is your mot due ? (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
As many will know, the police can tell if you are insured and taxed using DVLA's databases.

they can now tell if you are MOT'd in the same way as well.

you can now get an official reminder that your mot is due 14 days before the due date.

no more overlooked MOTs

The police now have computers in their cars which can tell them instantly if your insurance, tax and now MOT is out of date.

Your insurance company will inform you when your renewal is due and the DVLA will inform you when your Road Tax is Due and now WE will inform you when your MOT is due. Simply
CLICK HERE and fill in the online form and we will email you 14 days before your next MOT is due.

Link Removed

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
It's brilliant Pappajohn... in a dodgy van like mine I was always being pulled up... but now a quick button push and they know I am legit...:thumb:

JJ

"Dodgy van JJ" :winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Chris says, thats not what you told her?? Mmmm

Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Chris says, this is more like the image she was given

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
As many will know, the police can tell if you are insured and taxed using DVLA's databases.

they can now tell if you are MOT'd in the same way as well.

you can now get an official reminder that your mot is due 14 days before the due date.

no more overlooked MOTs

The police now have computers in their cars which can tell them instantly if your insurance, tax and now MOT is out of date.

Your insurance company will inform you when your renewal is due and the DVLA will inform you when your Road Tax is Due and now WE will inform you when your MOT is due. Simply CLICK HERE and fill in the online form and we will email you 14 days before your next MOT is due.

Link Removed

The insurance database can be two weeks out of date. Even if you renew before the renewal date and your tax and insurance fall together you still have to produce paper to the post office you cannot renew online.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Chris says, this is more like the image she was given
.......Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Attachments

• JJWagon2.doc
    43 KB · Views: 35
  • JJWagon.doc
    30.5 KB · Views: 18

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Surely it would be no different from setting your own computer to remind you when the MOT was due but without sending your data to some unknown source. :Doh:

Wyn

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Surely it would be no different from setting your own computer to remind you when the MOT was due but without sending your data to some unknown source. :Doh:

Wyn

Exactly, dot think this site is the DVLA more a MOT marketing site.

JJ beast is known worldwide as a high tech vehicle similar to James Bonds Aston Martin:coolthumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Wyn
MoT UK is as far as I know a comercial company
I would not be suprised to see your data up for sale to local mot stations around the country
The mot testing guide on their site is out of date :RollEyes::Doh:
Geo

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
I keep all my reminders on my phone and computer, having said that I have three MOT's due in November and Four due in December :shout::shout::shout:

All the best Rick.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
MoT UK is as far as I know a comercial company
I would not be suprised to see your data up for sale to local mot stations around the country
The mot testing guide on their site is out of date :RollEyes::Doh:
Geo

thanks for the heads up Geo.....the link came from VOSA website.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The insurance database can be two weeks out of date. Even if you renew before the renewal date and your tax and insurance fall together you still have to produce paper to the post office you cannot renew online.

the insurance database is completely reliant on the insurance companies submitting the info......hence the delay in appearing.
they may only submit data once a week/fortnight/month and your vehicle may not even be named but under a block submission.
this doesnt really matter as a police check will still show insurance is in place.

MOT and tax is automatically transfered to DVLA's database.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
The registered details for the site are:

Registrant:
Ainsdale Leisure
1-2 Promenade
Ainsdale, Southport PR8 2QB
UK

Domain name: UKMOT.COM

Administrative Contact:
Barton, TC t.barton@btinternet.com
1-2 Promenade
Ainsdale, Southport PR8 2QB
UK
44 151 353 8393
Technical Contact:
Hostmaster, The support@netscanuk.com
The Stables
Five Oaks
Dunstan Lane
Burton, Cheshire CH64 8TL
UK
+44.1513538393 Fax: +44.1513368966

I fail to see why they would need your registration and postcode to send you a reminder when you are actually entering the MOT due date yourself.

Surely all they need is a date and an email address to send the reminder to.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Exactly. Just get your own computer to tell you it's due. Why tell them when it's due so that they can remind you?

Wyn

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
thanks for the heads up Geo.....the link came from VOSA website.
Vosa like Fun sells off advertising space to businesses, its also sold off my garage / business details to all and sundry

steveclecy

Free Member
Jun 10, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since June 2009
the insurance database is completely reliant on the insurance companies submitting the info......hence the delay in appearing.
they may only submit data once a week/fortnight/month and your vehicle may not even be named but under a block submission.
this doesnt really matter as a police check will still show insurance is in place.

MOT and tax is automatically transfered to DVLA's database.

The police check is actually completed via a link from the Police National Computer to the Motor Insurer Database, so whatever the Insurance Company submits will be updated overnight.

For your own piece of mind, I recommend using the Motor Insurer Database own website here which allows the owner/user/driver to check any vehicles they use to see if they are on that database. If you do use this and it warns you "You are not on the database today" get on to your insurance company pronto, because sure as eggs are eggs, that will be what the PNC link is showing as well, and one day your vehicle will "ping" on some Automatic Number Plate Recognition camera and you may end up trying to persuade the police that you are in fact insured.

If you are on that database as shown on the website Motorhomes have some strange descriptions at times!

Steve

Last edited:
OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
The police check is actually completed via a link from the Police National Computer to the Motor Insurer Database, so whatever the Insurance Company submits will be updated overnight.

For your own piece of mind, I recommend using the Motor Insurer Database own website herewhich allows the owner/user/driver to check any vehicles they use to see if they are on that database. If you do use this and it warns you "You are not on the database today" get on to your insurance company pronto, because sure as eggs are eggs, that will be what the PNC link is showing as well, and one day your vehicle will "ping" on some Automatic Number Plate Recognition camera and you may end up trying to persuade the police that you are in fact insured.

If you are on that database as shown on the website Motorhomes have some strange descriptions at times!

Steve

as i said Steve.....WHEN the insurance company submits !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back