French vet within walking distance (1 Viewer)

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
On my return from Spain in early 2011 I will be looking for a vet for my dog and cat.

Can any funster recommend a vet:

a. Within walking distance of an aire or have a big enough car park to accommodate a 7m m/h.

c. Approximate cost if i provide frontline/worm tablet

d. Within easy distance of Calais/Dunkerque

e. GPS co-ord would be a great help

Thanks

Ian

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Hi Ian
We will also be looking for a vet near calais, 1st time we will be taking our dog, so any info would be good.
Can you provide your own frontline and wormer?

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
On three recent trips, we have paid 50 euros at Arques near St Omer, we didn't provide any drugs, 64 euros at Dunkirk with us not providing drugs but given the two spare vials of Frontline and then 29.20 at Orchies which is, I believe, just south of Lille with us providing the Frontline. In future, I will definitely be aiming for a vet as far from the port as possible.
Ivy

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
hi i used this campsite

http://www.campinglachaumiere.com/

they make the appointment at the vets for you you have to drive into st omer
park by the canal its a 100 metre walk to the vets (a very freindly guy speaks perfect english)

the bill was 78 euros for two dogs including the tick and worming. :Smile:

mark.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
This one is in Amiens

This vet is in Amiens a couple hours out of Calais.. it is located about 100 yeard from a Lidl store.. I parked our American RV in it earlier this year - no barriers ... also there is street parking near by.. if you look on Google Earth you can see the vets at the end of the road and the Lidl car park a little way down.

The vet charged 29euros all in.. we did not supply anything and they stamped and signed the passport also asked what time we needed marked in it to allow us to get on the train when we needed to.

Vet Dr Bova
Vets Bova
308 Rue Fauborg de Hem 80000 Amiens... tel 0033 322 662899 from UK
fax 0033 322 662890 English spoken by vet.. look back at Frankie's post she has listed the hours they book appointments..

of p.m. for more info... do not have it to hand at the moment.

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Blobsta

Free Member
Apr 18, 2008
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 635 2016
Exp
30 years
There is a Vet in Ardres approx 20 mins from Calais on Rn 43, and a huge carpark opposite, that's if there is no circus, fairground or market. However plenty places to park. Cost us around 45 euros, they supplied the drugs.

Bob

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
hi i used this campsite

http://www.campinglachaumiere.com/

they make the appointment at the vets for you you have to drive into st omer
park by the canal its a 100 metre walk to the vets (a very freindly guy speaks perfect english)

the bill was 78 euros for two dogs including the tick and worming. :Smile:

mark.

Did the same this year. 40 euros for Rosie & parking was almost outside the vets. My van is over 7 metres so you will have no problems. :thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Near St Omer and walking distance down the road. English spoken and pet passport seem his main business.

Must be the easiest Vet to use but not cheap.

The campsite takes camping cheques

Link Removed

BobT

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The further you are from the Channel ports the cheaper it gets (except Paris).

Bobt

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
You do not have to be on top of the ports to visit the vet - you are then stuck there for 24 hours at least. You can extend your trip by using one of those that are further away - see the google map mentioned by Jim earlier. Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) has an excellent vet who speaks English just along the road, with no problem over parking, and you can then head off for whichever port you want and easily be there within the 24/48 hour timescale that you have. We'll even book the appointment for you!:thumb:

Wherever you go in France, enjoy your time in this beautiful country.

Bob

OP
OP
lookback

lookback

Free Member
Nov 30, 2007
Mareham le fen, Lincs
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
5 years
There is a Vet in Ardres approx 20 mins from Calais on Rn 43, and a huge carpark opposite, that's if there is no circus, fairground or market. However plenty places to park. Cost us around 45 euros, they supplied the drugs.

Bob

I have used this vet when overnighting at "Hotel Bal" Tourneham-sur-la-hem (GPS N50.80867° E2.05569°) It is 8 miles from the campsite and a further 12 miles to Calais.
The campsite owner will telephone the vet and make an appointment for you. Female vet speaks english.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back