Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 years
Does anyone know of an RV-friendly garage in the Sussex or Surrey area? I have a Gulfstream Independence and am having real problems trying to find anyone that will do anything on this van. The seals on one of the slideouts have gone and I need to get them fixed/replaced. There are loads of motorhomes places around, but the moment I mention 'American' they stop the conversation right there!

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
PM Peter of John's Cross to see if he can help or knows of anywhere. :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi

no personal experience , but found this Googling..

list here

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I use a company in Kent

Does anyone know of an RV-friendly garage in the Sussex or Surrey area? I have a Gulfstream Independence and am having real problems trying to find anyone that will do anything on this van. The seals on one of the slideouts have gone and I need to get them fixed/replaced. There are loads of motorhomes places around, but the moment I mention 'American' they stop the conversation right there!

I looked at the list that Scotjim put on via a link.

I know of a few of these companies... Golds.. are in Hampshire now ..I had to be recovered in an A class 20 years back and they were in business then. Went and looked at some RV's they had for sale about 2 years ago and walked away.. did not like there business ethics ... but I could see they were still working on RV's and when they did work on mine I was happy with it.. but sales wise... no way.

I see there is Dreams on the list... I have to be careful what I say .. call me on 01892 514060 and I will spill the bean.. not good... and that is fair comment from a retired lawyer speaking.

Dudley's need deep pockets as I am sure a lot will confirm.. they are Winnibago importers, been at it for to many years to recall 35? 36? .. purchased my first A class from them... professional company but as I say expensive.

Murcury is not in Canterbury but on the mud flats ay the back of Sittingbourn... had concerns when I had dealing with them. Do not seem to have a lot of staff and the one that worked on mine could not get a lug nut off.. (no wrench... had to provide him with one)??? big on sales pitch but again have reservations - again fair comment.

I use a comerical truck company who's owner has his own RV and runs a fleet of American wreckers and is a main Renault truck repair shop... has all the equipment, will do work while you wait in the RV.. you supply it and they will fit it.. have got parts for my steering in the past... not to expensive and have a work shop to die for.. Mick Goulds .. on the A21 in Kent near Hawkhurst.. easy to get to and I have been using them for all sorts of work from fitting air suspension to brakes, wiring and lighting and pre mot's.. again phone me for info.

I cannot speak for the other companys that Scotjim has listed.. but if I recall does not Duncan of Star Spangled Spanner do repairs? I know Steve Dunn does as well as Darren of RV Spares... so there are lots out there..

Have a look on the sister site RVOC and I am sure one of the RV owners can point you to someone by recommendation... just because I do not find a company good does not mean someone else does not.. it is all personal opinion.. but do give me a call if you want to have a chat about it... or RV's

Bob:Eeek:

OP
OP
squirrel

squirrel

Free Member
Jul 7, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
6 years
Thanks for advice

Thanks for the useful advice, which I will follow up on. Really appreciate hearing from you.

S.::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Hi,

Give Glenn my service manager a ring during the week, he maybe able to help you, we do all sorts of repairs and insurance work.

Peter

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
pleased to see a Euro type dealer trying to help

Hi,

Give Glenn my service manager a ring during the week, he maybe able to help you, we do all sorts of repairs and insurance work.

Peter

Well done Peter, pleased to see a Euro type dealer willing to try and help an RV owner... mind you you may find this RV a bit on the large size :ROFLMAO: but it is good you have given him an avenue to follow.. wish other euro type dealers would not just say no once they hear it is an American rig..same often happens on camp sites..another issue perhaps in another place - who knows.

But I say well done.

Bob:thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
It seems that some workshop people think that American RVs are made on the moon! l use a very clever person who will mend and rebuild anything, he used to work at the shipyard locally, and his motto is, "if man made it, man can remake it". A seal on a slide-out ram, would be no different to a seal on a ram on a small digger, etc.

Craig.

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
I spoke to these guys the other day, seemed very helpfull and £42 per hour labor is pretty good.

Link Removed

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back