Portsmouth - where to park for the night before the ferry? (1 Viewer)

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We're booked on the Portsmouth Santander ferry next Wednesday morning. We'd really like to be as close to the port as possible the night before.

We've heard that it's possible to stay in the departure lanes but I've just spoken to Brittany Ferries who said - yes we can but only after the last departure of the day which is 22.45!
I asked the man at Brittany Ferries if he knew of anywhere we could park before that but he just said it's up to you to find somewhere - I couldn't possibly advise! Very helpful chap - NOT! :Angry:

Does anyone know of an alternative please?:Smile:

We don't want to have to arrive in Portsmouth very late at night - we don't like the dark!:cry:
Equally we don't want a mad rush in the morning and risk getting snarled up with traffic!

:Doh:It's much easier to use the tunnel!! :Doh:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If your lucky there are parking spaces over to the left hand side of the depature lanes area.

Drive in through the gate and veer off over to the left. On the far side there are parking places. Ive seen mh's parked there in the past. There are only a few places so you need to get lucky.

Or

Turn right just before the ferry entance, there are parking places down there. Go onto Google Street view and have a look.

Jim
:Smile:

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Port Solent is fairly close by with a large car park and facilities.

Its on the M27 / M275 junction. There is also a Tesco's there as well.

Only a couple of miles from the ferry port.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We don't want to have to arrive in Portsmouth very late at night - we don't like the dark!:cry:
Equally we don't want a mad rush in the morning and risk getting snarled up with traffic!

We're all routing for you PP.

We all think you're marvellous to take this on at your age.

Then, the Bay of Biscay. The bay of a thousand wrecks. Well, what can we say, is it bravery, is it the Bulldog Spirit, is it True Heroism, is it a bit foolish ?

Although it is widely reported that Nelson's last words were "kiss me Hardy", those with inside knowledge know he added "thank f****k at lease I don't have to go back across the Bay of Biscay".

Via con Dios PP.

OP
OP
PenelopePitstop

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We're all routing for you PP.

We all think you're marvellous to take this on at your age.

Then, the Bay of Biscay. The bay of a thousand wrecks. Well, what can we say, is it bravery, is it the Bulldog Spirit, is it True Heroism, is it a bit foolish ?

Although it is widely reported that Nelson's last words were "kiss me Hardy", those with inside knowledge know he added "thank f****k at lease I don't have to go back across the Bay of Biscay".

Via con Dios PP.

Ha Ha Brian! At least we're crossing in October and not in December!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You know I'm not looking forward to this sea crossing you b*****d!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I'll get even!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi we may have room here at our little CS site for 1 night 1/2 hour away from Portsmouth along the M27 your friends will have left by this weekend!!!

Image004-2.jpg

Regards Pat

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
If you decide to go on a camp, avoid the site at Southsea its a right s**t hole, we stopped there this year for the same reason as yourself, never again. Pete :cry::cry:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
Marie,
Take no notice of Brian.
Ships go up and down anyway, so that would be normal.
The problem you have to watch for in the Bay of Biscay is the thing going down, down.
Enjoy the crossing, should be the most interesting part of your trip.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Dont take any notice Marie,, we came back today bit rough but not bad.. :thumb:

Only 4 motorhomes 22 cars and 5 lorries were damaged coming across the Bay of Biscay.. considering the gales I dont think that was bad.. :whatthe:

Not sure which ship you will get from Portsmouth,, as long as it isn`t the "MV CAP-FINISTERE",,, she would even roll and wallow around on a duck pond..

Enjoy your trip & safe travels,, see you in a few weeks.. :thumb:

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
I've discivered the ideal parking place for Motorhomes and RV's in Portsmouth.

It sounds like after todays game Portsmouth FC will no longer exist and there will a great parking area in town, soft ground, Toilet facilities nearby, etc.:thumb::ROFLMAO:

What I would advise anyone to do is wait until the game is over and claim squatters rights before they shut the gates.:ROFLMAO:

novawight

Free Member
May 14, 2010
Hayling Island
Funster No
MH
hi top,
Exp
on and off 50 years
Soon there maybe plenty of parking spaces at Fratton Park, do you want the milton end, or the home supporters end :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back