The Spanish Job - Let the FUN begin!! (2 Viewers)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Here we are on Portsmouth docks waiting for tomorrow's boat to Santander. NannyJan is parked behind us! :thumb:

Hope to be in Zahora by Sunday afternoon !!:roflmto::roflmto:

Who is there already? :Smile:

Who is on their way? :Smile:

Come on folks let us know your progress!! :Smile:

Let the FUN begin!

:ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb:​

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
I know Ant&Debs and Jackomet are on the same campsite in Zahora, we assume they are on the same site you are going to.

Nigel and Pamala

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
I know Ant&Debs and Jackomet are on the same campsite in Zahora, we assume they are on the same site you are going to.

Nigel and Pamala

Yes they're on Pinar San Jose in Zahora!

We think of it as home - can't wait to get there!! It's the place where we spend the longest time without moving!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Here we are on Portsmouth docks waiting for tomorrow's boat to Santander. NannyJan is parked behind us! :thumb:

Hope to be in Zahora by Sunday afternoon !!:roflmto::roflmto:

Who is there already? :Smile:

Who is on their way? :Smile:

Come on folks let us know your progress!! :Smile:

Let the FUN begin!

:ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb::ROFLMAO::thumb:​

Waiting for an "Axle" :Eeek: Then a few things to tie up here and should be on our way.. in a few weeks.. ::bigsmile:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Glad to hear you all arrived at the port safely. It was good to see you yesterday, although I am as envious as hell!!!! :cry:

Hope the crossing is smooth through the Bay.:thumb:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Have a fab time Marie, Rex and Nannyjan and also anyone else on their way

have a safe trip and dont forget the pics to make us even more envious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

we look forward to seeing you again next year

John n Kath xx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Safe journey everyone.... sounds like the fun has already begun from the pm I just had from Jan... please keep us all informed of your escapades.

Stuart Jan was delighted at your kindness:thumb:

Have a brill time everybody.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
What is going on ???

Just watching the cancelled MotoGP practice in Estorile. It's raining even harder than Wales. No-one would believe that unless they saw it on TV.

So what is Zahora like ?

Do we bring wetsuits and breathing apparatus ?

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Weather Zahora

Just watching the cancelled MotoGP practice in Estorile. It's raining even harder than Wales. No-one would believe that unless they saw it on TV.

So what is Zahora like ?

Do we bring wetsuits and breathing apparatus ?

Its a little overcast. Sun keeps trying to break through. Not raining yet although the forecast is for rain sunday.

Wetsuits are optional!

Ant & Debs

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Weather Zahora

:Doh: Spoke too soon. Nows its raining:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
:Doh: Spoke too soon. Nows its raining:ROFLMAO:

Well I don't really mind at the moment, a beautiful sunny day oop north.

Are the crowds gathering for the arrival of Dame Penelope and Sir Rex ?

Must be getting close now. I assume that the mayor of Zahora has inspected to make sure all is in order.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We'll be there tomorrow all being well. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

We had a lovely day on Thursday in Santillana but it rained all the way to Salamanca yesterday and all the way to Caceres today - not seen anything of the scenery!:cry: Still raining now!

Hope it's better tomorrow - we arrived at Zahora in torrential rain last year - we don't need a repeat!!:Angry:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years

it rained all the way to Salamanca yesterday..,

You must have been travelling just in front of me yesterday...

Now breezy here in Ansiao but warm, dry and the sun breaks through the clouds every now and again...

JJ

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
You must have been travelling just in front of me yesterday...

Now breezy here in Ansiao but warm, dry and the sun breaks through the clouds every now and again...

JJ

Yes JJ - I just looked at the map to see where you were last night! Not far away from us!:roflmto:

Hope your nice weather heads over our way - not raining quite as heavily now thank goodness!

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We've arrived!

Arrived in Zahora about 4.30pm - sun shining and lovely and warm!

Setting up our pitch(174) properly tomorrow - going to the restaurant for a meal in a mo!:Smile:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Marie, please give Nannyjan my love... missing her already... :Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Zahora Times.

Chief reporter Carlos Sabastian Hernandez de Lango Desatascodor y Mucho Fuerza witnessed the arrival of Dame Penelope Pitstop on her triumphant return to Spain. The day was declared a public holiday. School children lined the dock, waving the Union flag and chanting "Peni Peni Peni". Such devotion is usually reserved for footballers and matadors. Although it is strenuously denied by the Palace, King Juan Carlos stayed at home sulking, wondering why he comes forth in the hearts of his people after Dame Penelope, footballers and matadors. The Palace said "the King welcomes Dame Penelope and Sir Rex but regrets that due to a serious infection of man flu he cannot personally welcome her back to Spain but he hopes that Dame Penelope and Sir Rex will drop in for a cup of tea as they head south.".

Our intrepid reporter followed the first couple south. Dame Penelope made it clear that her route through Spain did not include Madrid but if Juan Carlos wanted tea she would endeavour to have the kettle on in Salamanca. Alas Juan Carlos was unfit to accept this generous invitation. So Dame Penelope and Sir Rex cruised through Salamanca with the minimum of fuss. Only 2743 policemen had their leave cancelled to control the crowds, which at times exceeded those of Pope John Paul's visit of 2002.

When she finally arrived, the little children of Zahora were chanting "PP Bach, PP Bach, PP Bach".

Sir Rex took one of the officials aside and said "One is not Liverpudlian, the word is BACK you depressing little spink, no wonder we won at Trafalgar".

Tonight there will be a huge feast to celebrate Her homecoming. They have flow in Gordon Ramsey to prepare her favourite dish of cod and mushy peas a la Glossop.

A warm glow settles over Zahora.

Sabatian Hernandez, Zahora for the Zahora Times.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Welcome to Zahora

Hope you had a good journey

Ant & Debs

Thanks! See you in the morning!! :Smile:

Chief reporter Carlos Sabastian Hernandez de Lango Desatascodor y Mucho Fuerza witnessed the arrival of Dame Penelope Pitstop on her triumphant return to Spain. The day was declared a public holiday. School children lined the dock, waving the Union flag and chanting "Peni Peni Peni". Such devotion is usually reserved for footballers and matadors. Although it is strenuously denied by the Palace, King Juan Carlos stayed at home sulking, wondering why he comes forth in the hearts of his people after Dame Penelope, footballers and matadors. The Palace said "the King welcomes Dame Penelope and Sir Rex but regrets that due to a serious infection of man flu he cannot personally welcome her back to Spain but he hopes that Dame Penelope and Sir Rex will drop in for a cup of tea as they head south.".

Our intrepid reporter followed the first couple south. Dame Penelope made it clear that her route through Spain did not include Madrid but if Juan Carlos wanted tea she would endeavour to have the kettle on in Salamanca. Alas Juan Carlos was unfit to accept this generous invitation. So Dame Penelope and Sir Rex cruised through Salamanca with the minimum of fuss. Only 2743 policemen had their leave cancelled to control the crowds, which at times exceeded those of Pope John Paul's visit of 2002.

When she finally arrived, the little children of Zahora were chanting "PP Bach, PP Bach, PP Bach".

Sir Rex took one of the officials aside and said "One is not Liverpudlian, the word is BACK you depressing little spink, no wonder we won at Trafalgar".

Tonight there will be a huge feast to celebrate Her homecoming. They have flow in Gordon Ramsey to prepare her favourite dish of cod and mushy peas a la Glossop.

A warm glow settles over Zahora.

Sabatian Hernandez, Zahora for the Zahora Times.

Think we'll have the men in white coats ready for when you arrive!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Nice to hear you all arrived safely. Time now to relax and enjoy things. :thumb:

Sigh

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Lovely day in Zahora today - so we took NannyJan and showed her the way to the beach :Smile:

It's a Bank Holiday today in Spain - as you can see from the photos the beach was really crowded!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• shDSCF2095c.jpg
    shDSCF2095c.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 64
  • shDSCF2094c.jpg
    shDSCF2094c.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 62
  • shDSCF2093c.jpg
    shDSCF2093c.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 63
  • shDSCF2092c.jpg
    shDSCF2092c.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 62

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Im still in flux and been venturing out in my rv to find out if anythings wrong.
A few teething problems that I am seeing to.

Glad you had a safe journey.

I am still hopefull I will make it.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Lovely day in Zahora today - so we took NannyJan and showed her the way to the beach :Smile:

It's a Bank Holiday today in Spain - as you can see from the photos the beach was really crowded!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

From where I'm sitting it looks fantastic. Thanks for the pics.
Jim
:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Not many on our local beach either - probably blown away by last nights storms ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• storm residue.jpg
    storm residue.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 27

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread