capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
There is a campsite (very basic) at Symonds Yat (where the boats go from and the canoe/boat hire is). This may or may not be open, but I have no contact details I am afraid.

Deleted User
Hi Funsters anyone know of a campsite -motorhome- near Symmonds Yat, open now, hopefully with electric.

Good site about 2km away towards colford. Run by forest holidays and camping & caravan club. I think they are open all year, very nice walk through the forest to symonds yat and good pub just up the road

spongy

Deleted User
Hi Funsters anyone know of a campsite -motorhome- near Symmonds Yat, open now, hopefully with electric.

Good site about 2km away towards colford. Run by forest holidays and camping & caravan club. I think they are open all year, very nice walk through the forest to symonds yat and good pub just up the road

spongy

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
Hi

We stayed a couple of nights on the Forest Holiday site

Bracelands/Christchurch Not the most poshest of sites nor the levelest but it has a pretty woodland walk to Symonds Yat ( about half hour) and plenty more good forest walks about £15 or 16 per night with hook up.

Alan and Lynda

0845 130 8224 for booking

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Stayed at Wye Valley a few times when canoeing at Symonds Yat.

Was camping rather than in a MH.

Site is reasonable and never had any problems there.

nannyjan

Free Member
Mar 22, 2010
Forest of Dean, Glos
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
New end of March 2010
Symonds Yat

Wonderful camp site called Whitemead at Parkend which is about 10minutes drive from Symonds Yat. They also have lovely chalet, indoor swimming Pool and right on edge of beautiful Forest. If you go there I hope you have a fantastic time and whilst in that area try and visit Mallards Pike on road from Parkend to Blakeney. Not to be missed. Safe travels and keep smiling ::bigsmile: Nannyjan

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
We stayed a couple of nights on the Forest Holiday site

Bracelands/Christchurch Not the most poshest of sites nor the levelest but it has a pretty woodland walk to Symonds Yat ( about half hour) and plenty more good forest walks about £15 or 16 per night with hook up.

Sorry if this is going off on a bit of a tangent, but having stayed at the Setthorns Forest Holiday site in the New Forest I thought it might also be worth mentioning that if you're self contained and don't need EHU or hard standing the prices typically drop to £8/£9. Add £1 for Fridays/Saturdays, and subtract £2 if you're solo (ta!)*. But you need to be a C&CC or Forest Holidays member otherwise +£3.50.

* - the FH website didn't apply the solo discount when I tried to book, so I ended up phoning the 0845 number on a mobile, which cancelled out some of the saving :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back