Air fryer (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
I have just bought an air fryer for home and it is so good I'm thinking of using it in the MH, mine has the air fryer and the roast option and cooks a complete chicken roasted in an hr lovely and brown, chips in 10.mins lovely and crispy. Just wondered if anyone else uses one in the MH instead of the gas oven I was thinking I could even use it plugged in in the garage

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
We use our air fryer in the van quite often (when we have EHU) and find it very useful.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Yes, we took ours to Spain this year and it proved to be excellent.

Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Just before logging on this evening by coincidence l’ve just spent the past hour or so looking around and reading the reviews on Amazon and Robert Dyers etc to buy an air fryer for my elderly neighbour and good friend who lives alone for his 90th birthday present who still cooks all of his own food. We love our Phillips Air Fryer (basic model) but unable to fit into the MH kitchen cabinets due to the size.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
Very handy piece of kit but don't buy the Tower make.
On our second as the plastic bit that stops the tray coming out broke. Changed after 4 weeks of use by Argos. Replacement has gone the same after 3 months but I can't find the receipt to change it again. Still works okay just got to be careful taking out the hot tray.

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
I have just bought an air fryer for home and it is so good I'm thinking of using it in the MH, mine has the air fryer and the roast option and cooks a complete chicken roasted in an hr lovely and brown, chips in 10.mins lovely and crispy. Just wondered if anyone else uses one in the MH instead of the gas oven I was thinking I could even use it plugged in in the garage
Which one did you get?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
We have a Philips air fryer it's used almost every day by someone in the family. Got the kids away from pan fried chips. ?
I have seen some small 800w versions that could be an option for motorhome due to space and low power. Ideal as well for single person or a couple.

In fact it's on now. Doing me some battered fish ready to go in-between some crusty bread. Tom sauce as well of course. ?

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We use our one, at home, nearly every day and and it is wonderful to eat so much dry, no fat or oil, food. Hil will not allow me to have any gadgets in the RV or caravan as she does not intend doing any cooking while on holiday. She manages to pour cereal and has been known to do toast!!

Deleted User
Why is that then I have used it loads does what it says on the tin

The word 'fryer' in the name, the ones that I have had experience of do not produce anything like what I would call fried.

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
You bought the wrong one then, mine is superb crispy chips jacket spuds, roast spuds, roast veg etc

I did this on the oven setting in about 45 minutes

Screenshot_20191116-193811_Gallery.jpg

Deleted User
That's correct as it was done on the oven setting not the airfry setting ?

I have an oven that roasts things, I have a frying pan that fries things, don't need an 'air fryer' that pretends to fry things :)

Reactions: JJ
Aug 2, 2017
South Kent Coast.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2004
Very handy piece of kit but don't buy the Tower make.
On our second as the plastic bit that stops the tray coming out broke. Changed after 4 weeks of use by Argos. Replacement has gone the same after 3 months but I can't find the receipt to change it again. Still works okay just got to be careful taking out the hot tray.
Thanks for posting. They had the Tower make on show in Tesco's when we called in for some shopping the other day and lifted out the pan and looking inside was not impressed.

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Don’t think I’d want to use a chip fryer in the van. You can use a tiny amount of oil in the air fryer and produce excellent chips. And our van doesn’t have an oven, so it also works for us as a good small fan oven.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Lanerboy
Please tell me you have got a Remoska Oven?
Loads of us have them in our MH,s and many have two and use the bigger ones at home.
I do whole roast chickens, jacket potatoes, roast potatoes, roasted veg, the list is massive.
It runs on 400 watts so can be used with an inverter, or even better on hook up.
I did last years full xmas dinner (for 2) in the van at Baltic Wharf last year, using the Remoska Oven, a hob top steamer also, plus the van oven to warm the plates up as thats all its good for.
The Remoska is small enough to go in a cupboard under the oven, but we tend to store it in the Garage as I use the garage socket sometimes to keep cooking smells out there, and free up some inside worktop space.
Happy travels
Les
Heres a picture of the main course in the van last xmass, the gravy was on the side, along with the gammon joint which hadnt been carved....well I cant do everything at once!

Attachments

• IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
TinaL never thought of putting the remoska in the garage to cook stuff, great idea, at lest it would be if someone didn't have the garage full of c**p, oops sorry very useful things.

Deleted User
Don’t think I’d want to use a chip fryer in the van. You can use a tiny amount of oil in the air fryer and produce excellent chips. And our van doesn’t have an oven, so it also works for us as a good small fan oven.

I can see that because that is basically what they are. We have an oven, on the few occasions that I am allowed chips we have oven chips which whilst not being proper chips are acceptable, not had a chip pan or deep fat fryer for more years than I can remember :)

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
TinaL
I did this roast dinner in the air fryer last week on the roast setting, roasted chicken thighs, potatoes and veg did the peas in a pan, I think it's similar to your remoska but it does use more power obviously fine on hook up not tried it on inverter yet

Screenshot_20191116-210733_WhatsApp.jpg

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Why not?

Join us or log in to post a reply.