I Think We Have Just Been Where You Fiats Dare Not Tread (1 Viewer)

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
We have just done the Journey from Minehead over Porlock Hill down to Lynmouth and out again towards Barnstable
What a beautiful run that was on a sunny Autumn day

We are in our Autosleeper on a rear wheel drive Trannie and with the leaves on the road it skipped a wee bit I am fairly sure front wheel drive Fiats would not have made it, but who dares wins it was spectacular. I just wish there had been a suitable stopping place to take some pictures for you, especially as you mount the rise before Lynmouth which looks like an I want to go back situation but is not as bad as first appearances sugest.

Rising out of Lynmouth is somewhat steep with at least one hairpin bend on a one in four hill that I am fairly certain the Fiats would not have negotiated.

Just waiting for someone to say we did it in our Fiat as I am sure they will

Alan and Lynda ---- Still enjoying retirement

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
We had a rear blow out on the scooter on Lynmouth bank in September. Its flipping steep! about a mile up the road before you get to the steep bank there is a good pull in. We parked the van there and used the bike (well until it blew a tyre going back up)

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
My favourite part of the world which we are yet to do in the motorhome, especially Malmsmead, Oare and Badgeworthy Water. :Smile:

Is the woodcarving store still in Lynmouth? Forty years ago I promised to buy myself a full size figure of a trapper/hunter with a deer on his shoulder when I had enough cash, not bothered now

Think your right on Porlock Hill with a front wheel drive, we failed to climb a cobblestone road in the wet in Halifax on Wednesday, lucky I had somewhere to roll back and turn round! :Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Went up our Boxer and it flew up! Quite suprised, as I was intending to take the low road, but having travelled that route quite often - totally forgot and went for the hill!

Had to use 1st around the bend, then 2/3 all the way!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Rising out of Lynmouth is somewhat steep with at least one hairpin bend on a one in four hill

Pah, says a Fiat owner.

You need to get to Switzerland you do, over there what you describe would be called a speed bump.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
went up two years ago in fiat 100 multijet lunar moonstar . this year flew up in our 2.3 pvc swift mondial .there is nothing wrong with the fiat now its had the judder fixed :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
went up two years ago in fiat 100 multijet lunar moonstar . this year flew up in our 2.3 pvc swift mondial .there is nothing wrong with the fiat now its had the judder fixed :thumb:

Very true crackin machine to drive :thumb:

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
A couple of years aage we were at Minehead but avoided porlock hill as we had a FWD Transit and it lost traction far easier than the Fiat that we now have. We took a nice detour round Exmoor which was rather nice.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back