Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
I passed on the question of Class MI to the Minister of Transport Office (reply below)
My Local MP has written also to the Treasury Minister and asked for her comments I will let you know what these are as soon as I hear.
I have copied my petition and all the people signing it 243 so far and sent that to Ken Livingstone and that is the all I seem to be able to do.
I will just let the petition run and keep sending it in to him all through next year
If you havent signed please do The Link is Link Removed

FROM The Minister OF Transport Office
LOW EMISSION ZONE
Thank you for your emails of 29 October 2007 regarding the European classification of motorcaravans and their operation in the Low Emission Zone (LEZ).
You are correct in your understanding of the European classification given to your vehicle. Transport for London (TfL) is aware that motorcaravans are legally defined as passenger carrying vehicles and so fall into the M1 category. However, because the emissions from these vehicles may be substantially higher than those from passenger cars, TfL has included the vehicles in this class within the scope of the LEZ and are defined as such in Annex 2 of the Scheme Order. As explained previously, such vehicles have similar emissions characteristics to the Heavy Goods Vehicles (HGVs) and Light Goods Vehicles (LGVs) from which they are derived, and as such TfL considers that they should be applied to the same emissions requirements

Operators of lorries, buses, coaches and all other vehicles over 3.5 tonnes which do not meet the LEZ standards will need to pay a daily charge of £200. There will be a £100 charge for non-compliant minibuses, large vans and all other vehicles 3.5 tonnes and under, affected from 2010, for each charging day they are driving in the zone. I fully appreciate your situation but the level of charge has been set in order to encourage operators to clean up their vehicles rather than pay the daily charge.

I would like to re-iterate that there are still options available to you to comply with the scheme (and thus avoid the daily charge) including: fitting particulate abatement equipment to the vehicle or certifying that an eligible engine meets the required standard. TfL has a set up a dedicated enquiries service to help vehicle owners understand what the LEZ means for them and what they may have to do to comply with the scheme. The call centre can be contacted on 0845 607 0009. Alternatively, further information about the LEZ can be found on TfL’s website at: www.tfl.gov.uk/lezlondon.

The LEZ was subject to two rounds of public and stakeholder consultation during 2006-07. The LEZ remains the most effective option for achieving reductions of the most harmful road transport generated emissions in London between 2008 and 2015. Further information on the public consultation and the need to implement the LEZ can be found on TfL’s website at: www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/furtherinfo.

Policy Officer

London Low Emission Zone

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
It just makes you sick.

Whenever I have my RV tested the inspector cannot believe how low the emissions are, but over 3.5t bet your life we would have to pay.

Another tax on hard working people in the name of being green.

Lampie

J

john swan

Deleted User
beat the lez

why don't we all hit the M25 on the 30 august 2008 and bring london and mr livingstone to a standstill.swanny.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
The answers is very simple.
Tell Livingstone he can SHOVE his capital city!!!!!
That means no more stays on Chrystal Palace, no more shows, no more exhibitions.
I'd love it it someone could come up with a ball park figure of the revenue that would be lost to London if all the motorhomers took this view.
I bet the figure would be substantial to say the least.

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Does traffic move on the M25 then:whatthe:

No.But they have a continual rest stop called the hard Shoulder.

Great for Picnics.The odd cuppa and Bahmitzfa's oooeeerrrr Mind that truck.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Make sure you vote for Boris this is the reply I have recieved as I sent Boris the Link to the Petition
Dear Ms Nye,

Thank you very much for bringing this particular issue to our attention. All your comments and suggestions are greaty appreciated.

Boris Johnson's campaign is at present holding 'working groups' throughout London to develop solutions for London.

We have had a lot of correspondence about the predicted emission charges and we should be putting more information on our website about this issue soon.

I will in the meantime make sure your comments will get forwarded to the relevant people for future discussion groups (as stated below.)

Many thanks again and kind regards,
Georgiana

Housing

Stephen Greenhalgh
Sean Bailey - Conservative Candidate for Hammersmith
Angela Harvey
Mike Freer
Simon Randall - Chairman of Broomleigh Homes
Mira Bar-Hillel _ Evening Standard.
James Cartlidge - Sharetobuy
Alan de Botton
Tony Pidgley - Berkeley Homes
Peter Redfern - Taylor Wimpey

Planning and Regeneration

John Moss
Terry Farrell
Peter Golds
Sir Stuart Lipton
Sir Peter Hall
Nick Paget-Brown (K&C)

Peter Thompson (Leader, Hounslow – Heathrow impact, balancing development in west as well as east etc)

Michael Heseltine

Peter Stoker - Commercial Director Bellway PLC
Rail

Steve Norris
Kulveer Ranger
Stephen Hammond

Matthew Offord, Barnet

Colin Smith, Bromley

Daniel Moylan
James Morris
Joe Weiss - London Corporation

Value for Money

Ian Corby
Kit Malthouse
Eddie Lister

Olympics

Kate Hoey
Philip Hammond
Brian Coleman
Iain Wilton
David Shaw
Geoff Parsons
Lord MacLaurin

Alan Mendoza
Crime
Ray Lewis
Ian Clement
Greg Smith
Richard Barnes
James Brokenshire MP
Victoria Borwick
John Stevens/Nick Herbert are trying to come up with a police name to help.

Health

1. Professor Nick Bosanquet, Professor of Health Policy at Imperial
College London
2. Dr. Tim Crayford, DPH & Medical Director, Corydon PCT.
President, Association of Directors of Public Health (UK).
3. Sir Jonathan Michael, former Chief Executive, Guy and St. Thomas
Trust
4. Henry Pitman - Formerly Chief Executive, Tribal Group
5. Rachel Joyce (PPC Harrow, public health expert used to work for
A PCT)

6. Andy Jones (GP and on candidates list, a leading health expert
In UK)
7. Margot James
8. Lurline Champagnie! (who is happy with the above)

9. Lynne Hillan (Barnet), Vice-Chair on the Health & Adult Services Forum and Portfolio Holder in Barnet

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
another faceless/nameless (chinless) buerocrat. :Angry::Angry:

john.

Sorry John but that's uncalled for. From private correspondence with Mavis I happen to know that the person who replied to her did give his name.

Neither public nor private sector is perfect but we have to remember that, in both cases, people who respond to letters and e-mails are often just re-iterating the official position decided by an elected body/board of directors.

To make a blanket comment like that insults a lot of people who don't deserve it.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry John but that's uncalled for. From private correspondence with Mavis I happen to know that the person who replied to her did give his name.

Neither public nor private sector is perfect but we have to remember that, in both cases, people who respond to letters and e-mails are often just re-iterating the official position decided by an elected body/board of directors.

To make a blanket comment like that insults a lot of people who don't deserve it.

Graham

hi graham,
sorry if that hit a raw nerve but that is my view on local and central government.
thinking about it i was wrong about the 'faceless' comment as they are all two-faced
liers, reading from one song sheet when they want electing and a different one once they are in power.
only my views and i dont want to 'fall out' with anyone, yourself included.

john.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
I'd love it it someone could come up with a ball park figure of the revenue that would be lost to London if all the motorhomers took this view.
I bet the figure would be substantial to say the least.

Hi Zaskar London tourists spend about £15billion per year. They wouldn't even notice if we stopped going there.

Olley

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hi Zaskar London tourists spend about £15billion per year. They wouldn't even notice if we stopped going there.

Olley

No probs I cant stand the place.:thumbdown:

Full of foreigners:helptitanic:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
No probs I cant stand the place.:thumbdown:

Full of foreigners:helptitanic:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

my mum visited london a couple of years ago for the first time in 45years.
unfortunatly her cheese has slid off the cracker but her comment on london was right.
"i didnt realize they spoke a foriegn language in london." :Doh:

john.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
Sorry I didnt put the mans name as you are right he is only speaking for his office and what he has been told to say by someone higher.
I just wanted you to see the answer to my e-mail to that office.
(you are right though a Politician never tells the truth):Blush:
Im trying to talk to Ken Livingstone tomorrow but I have also sent an e-mail to Nick at LBC with my question to Ken as they get so many phone calls and I might not get through.
As for pappajohn the thing is Motorhomers live in London as we are not talking about the City we are talking about the whole of the M25 Boundry of the London Boroughs I have seen the Camera's on the A2 just after the M25 junction.
They look like a load of sparrows about 10 or more sitting on a giant lampost.
mavis

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hi graham,
sorry if that hit a raw nerve but that is my view on local and central government.
thinking about it i was wrong about the 'faceless' comment as they are all two-faced
liers, reading from one song sheet when they want electing and a different one once they are in power.
only my views and i dont want to 'fall out' with anyone, yourself included.

john.

Thank you for that explanation John, I don't wish to fall out with anyone either.

However, I find it annoying when I see critical posts when, with a different emphasis, people could lobby their targets directly with evidence to support their views and influence them.

That is the main reason why I didn't renew my subscription to another forum and I sincerely hope that this one is not going to go the same way.

As an example - and I know this is blowing my own trumpet for which I make no apology - I have seen lots of posts on various forums bemoaning the lack of places to park up, but relatively few people actually contact me to make contributions to my web site.

If we all direct our efforts to showing those who make decisions the evidence of how and where they are going wrong then perhaps we can achieve positive outcomes.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry I didnt put the mans name as you are right he is only speaking for his office and what he has been told to say by someone higher.
I just wanted you to see the answer to my e-mail to that office.
(you are right though a Politician never tells the truth):Blush:
Im trying to talk to Ken Livingstone tomorrow but I have also sent an e-mail to Nick at LBC with my question to Ken as they get so many phone calls and I might not get through.
As for pappajohn the thing is Motorhomers live in London as we are not talking about the City we are talking about the whole of the M25 Boundry of the London Boroughs I have seen the Camera's on the A2 just after the M25 junction.
They look like a load of sparrows about 10 or more sitting on a giant lampost.
mavis

my apologies Mavis,
i didnt realize you had edited the gentlemans name from your post. it,s the way my twisted mind works, :Blush:

john.

OP
OP
Mavis

Mavis

Funster
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2007
Seasalter kent
Funster No
MH
Clubman
Exp
emission zone

Thats ok john.:thumb:
I put my phone call in to talk to Ken on LBC but I sat there as they were going to ring me and nothing happened
I have emailed to Nick and sent what I was going to say and asked him to put it to Ken on the next broadcast.
mavis

Rose Royce

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
EPSOM
Funster No
Emmisions

I will not be signing this petition for a number of reasons.
1 It is addressed to the wrong authority - The GLA is autonomous as far as the LEZ is concerned and no petition to the National Government will make any difference. Did anyone manage to dissuade Ken about the CCZ?
2 Even if 1 is incorrect I am afraid that such an (understandably) emotive petitiion will not get much consideration. It is necessary, to sway anyone in government, National or Local, to have a well argued and written petition based on more than a lowish mileage figure and pleadings of poverty. Many retired people are very well off (and governments know it)
3 How many motorhomers live in the designated area? I don't know and no figures are quoted in the petition. 299 signatures so far suggest that it's not 10s of thousands, which is what you will need to make any impact. I suspect the RHA has alredy done a lot of lobbying with many more persuasive arguments and they have failed.
Good luck none the less and IF you suceed in changing Ken's mind I, and many others, will take equal advantage.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back