Five Motorhome Aires planned by Flyde Council (1 Viewer)

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
This is good news and may hopefully encourage other councils to follow. however, let us hope that these proposed facilities are not "HI-JACKED" by travellers and the facility withdrawn through abuse.

If these facilities are abused then other councils will not proceed and we will be disadvantaged again.

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
Good news indeed, we need more councils to look upon us so kindly. Let's hope its not completely free, a token charge of just 10p a night would probably keep the freeloading tossers from abusing the the facility by staying for weeks on end and ruining it for everyone. :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Good news indeed, we need more councils to look upon us so kindly. Let's hope its not completely free, a token charge of just 10p a night would probably keep the freeloading tossers from abusing the the facility by staying for weeks on end and ruining it for everyone. :ROFLMAO:

see link
Fylde’s proposed sites will charge £5 per night, allow stays of up to three nights, forbid outdoor cooking and the dumping of waste or rubbish.

weejocky

Funster
Jan 20, 2010
Yorkshire and France
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
not long enough
£5 a NIGHT!!!

We will be OK then, those free loaders will stay well away::bigsmile:

Dalek

Free Member
Apr 26, 2010
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Roller Team 600
Exp
18 months
At long last one council has seen sense :thumb:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Love the bit about "Prosperous well behaved". Dont think they have come into contact with us yet,or been to a fun meet.:ROFLMAO:
Seriosly its a start.:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well done to Fylde and very interesting to see that it is that authority which is taking action.

It isn't all that long ago that motorhome parking was banned in all (or most) car parks owned by Fylde Council. The reason was because of people blatantly ignoring overnight restrictions, doing just what was convenient to them and projecting a negative image of motorhome owners.

Since then a few people have contacted Fylde Council in a positive and constructive manner, explaining the benefits which can accrue from provision of overnight stopping places. We now see the result.

Graham

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It isn't all that long ago that motorhome parking was banned in all (or most) car parks owned by Fylde Council. The reason was because of people blatantly ignoring overnight restrictions, doing just what was convenient to them and projecting a negative image of motorhome owners.

Since then a few people have contacted Fylde Council in a positive and constructive manner, explaining the benefits which can accrue from provision of overnight stopping places. We now see the result.

Graham

Now I wonder if somewhere in there someone thought - "Hey all these people parking overnight on our car parks despite the notices, why don't we cash in one them".

If those MHers had not stopped would the inspiration have been there ?

Back to the mass trespass.

"Poweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer to the People"

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
If it was a free carpark it would make no differance if people stayed 3 days or 3 weeks they would still spend in the local economy which is the idea behind it. I am begining to take offence at your posts and personal insults no need whatso ever. All my life I have advocated staying one night and moving on but do not feel the need to insult fellow members the way you do. Please refrain. Thank you.

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
Maybe we should organise a fun meet on a Blackpool car park!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Then they'd see how prosperous and well behaved we are -- NOT!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Don't like the bit about banning outdoor cooking though!
:Sad::Sad:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Now I wonder if somewhere in there someone thought - "Hey all these people parking overnight on our car parks despite the notices, why don't we cash in one them".

If those MHers had not stopped would the inspiration have been there ?

Back to the mass trespass.

"Poweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer to the People"

::bigsmile: Can't imagine you in a psychedelic shirt and beads poking flowers down rifles though ::bigsmile:

In all my contacts with local authorities over the past 4 years I've found a recurring theme - that many are simply unaware of the differences between motorhomes and caravans. There is a perception in some cases of motorhomes being a nuisance and that is compounded by people ignoring restrictions. It is only when people have made positive approaches that the lack of awareness has been overcome.

If you like it's the difference between people saying "I'm going to carry on hitting you until you do as I want" and "I'd like to talk about this sensibly and find common ground".

Graham

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish

You have a problem, my friend.
If not already, you are in danger of becoming bitter and twisted over nothing. Why should Councils look upon you kindly, but not on the "freeloading tossers"?

This site is ainformative and FUN, and is not a vehicle to freely distribute personal abuse.

Although not a wild camper myself (using sites is a PERSONAL preference), I recognise others' right to camp as they choose providing no harm is done. I find your remarks regarding "Freeloading Tossers" unnecessary, boring and offensive.
To label people as such purely because they dont do what YOU do is out of order.

Dont know what M'Lud Bob thinks, but I feel some of your comments are beginning to verge on actionable.

I have a Mobilvetta MH. Is it ok therefore to label all non Mobilvetta drivers as tossers? The premise is the same.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Good news and a step in the right direction.

As for some comments made about freeloaders as i have said on scotjimland thread about who we are a lot of people are ver confrontational when hideing behind a computer screen and my advise would be to just ignore them as their comments dont merit an answer.

Gerry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back