Tam &Toby do Europe ...Take two (5 Viewers)

Jan 24, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Still learning 😊
I think this is the correct Tourust Info Office near you Tam.

• Office de Tourisme
    Place Paul-Emile Janson 1
    7500 Tournai
  • Tél. 00 32 69 22 20 45
  • E-mail : info@visittournai.be
Edit sorry too late with this. Really hope you get sorted and feel better soon.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So I've got some laxatives from pharmacy , I used to suffer bad with constipation for years till I changed my diet and anytime I got it bad after a few days I'd start throwing up like I've been doing.

I think that might be what's causing it now as I've not done any sit down loo since at least the weekend , I don't have a temperature apparently just cold sweats whenever I try to do anything....like walk to pharmacies lol

So I looked a mess when I got there

They were trying to give me stuff you squirt up your bum but don't like the sound of that so ive got syrup stuff instead ...hopefully its fast acting.

Will see how that works

I've taken the first dose which I hope is correct as I'm sure she said 3x15ml 3 x a day but seems an awful lot...
But I've taken the 3x15ml and off to lie down again as I'm knackered

I hope this works. If not I'll go back to pharmacy in morning and see a doctor

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
whatever the reason for the sickness tam, flu, food poisoning, whatever, please, please just keep your fluid intake up, and don't worry about the dogs, it'll not harm them to go a little hungry for a while if they have to..
is there anyone on the aire that you're at that can maybe help you? the majority of motorhomers should be able to help in a genuine emergency whatever their nationality, really hope you start feeling better soon now that you've found a pharmacy..

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ahhh Disgusting!!! If they were real real men they would wipes their Ar##s with sand (natures Izal paper equivalent) and bury it.:X3:
Sorry to hear you have the trots again Tam, hope you get what ever it is out and through you soon.
Good news is, you dont have to boil water, your in Belgium, home of great beers:cheers: so get some of them down you:D After all we did here at home in the Victorian days when the water was unsafe to drink, all they had was ale to live on.(y):)

Les
The trots on this occasion would be most welcome but it's the opposite ...only passing urine faster than I can drink

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
if you're peeing lots, then really important to keep drinking, you really don't want to be dehydrated..
and it'll make poohing harder in more ways than one without plenty of fluid inside you..

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
if you're peeing lots, then really important to keep drinking, you really don't want to be dehydrated..
and it'll make poohing harder in more ways than one without plenty of fluid inside you..
Yes I'm trying to keep up the fluids and drinking plenty water , tried coke and tea but just makes me feel sick so stuck with water with a horrible milky after taste ....have to keep brushing my teeth as everything tastes funny

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hey Tam
When you do get back over to the Uk I know you have some important people to see & places to go, but please dont stop in Yorkshire, as they are already flooded out in parts, by the sound of things your problem will only add to it:LOL:
Hope you feel better soon, I agree with others get some decent ale/stout down you, sod the water, fish swim in that!
Les
If you need more proof of that here it is:

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I suspect being a roughly toughtie type Scotsman you'll try to brave it out...
but seriously fella you could end up in hospital if you don't get medically checked over - and then where would Jade & Milo be if you were carted of in an ambulance?

If you're no better by tomorrow, get yourself to a doctor, spend a few shekels on a taxi.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
How are you feeling this morning?
Much better this morning .....not perfect but better , have been to the loo a few times at least , headache has gone and while stomach still a bit iffy it's better than I was , still a bit weak and still cold sweats but managed to eat some breakfast and have been out a walk with dogs. Its freezing out there.

So now I'm gonna head to lidl for some shopping and dog food and then probably move to mons

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Had a walk to historic centre this morning , nice town I'd imagine in summer or even over Christmas it's very pretty ....its a bit dull at the minute but nice cathedral and a few other nice buildings ...once again it's a shame cars Van's and lorries spoil the historic centres.
20191108_085916.jpg
20191108_090037.jpg
20191108_090140.jpg
20191108_090218.jpg
20191108_090405.jpg
20191108_090542.jpg
20191108_090746.jpg
20191108_090813.jpg
20191108_090929.jpg

Attachments

• 20191108_090746.jpg
    20191108_090746.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 3

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
thank goodness you're feeling somewhat better, you worried the life out of us there for a bit and that you've been out for a wander with jade and milo, fresh air helps a tad, and if i know dogs am sure they were concerned about you too..

looking at todays pics i thought what an enormous statue on top of that building, how on earth did they get that up there until i realised it was on a plinth in front, :unsure:, small screen and maybe a trip to specsavers for moi methinks..

take care you..

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad to hear you are feeling better Tam. I think we were all worried about you, not nice being ill but awful when on your own.
Yes I have to admit you do feel a bit helpless and isolated when travelling alone and you get ill.

I dont think it's over yet as I still feel rough ....but a little better than yesterday and wednesday.

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
So after picking up some shopping and an extra supply of dog food I headed to mons.

Only an hour or so drive but legs shaking all the way and still getting the sweats when I do anything more physical than breathing.

So 3rd time lucky I've found a parking spot on the outskirts of mons here
Screenshot_20191108-131708_park4night.jpg
Screenshot_20191108-131715_park4night.jpg

Once parked up I had a well needed shower and hair wash as been in bed fully clothed the last 3 days ,day and night I was in dire need, I'm glad the headache etc has gone and dont have stomach cramps but I've back pain ,chest pain and shaky legs now lol ...so I think I'm done driving for the day.

Had a spot of lunch and for a pleasant change the suns actually out now so im gonna have a wee nap I think and then a wee walk. Not going to attempt getting in to the town today as i dont want to regress

Think the back and chest pain is from heaving and lying curled up etc and not like heart chest pain
Still not sure what's caused this

Inside bottom lip is all covered in those little ulcers too which is stinging

Think I'm now just really run down ? but more alive than yesterday and for that I'm truly grateful ...

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I just wonder whether the dogs have picked up something which does not affect them but have passed it on to you, and being a gentle flower that you are, has taken grip of you.

I have no special knowledge, so it is a long shot, and you are pondering the cause too, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Geoff

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

once again it's a shame cars Van's and lorries spoil the historic centres.
They might be historic looking but nearly all in Belgium and Germany are 20th century reproductions. Still much nicer than what we got, post war concrete “modernism”!

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Glad to hear that you are on the mend.

They might be historic looking but nearly all in Belgium and Germany are 20th century reproductions. Still much nicer than what we got, post war concrete “modernism”!
Well it claims to be 12th century lol , but I have always wondered the same with france that most of it was levelled during ww2 so I'd be very surprised if these buildings had survived as easy targets.

But still they look pretty

OP
OP
Northernraider

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I just wonder whether the dogs have picked up something which does not affect them but have passed it on to you, and being a gentle flower that you are, has taken grip of you.

I have no special knowledge, so it is a long shot, and you are pondering the cause too, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Geoff
It's quite possible , I'm sure it was a bug of some sort but no idea what , I did at first think it was the start of a cold or flu but never did get any throat or nasal symptoms. .....Mind you I could still have that joy to come.

I think to be on the safe side I'm going to take 1 15ml spoon of the laxative stuff daily for the next 2 or 3 days

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
It's quite possible , I'm sure it was a bug of some sort but no idea what , I did at first think it was the start of a cold or flu but never did get any throat or nasal symptoms. .....Mind you I could still have that joy to come.

I think to be on the safe side I'm going to take 1 15ml spoon of the laxative stuff daily for the next 2 or 3 days
have you got enough cassettes :eek::eek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back