Free Member
Oct 5, 2010
Danbury, Essex
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I have a Fiat Ducato based motorhome. Can I recharge the vehicle battery on a trickle charge from the points in the engine bay rather than connecting direct to the battery?

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Do you have an A Class perchance ? Most C class units have the battery in the engine bay as normal
If the battery is in the habitation section, why not use the EHU and plug the charger in a socket in the van .. nice and easy :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Do you have an A Class perchance ? Most C class units have the battery in the engine bay as normal
If the battery is in the habitation section, why not use the EHU and plug the charger in a socket in the van .. nice and easy :thumb:

I do that with our van, which has the vehicle battery in the engine bay. I use a Tronic (CTEK look-alike) charger from Lidl. Plenty of cable to reach from the driver footwell (where the unit is placed) to the battery to attach the crocodile clips and from the footwell to a mains socket.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I have a Fiat Ducato based motorhome. Can I recharge the vehicle battery on a trickle charge from the points in the engine bay rather than connecting direct to the battery?
Yes:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back