Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've been asked loads of times if I could make a home page as we had in 2007 that spit into three sections. I can't change our real home page but I can give you a page to store in your browser. So how was it in 2007?

Well, the page was broken into three sections. At the top were rallies, the middle and largest section was all on topic motorhome related posts and at the bottom, out of the way, were the off-topic posts.

So here it is, as it was. If you like it, you'll need to bookmark it (y) . Thanks.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
I use to like the Old Style Forum layout as I don’t like change, it took awhile but now I’m use to the Forum as it is and I for one won’t go back to how it use to be. :)

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't panic, Nothing is changing. I now have a page I can direct people to if they don't like the off-topic mixed up with the Motorhome stuff (y)

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
the trouble with choice is it brings up that awkward little point of having to make a decision something we British have been found sadly lacking in :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
the trouble with choice is it brings up that awkward little point of having to make a decision something we British have been found sadly lacking in :ROFLMAO:

I know that so well, especially with us older folk. , so many of the improvements I've made here have been met with severe criticism, then if you change it back three weeks later the same people will moan :D

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
Don't panic, Nothing is changing. I now have a page I can direct people to if they don't like the off-topic mixed up with the Motorhome stuff (y)
I like the sound of that Jim. However, they often feature in the same thread. Particularly political views.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I know that so well, especially with us older folk. , so many of the improvements I've made here have been met with severe criticism, then if you change it back three weeks later the same people will moan :D
I plead guilty M'Lord

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Why we are talking about the form any chance Jim you could look at some of the bugs on the mobile site, it's driving me nuts.

Using Android 7, when posting or editing a post, click within the text you have typed and the page flys about all over the place, you look at what you are typing and the display has gone to either the top of the page or somewhere in between so you haven't clue if you are typing in the right place.

Another problem when doing a search half of the text boxes disappear behind the virtual keyboard and it's 50/50 if it will let you scroll to them.

Not just me, speaking to other Funsters they have the same problems.

EDIT:
Another one constantly getting an error pop up "oops something has gone wrong please go back" or "you need to enable cookies" a refresh cures it but it's still a pain.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back