Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Nice spot - just up the hill!:thumb:

If you walk along the dunes, there is the buried church there. They have perranporth golf club too - which HAS to be seen....can you imagine playing golf in sand dunes??? I thought they didn't like sand bunkers!

They do flights across the village at perran airfield - well worth a go! As well as the beach, head over to st aggie and the blue hills for dog walking.

Nearest campshop is on the aggie road if you need parts etc.(aztec camping)

Family Guy

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
runcorn
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2001
just gone to book they wanted £93 for 4 nights x 2 because my van is 28ft long or £63 for grass no electric so if i want electric i need to pay for 2 pitches:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
just gone to book they wanted £93 for 4 nights x 2 because my van is 28ft long or £63 for grass no electric so if i want electric i need to pay for 2 pitches:Angry:

Try here Link Removed

Just down the hill - smaller and more CCC style, but nice place.

If not tollgate are opposite perran sands.

If you have any probs at perranporth camping, let me know and I will have a word!:thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Just come heading home after a few days camped near the tip of The Lizard....lovely weather. The Beach Hut cafe/restaurant on Watergate Bay the other side of Newquay does nice food (fried squid followed by mussels and chips...yum) and the bay was packed with surfers. :thumb:

barryd

Free Member
Feb 10, 2009
Yorkshire Dales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since May 08
Just come back from Devon and Cornwall. It is a lovely place. Wouldnt want to be there in the height of summer though. There are some fantastic CL's down there and we found loads that were £4 or £5 per night.

Some big hills though. You forget that there are hills in the south. The bike got more abuse than it did in the Pyrenees and Alps!

Have a lovely time!

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just come heading home after a few days camped near the tip of The Lizard....lovely weather. The Beach Hut cafe/restaurant on Watergate Bay the other side of Newquay does nice food (fried squid followed by mussels and chips...yum) and the bay was packed with surfers. :thumb:

I love the Lizard, did you walk down the the best cove in the world and post a letter to King Neptune? :Smile:

Kynance Cove
Link Removed

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I love the Lizard, did you walk down the the best cove in the world and post a letter to King Neptune? :Smile:

Kynance Cove

Sure did....wonderful place....
Link Removed

I'm sure I heard the leader of this group saying "OK guys....your mission if you choose to accept it..." :Smile:
Link Removed

I also can't think of a much better place to have a coffee and flapjack...your worries disappear while you're there :Smile:
Link Removed

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
The Merrymoor Inn at Morgan Porth for the best Chips in the UK! Their Bacon, Mushroom and Stilton melted Bagette, is absolutely fab--- NO! NO! why should I tell you this? Completely disregard this post! Go home! Go buy a pasty in Devon!

OR ! of course if you are feeling really flushed The Plume of Feathers in Mitchell just off the A30 OH NO! I've done it again!

OR! Shant tell you about the Hewas Water Inn just off the A390 that will be my secret!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
JIM you gone and done it this time! Kynance Cove, My Favourite place on this bloody island and you've told everyone about it! This is my spot! I go fishing there quite often! Now I have to share it with everyone!

Offiicial Announcement,from Cornwall Council, the road to the Lizard is closed due to leaves on the line at Clapham, a severe risk of a 6.7 earth quake and falling frozen urine from overhead long haul airliners The Cornish have run out of first born to eat so are now eying up M/homers (TINNED FOOD)

Would I lie to you Fellas My bestist bestist buddies?

rangi

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
The Cornish have run out of first born to eat so are now eying up M/homers (TINNED FOOD)

That would explain why the road from Helston south into The Lizard was so quiet once 7pm came around and the sun went down. Cars were escaping north but nothing going south except me....the locals must come out at night :Smile:

And I'm not saying it was quiet this time of year...but here's the carpark at Land's End:

Link Removed
...and the campsite I was on (Little Trethvas Farm):
Link Removed

...which was nice! As opposed to Land's End, which was tacky and a bit sad.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Have a great time , I'm sure you will.
We thought you were lucky getting in at Whitby for the Goth Fest. Everywhere is usually booked up months in advance.
As for Lizard , lovely place what ever the weather. Just get a nice warm wet suit on and get on in there . Have a cream tea for me :winky:

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
Have a great time you guys. Say 'Hello' to Eddie, Diane, Pat & Jan from us both. Will you give Diane & Jan a message from Jean? Tell them that the shoes in the wardrobe have had new batteries and are vibrating wildly, lol. They will know what you mean!!:ROFLMAO:
Hope to see you again soon.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Are yu going to meet up with my virtual husband please? If so, give him a huge HUG from me...:Blush:

... and tell him the baby still needs changing!:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back