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Scotties

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2006
Meeces ...

My neighbours Merc had strange electric faults that took 3 months of investigations by main dealer. The mice had eaten the wiring loom under the dash.

Not a problem their computer systems had in the list of faults.:Doh:

I keep one of the electronic things plugged in when on h/u. Used to have mice in garage but they seem to keep them out.:thumb:

Regards Richard

Upvote 0

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Some say moth balls work, place them anywhere you think they are getting in,

I just keep a two baited traps (peanut butter) and get em as they come in, but not had any in for two years. Thought they would come in last year with the hard winter, been lucky. I wouldn't put poison down, they might die in the van, if there is enough of them they will stink.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Fieldmice get through holes the size of a (thin) pencil. Sweet, used to run along the draining board, climb up and sit on the mixer tap washing their whiskers. In my kitchen at home with me right there!!!!!

As soon as we released em from the humane mousetraps I had scoured Coventry to obtain, the little b's came back. As said bung up everything you can possibly bung up, also invest in several 'Little Nippers' (sorry Joy) and a bag of chocolate buttons, they defo like them round here! I didn't like it - but enough is enough. And we did find the hole so have been fine since - so far!

Can't keep em out the garage though so that is always booby trapped for the little darlings.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back