Alarm requirement (1 Viewer)

grouse

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Funster No
Hiya all

I'm getting a bit boggled eyed here filling out countless forms online trying to get the best quote for a new Dorset EL I'm buying December.
All seem to give no quote or say I need to have a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm fitted. Before I go completely insane filling out the same info again and again, am I going to have to fork out £500 to have one fitted just to keep these folk happy or is there a company out there that doesn't require this fitted??

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you are going to spend on an alarm get a good one. This guy comes highly recommended Expensive, but quality always is. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I agree with Jim vanbitz are an excellent company I always recommend them as a satisfied customer.They will give you good advice for free and not try to sell you something you do not need

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
No Alarm system required by SAGA for me :thumb: 34k Van

Mind you living in the wilderness of Scotland guess the postcode lottery isa win for me.

Give em a try :Cool:

Mind you still fitted an alarm :ROFLMAO:

Terry

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
yes good company not sure about selling you something you do not need

I agree with Jim vanbitz are an excellent company I always recommend them as a satisfied customer.They will give you good advice for free and not try to sell you something you do not need

Fully agree that VanBitz and there strike back is a great product and they do a fantastic job.. (selling you something you do not need???? well do your research as to what you need or where it is to be fitted I would suggest - which is what you are now doing in fact by posting on this site).

As for the Thatcham cat 1 alarm.. yes it is worth having it done even only for peace of mind... my RV which was just under £30k had to have it even although it already had a Ford immoberliser fitted. .. It allows me to sleep happy at nights knowing the RV will still be on the drive in the morning... unlike another car taken once before. So you pay's your money and make your own mind up.

Bob:thumb:

kkclassic

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
South Coast
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Hi

I have to agree the Vanbitz "Strikeback" being the alarm and immobiliser to have. We have had one fitted for 2 years now and if we buy another van we would have it fitted to that. I like the text function so if there is an incident while you are away from your baby it can let you know something is happening and then you can remotley isolate the ignition circuit via a text to it.

I have had other work carried out by them and have always had excellent service and good value from them.

The added bonus is when having work done you can stay on Cornish Farm and also visit Taunton.

Kevin and Tricia

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi just tick the alarm box as none fitted. If they require one fitting then look into it :thumb:
terry

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
we had to have a 'tracking device' (avoiding a brand name) fitted to our Dodge truck------when we had it recovered it was put into a situation where it should have 'alamed'-----it didn't-------we contacted the supplier and found it was not working------we had no way to test it ourselves.
when we get our 'new' truck we will have one fitted that we can check on ourselves ! !
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back