Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Taking a plug ( ?) on visiting Bath and if anyone has done so could recommend a campsite within striking distance .

Thanks in anticipation

Jun 10, 2013
Sussex
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Festivals
Bath Marina is a bit basic but it's where we always stay as an easy 20-25 min walk to town along the river.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Many thanks guy’s l appreciate your reply’s I’m looking for a 2 night stay and l can’t see the park n ride would be something the Council would allow. Despite the weather l’m sure Bath is a great stopover on our 10 day tour .

Regards

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Many thanks guy’s l appreciate your reply’s I’m looking for a 2 night stay and l can’t see the park n ride would be something the Council would allow. Despite the weather l’m sure Bath is a great stopover on our 10 day tour .

Regards

The park and ride is a walk from the marina site. About 5 minutes I think from memory. It’s just the closest bus stop into Bath.

It’s a nice walk into Bath as well.

Deleted User
Another vote for Bath Marina. Park and Ride into Bath, cycle track to Bristol or X39 bus every 15ish minutes to Bristol city centre - all 5 minutes walk from the site.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
l can’t see the park n ride would be something the Council would allow.

Errrr...

You don't have to do the park AND ride...

...just stroll through from the Marina Campsite and do the "Ride" part.

JJ :cool:

NorthNorfolk

Free Member
Sep 27, 2019
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Bath Marina Site is in a great location for visiting Bath either by public transport or a brisk walk. My visiting grandchildren loved the adjacent play area. Toilet/showers dated but clean. Reception very friendly. Avoid being pitched under trees, the squirrels are a BLOODY nuisance especially at about 5am when, they get started!!

petrocspals

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
4 years
Nice easy going site at Bath Marina.easy access to park & ride. One pub by the park & ride another about 1/4 of a mile towards Bath. Thought it worth mentioning that we were able to access Bath along the tow path with the mobility scooter....non Stef route by the supermarket. Think it was Sainsbury's

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
Thanks all.. Thought mentioning.. l was going to book through Hitchup hmmmm that was my mistake then typed Pitchup ?. anyway , The price for Pitchup was £74 for the MH 2 adults and a dog.
My wife then looked at Marina website and found the price to be £52 for 2 nights all in ? so booked .

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We are at bath marina now for 2 nights it's a nice site toilets are clean but very dated staff very friendly

Tv reception poor and unable to get satellite tv due to the large amount of huge trees and tv point in the sites power pillar does not work

Walked into bath today very nice place and going biking tomorrow got the x39 bus back dropped us off 5 min walk back to site

OP
OP
DAVWOD

DAVWOD

Free Member
Sep 23, 2013
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Bavaria
Exp
6 years
We will definitely return , shame about the weather but we had a guided Tour with a Student who certainly put a shift in , over 2 hours walk 9,000 steps according to my watch :oops:

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
Just got back from 4 nights on this site and had a great time.
The first day my son and I cycled along the disused railway line into Bristol (14 easy miles each way) and then we took the P&R into Bath the next 2 days (£3 each return, under 16's free). Can thoroughly recommend the Roman Baths (allow at least 2 hours) and last night we went to The Globe in (excellent meal and friendly staff) https://www.vintageinn.co.uk/restaurants/south-west/theglobenewtonsaintloe. The Boathouse is the nearest pub but was just about to close for refurbishment and had a restricted menu but looked ok. For the beers lovers (like me), there is a micro brewery just up the road from the campsite https://electricbearbrewing.com/

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
From memory the main Bath Coach Car Park is ONLY £2 from 6PM to 8AM.
Make sure to leave before 8AM though as the Traffic Warden will pounce.
Do take your swimming costume and visit the Roman Baths Spa. Expensive but amazing.
Bottom floor a walk in pool, middle floor showers and scented steam rooms and the top floor is a walk in open air roof top pool.

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Visiting Bath after March 2021 may cause a problem for pre euro 6 Motorhomes registered as PHGV ( over 3.5 tonnes). The proposed clean air zone comes into effect then and there will be a daily charge of £9 Bath Clean air zone charges.

For those trying to get to Bath Marina Site from the east they will either have to pay the £9 to cross Bath, arriving and leaving or divert around Bath to approach the Marina from the Bristol side.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back