Professor Dick (1 Viewer)

Professor Dick

Free Member
Nov 4, 2010
Funster No
I drive a Frankia 1-800, I am 74 and travell a lot in England. I am looking for air suspension assistance. 1. I want a comfortable ride. 2. able to raise the rear of my motorhome, as it catches on the road, when I access my avenue, from the main road. 3. Able to adjust the ride. Any advice, on what is the best on the market, to fit the bill . Any advice would be appreciated. :shout:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Welcome to the best motorhome site. :thumb:

I can second PenelopePitstop on AS, we've just had ours fitted this week having ordered it at the NEC. We paid the show price of £536 (£60 off) and a fitting charge of £199.

Unlike some others the kit includes a 12v compressor which can be mounted anywhere convenient and a cab control panel which inflates both air bags, they can be used to level the van on site up to a point.

They need the van for about five hours, we were dropped off, and collected in Warrington and took the train to Liverpool where it peed down all day.

I mentioned offering discounts to motorhomefun members so it may be worth asking! :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I have just had Driverite Air Assisters (Firestone) fitted to my Iveco Turbo Daily.

I ordered them at the Shepton Mallet Show.

They are excellent and do just what you want.

Mine cost around £380 (plus fitting) (and a night down at Tanners Arms)

JJ

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
You don't say where you are, so if Warrington is a bit too far oop north there is GB Services in Honiton. They did a fine job for me.:thumb:

John

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Welcome to the best motorhome site. :thumb:

I can second PenelopePitstop on AS, we've just had ours fitted this week having ordered it at the NEC. We paid the show price of £536 (£60 off) and a fitting charge of £199.

Unlike some others the kit includes a 12v compressor which can be mounted anywhere convenient and a cab control panel which inflates both air bags, they can be used to level the van on site up to a point.

They need the van for about five hours, we were dropped off, and collected in Warrington and took the train to Liverpool where it peed down all day.

I mentioned offering discounts to motorhomefun members so it may be worth
asking! :RollEyes:

I have just had Driverite Air Assisters (Firestone) fitted to my Iveco Turbo Daily.

I ordered them at the Shepton Mallet Show.

They are excellent and do just what you want.

Mine cost around £380 (plus fitting) (and a night down at Tanners Arms)

JJ

Why such a big difference in price ?

Jim
:Smile:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Why such a big difference in price ?

Jim
:Smile:

Can't remember the name but there was a more expensive offer at the NEC, based in Hampshire I think, and they didn't include the onboard compressor, just a valve for a manual blow job. Think I'll re-phrase that. :whatthe: Not much fun if you're on the road and have to find an airline or use a footpump at the ferry.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Can't remember the name but there was a more expensive offer at the NEC, based in Hampshire I think, and they didn't include the onboard compressor, just a valve for a manual blow job. Think I'll re-phrase that. :whatthe: Not much fun if you're on the road and have to find an airline or use a footpump at the ferry.

Good points Funsters,

My price is just for the assister kit... I can fit the on board compressor/holding tank/fancy buttons and gauges later (approx £250) if I find it necessary but...

... my valves are fitted in a convenient postion and I have my own compressor (12v. £4.99 an offer with 10+ litres of diesel) on board so adjustment is a doddle.

While I appreciate the idea of being able to lift and lower the rear of your van (a little) from your driver's seat sounds great, in the 3000kms I have done since fitting the kit I have not felt the need to do so at all...

JJ

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)

Just going through stacks of motorhome books, leaflets and brochures we've accumulated over the last three months (ended up keeping most of it just in case) and come across AMK Automotive T/A Glide-Rite based at Liphook.

Price for semi-air suspension on non-Alko chassis is £680 plus £250 fitting. I'm pretty sure I was told it didn't include a compressor but they could do one at extra cost which is why I went back to AS.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the fun, do let us know where abouts you are so you can receive local advice.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
flyingwelcomeHello and welcome to FUN

georgie boy

Free Member
Nov 6, 2010
liverpool
Funster No
MH
Concorde charisma
Exp

hi im new to the club and new to forums, we have been living in our autotrail cheyenne for the last 3yrs and we are looking for any help reguarding getting some work done on our motorhome due to having a bit of a bang on the back, we need someone to repair a fibreglass back panel, and re-paint it , any help or advise would be most helpfull
cheers georg

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Have just had Airlift fitted by Signature Motorhomes at Wolverhampton, brilliant service. Air suspension will firm and level up your back end but will probably not raise it by a great deal. It has worked well for me giving better control, directional stability ,levelled and firmed up the rear end. Well worth the money :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back