Free Member
Oct 20, 2010
sunderland
Funster No
MH
hopefully a rv
Exp
newbie not started yet
hi ya people , thought i would join this forum looks good , me and my hubby just put our house up for sale and looking at buying a american rv and living on the road , its been a massive desicion but we going to go for it , and if it does not work out there is always a room at my dads house to stay , i so excited to do this , any info anyone has on starting up would be grateful thanks xx

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
hi and welcome to the site, many fulltimers here in the measntime do check out the vasrious threasds on fulltiming, pros and cons, asll the asnswers you need are there. Don't miss the chatroom, pop in and say hi.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Denise and :welcome: to MotorhomeFun.:thumb:

Exciting times ahead for you.::bigsmile:

flyingwelcome

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
just put our house up for sale and looking at buying a american rv and living on the road , its been a massive desicion but we going to go for it , and if it does not work out there is always a room at my dads house to stay , i so excited to do this , any info anyone has on starting up would be grateful thanks xx

Please do your homework and read the full timing forum

1. have a sound financial plan .. do the sums. Monthly costs against income.

2. ensure you have proper full time vehicle and contents insurance, this isn't cheap ,
the only company I know offering this is Comfort Insurance.. check this out before selling up.

3. You must have 'home address', if this is your dads, ensure you are on the voters role, use this address for bank, driving license, RV Log book, all official mail and register with the local doctor..

Full timing isn't a long holiday .. yes, it may be for a year or so, it's a way of life that you need to think about carefully .. what will you be doing in 2 , 3 or more years.

I'm not trying to dissuade you, we were full time for three years, it's not easy nor is it a holiday.. life goes on, you still have bills.. it's an alternative , not an escape.

good luck .. and ask plenty questions

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
hi denise you've certainly came to the right place if you're looking for info on anything,there is a wealth of knowledge that goes beyond just motorhoming:thumb:love the bullie by the way mine is a big lad named nero,hope everything goes well:thumb:

OP
OP
denise bilsbury

denise bilsbury

Free Member
Oct 20, 2010
sunderland
Funster No
MH
hopefully a rv
Exp
newbie not started yet
hi denise you've certainly came to the right place if you're looking for info on anything,there is a wealth of knowledge that goes beyond just motorhoming:thumb:love the bullie by the way mine is a big lad named nero,hope everything goes well:thumb:
hi our bullie is a girl called lady she 6 , we just found out she has lung cancer poor thing she a big girl lossed a bit weight now but she was 10 stone ,think we going to like it on here .

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
welcome to fun::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Work with 'marknclairontour' they are at the same stage as you---------share info as you get it----will help both of you
Nigel

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back