Rally Dorset Coastal Campsite Meet At Highlands End & Jurassic Fields Festival 9 - 13 July 2020 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
For anyone that likes the look of this meet - you might also like this one https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...ks-beaches-monkeys-tanks.205630/#post-3520610 but don't leave it too long to book as the discounted rate is only until the end of December. Walking on this beach (Studland) is on our wish list :) :

1573992964081.png

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Just paid deposit and booked festival ticket my second rally booked , first was great at Pembrey booking so far in advance is a new experience so it putting in the diary

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Just paid deposit and booked festival ticket my second rally booked , first was great at Pembrey booking so far in advance is a new experience so it putting in the diary
Hi - love Pembrey & hope you like this meet - each one can be quite different but all should be welcoming & friendly :) Some missed out on this one last year as the campsite gets fully booked so good to get in early. Lots of Fun meets & rallies do fill up quickly even this early.
Have added you to the list on the first post - if you would like your first name/names added &/or pitch type then just let me know but not essential.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
confirmation has arrived arriving on the 9th grass pitch

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi - love Pembrey & hope you like this meet - each one can be quite different but all should be welcoming & friendly :) Some missed out on this one last year as the campsite gets fully booked so good to get in early. Lots of Fun meets & rallies do fill up quickly even this early.
Have added you to the list on the first post - if you would like your first name/names added &/or pitch type then just let me know but not essential.
Still looking forward to this..... (y)

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Wow! Just had a count up & there are at least 33 Funster pitches booked now :hi5: - last year the campsite was full by the time we got to 47 so if anyone is planning to join us but waiting to book would suggest booking soon to avoid any disappointment as know some missed out last year. It's not just a popular campsite but a popular time of the year too with many German & Dutch staying & lots rebook each year.
If we've missed anyone or any of your details off the list on the first post then please let us know :active:

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Sep 7, 2018
Buntingford
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Platinum
Exp
Since 2019
Thank you for your reply. I have now booked both sites for the 2020 rallies.
look forward to seeing you there!

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I enjoyed Highlands End last year but met hardly any funsters, which was a shame, as we were so scattered. I also had a bloody awful journey there took me nearly 6 hours to get there because of traffic jams caused by another music festival on the way. I might say no this year - it's an expensive site too. Love the Bridport area but have friends there where I can stay instead.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We have at least 36 Funster pitches booked now! :hi5:
If we have missed anyone off the list on the first post on this thread or you want any details (names or pitch area) added then please let us know.
There has recently been a post going out to the 27000 WDLH (parent company of Highlands End) Facebook followers suggesting booking for Jurassic Fields weekend so if anyone else wants to join us please book soon.
scottie Lucky one catspyjamas Rockcrawler :hi: - just in case you are still interested in this Meet please see above.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Us Wombles are off for some winter sun shortly :sun:We will keep an eye on this thread in case of any urgent enquiries or messages but will catch up fully on our return. Please keep posting - we are looking forward to seeing everyone who has booked so far :hi5: & hope that a few more will join us too on this friendly Meet.

For those new to Meets (booking direct with campsite) & Rallies (booking via Rally Marshal) this should be a gentle introduction to fellow Funsters which we hope may encourage you to go along to a few more.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Back home & catching up :active: - it's great to see a few more joining us :hi5: - that's 40 Funster pitches now!
Last year we had 47 pitches :party2: but then the campsite was full (with other bookings constantly coming in as well) so if anyone else wants to come along then please don't leave it too soon to book.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
just booked and paid, waiting for confirmation.

who's (if any) going to the festival?

Phil & Andrea
Good to hear that (y) Most do try the Festival & a group of us are big fans but some just enjoy the campsite, local area & company each year.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Must admit to being unsure about the music festival. Looking at last years line up there isn't a single act that I've ever heard of. I have no idea what genre of music is played.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Must admit to being unsure about the music festival. Looking at last years line up there isn't a single act that I've ever heard of. I have no idea what genre of music is played.
There are 2 or at times 3 stages with different acts so very varied & great value for the line up many of whom play the larger expensive festivals including Glastonbury.
For anyone who hasn't tried a festival before the Saturday night at Jurassic Fields gives an idea of what the atmosphere is like. Dreadzone & Tankus The Henge are two such acts from last year but like most other festivals this years full line up won't be announced until nearer the time. Arcadia Roots was a Funster favourite band last year. We like that it has good security so family friendly & mostly locals so not too busy but it is growing each year. Being near the town it is easy to pop in & out during the day especially. Profits also go to local good causes too (y)

Feb 15, 2016
Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since April 2016
We've booked a gravel pitch for the 4 nights, looking forward to it and intend to go to the festival on the Saturday.
John and Sharon

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back