into the unknown! Fleurette motor homes? (1 Viewer)

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
2020( great time to start!)
does anybody own or know anything about fleurette motor homes build quality as we have found the perfect layout but know zero about the make?

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Snap we found a beauty at the Nec very different great layout. Ticked a lot of boxes thought price was a bit ott.
Price didn't really matter can't afford one tbh but it's nice to look

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fleurette

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
A Class Frankia I640 SD
Exp
I owned a 73LJ from new in 2008, first saw them in Duesseldorf at the show and fell in love with the design and build quality.
Replaced it in 2017 for our present Frankia but did love the layout of the Fleurette.

OP
OP
steve the chip

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
Thanks for responses

Any issues whilst owning your model would you consider another one?

The brochure is a little vague on details regarding construction, it seems to have timber structure in floor , I wondered if that is normal?

OP
OP
steve the chip

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
Thanks for the responses

Any issues whilst owning your model, would you consider another one?

The brochure is a little vague on details regarding construction. it seems to have timber structure in floor. i wondered if that is normal?

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Although part of the Rapido Group , this company I think started life as furniture or Cabinet makers , is the Frame made of wood ? I love their design , but , can't justify buying one at present

Aug 14, 2017
Princes Risborough
Funster No
MH
Fleurette
Exp
18 months
We have had a Magister LD70 for two years bought from new in 2017. We bought from Webbs in Reading with a good discount which made it a good buy in our opinion. The build quality and layout of the interior is excellent. Our table does not have the hinged flip-over option which I have seen in the brochures and consequently can be a bit of an obstruction when in place. I have upgraded the stereo system, installed extra power points, installed a solar panel and tv aerial. We had two warranty issues which we reported in May but didn't get fixed until this month down in Hayling Island. We are totally happy with the van and have no intention to replace it for the foreseeable future. If you get for a good price then highly recommend it.

OP
OP
steve the chip

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
Once again thanks for any info on our french choice.
We are currently lugging a twin axle caravan but as retirement is immanent, and very welcome i might add, we shall be climbing aboard our first motor home hopefully by summertime. Cant wait for both to happen!!!.

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Fleurette are made at a factory near Niort, France. Friends had one and were very pleased with it.

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have owned a fluerette now since December 2018, 16 plate ex hire and we love it. Been to the lakes in the snow, St Anton for 2 weeks skiing, various weekends and many day trips to the new forest with the bikes. Coped really well when I went away for a weekend with my girlfriends - 3 of which are 6 foot. Really comfortable van, good features with lots of storage. Nice sized garage. The only downside we have really found but we knew that when we bought it- the seat depth is not that generous if you are 6 foot but my partner can still lounge in the captains chair or stretch out on the L shaped seats. Can’t get absolutely everything you want but this definitely was a good purchase.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Be carefuul. I've seen some of their models with less than 300kg Payload. An average couple will need 395kg

We had payload problems with a 3500 kg Rapido overloaded front axle due to I think the 3 litre Merc engine weight, in fact my 8.5 stone weight wife would have had to sit in the back to make the motorhome legal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
steve the chip

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
Just an update on the question of fleurette/florium do we or don’t we?
well we did yesterday at the NEC ! ( squeaky bum time putting pen to paper!)
we are now using the caravan until September when we get our grubby little hands on the Florium mayflower 69lo end bathroom drop down ( gorgeous) bed!
now I have to put off retirement for a few months to put some cash back into the Tommy tank!
The thing is we only went for a look and a coffee!
Apparently fleurette started off as boat builders so if we are ever caught in a flood I’m confident we could simply row to safety!

Sep 19, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Welcome to the Fleurette owners world. I hope you enjoy yours as much as we do ours. We had a sneaky look while there on Sunday and they still look just as good so to me that says they are keeping up the standards.

Capn zlog

Free Member
Jun 24, 2020
Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Nyroca
Exp
Since 2014 previously with a Conway since 2000
does anybody own or know anything about fleurette motor homes build quality as we have found the perfect layout but know zero about the make?
Had one for 8 years. Perfect for our needs especially on the continent.

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Friends here in France had one for several years and were very happy with it, only changed it because they wanted an island bed. We are quite near the factory where they are made, the friends took theirs in once for some reason and were very satisfied with the service too.

OP
OP
steve the chip

steve the chip

Free Member
Nov 17, 2019
West midlands
Funster No
MH
FloriumMayflower69LO
Exp
Thanks for continuing this little chat, we are really happy with our choice.
our model (69LO) has now been ‘updated’ but it is now shorter in length without so much wow factor inside, I think we bought at the right time as ours is the better model, can’t wait to get out there again!

Mar 26, 2014
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1973
quite a few videos on you tube

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun