LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Steph got one of these at Stratford. Any recipes anyone? Also if you have one what is your opinion please? :Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Sorry, I just use as an oven or pans . I have made bread and scones (I have a sweet tooth). Saves carrying assortment of pans etc.
Just watch the heat, only needs the gentelest of heat.

Don

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
A good buy Ken.:thumb: We wouldn't be without ours.
No special recipies from us I'm afraid, but we find the heat diffuser a worthwhile purchase.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
A good buy Ken.:thumb: We wouldn't be without ours.
No special recipies from us I'm afraid, but we find the heat diffuser a worthwhile purchase.

Yep, got that as well. :thumb: Steph can spend money as if I was still making it. :ROFLMAO:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
We have one, but as Mrs KSE knows its only the females in our van that get to do any cooking, Im too busy consuming alcohol and watching sport.:winky:

However NIKKI SAYS, that she is well impressed with hers. No recipies im afraid but we are hoping that after the B&B meet we might be able to get some together. We find it especially useful when we are skiing and to heat pies and that sort of thing. We have (sorry Nikki has) even cooked a roast in it.:thumb:

tonybrightspark

Free Member
Dec 31, 2009
Kent
Funster No
Not used ours yet but got the egg poacher insert at Peterborough at weekend.

tonybrightspark

geofliz

Free Member
Feb 3, 2008
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
3 years. 29 as a tugger
We have had ours for three years, we have two in the motorhome one, large one small and a large one at home. As I do the cooking I must say that I would not be without. I never use the oven at all, I do all of the roasts in them complete chickens and roast potatoes are a doddle! As for recipes just do what you think, as it is just like an oven use it like one. My latest creation is a Weetabix cake. It does take a while to cook though. Have fun using it and enjoy!! :thumb::thumb:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Use ours all the time cook everything from a joint of lamb, toasties, jacket potatoes, but one of my new favourites is potoato wedges, what I do is put a circle of Bako glide on the top and bottom of the pan then put the potato wedges or chunks of carrots sweet potato put just a drop of olive oil onthem and a pit of salt and pepper or any other seasoning you want, put the pans together, once the pans are hot turn them down quite low and keep turning, they are healthy and delicious and a change from ordinary potato. Carol.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Recipes????
Just use your imagination, you will find you can cook just about anything in them, I got two-one in the house & one in MH. if you fancy a fruit cake it's a bit fiddly but can be done. I don't bother with a frying pan anymore-saves space.
I have Double skillet, Remoska and a big pan for the seafood/mussels.
Let me know if you want details for fruit cake.

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Did this last night very tasty.
Take skins off sausages and break each sausage into about 3 or 4 pieces.
Scrub a large potato or a couple of smaller one and chop into chunks-not too big.
Peel & chop a large cooking apple, not too small or it will disappear.
I used a jar of Tomato and Garlic Pasta Sauce, but a can of Chopped Tomatoes and some crushed Garlic will bo ok, you don't have to use the garlic.
Pepper & salt. I never use salt intentionally.
Chop an onion & fry in a little oil till just starting to brown, add the potatoes, sausages, seasoning and the tomatoes & garlic or sauce stir well keep on a med heat, add Apple & stir in get it to a good heat-just starting to bubble. Turn down to lowest setting put top pan on and cook for about 20 mins, stir once or twice-the more you remove the lid the more heat you loose.
It will be cooked when the potatoes and apple are soft. if it's too wet leave lid off and turn heat up for a few mins but watch it doesn't burn.:thumb:

Right now I'm trying Shortcake, I will post my results-sorry tho you won't get to eat it!

Mandaxxx

Free Member
Feb 19, 2010
Wherever we stop.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
My Double Skillet is the large one 9 inch. I have done a 'boiled' fruit cake twice now but takes quite a long time and you could end up with a burnt bottom-the cake not you personally!!!!
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Has anyone got a 'Diablo' it's a toasted sandwich maker, makes smallish round sandwiches-used in the flame on top of the cooker! Great fun and very handy for snacks.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Hi there. I'm really tempted to get either a remoska or a double skillet. Can anybody tell me which is best and which size DS I should get for the two of us. I would get a standard remoska if I go in that direction.

I can also see that the DS would be useful if you don't have EHU but maybe the remoska would be better if you always have EHU. Hmmm - quandrary.

Ivy

QUOTE=Manda;295513]Recipes????
Just use your imagination, you will find you can cook just about anything in them, I got two-one in the house & one in MH. if you fancy a fruit cake it's a bit fiddly but can be done. I don't bother with a frying pan anymore-saves space.
I have Double skillet, Remoska and a big pan for the seafood/mussels.
Let me know if you want details for fruit cake.[/QUOTE]

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there. I'm really tempted to get either a remoska or a double skillet. Can anybody tell me which is best and which size DS I should get for the two of us. I would get a standard remoska if I go in that direction.

I can also see that the DS would be useful if you don't have EHU but maybe the remoska would be better if you always have EHU. Hmmm - quandrary.

Ivy

never had the DS but have a grand ramoska.

unless you plan on only 'liquid' meals...stews etc...i think the standard ramoska is too small for two at 8" wide.
the grand is 12.5" wide

you can get a whole chicken and roast tatties in the grand ramoska and it roasts a lot quicker and just as thoroughly than an oven. :thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
We have both. Never used the Remoska since we got the d skillet.
we have the large one as we do all in stews, minces,sphag bols in it luvverly. Chuck everything in, tatties, cauli, broccoli, peppers and mince and simmer on the lowest gas possible with the diffuser. Brill. :thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought the large DS but then Steph mentioned to Jill at Lincoln that she also has a small one for extras. I resisted at Lincoln - but how long can I hold out? ::bigsmile:

I was concerned before we got the DS because I thought the price was a bit high for a couple of pans but can honestly say every penny well spent.

Graham

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Right - I think it will be the double skillet. Here's the biscuit recipe we used when I did school dinners only I use real butter, but its up to you.

It is just 3, 2, 1. That's 3 of plain flour, 2 of butter and one of sugar. So 9oz, 6oz and 3oz. Just shove it all together, children love doing this, then flatten it out and cut shapes. I put it in the oven on 180 for about 15 mins but do check 'cos I usually just check as I'm passing. They must still be pale and will be a bit soft when you take them out but crisp up as they cool. Good one for the MH.

Ivy

chrisandhiedi

Free Member
May 14, 2011
Norwich
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
We are newbies
We bought a large ds at the motorhome show in Peterborough (not got our van yet) but I use it all the time! Chicken thighs with bbq seasoning with a little squeeze of guinness ketchup and leave it on a low heat for 1 hour - skin side down - save the juice as a stock :)

Pwain

Free Member
Feb 21, 2011
Devon,United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
VW.hi top
Exp
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

The chicken BBQ seasoning recipe sound good, thanks, will have to try that one.......:thumb:

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Still using yours?

Steph got one of these at Stratford. Any recipes anyone? Also if you have one what is your opinion please? :Smile:

Ere, Ken..............are you cooking paella's and stuff? Do you still use yours? I'm still on the fence about these things:whatthe:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Hi All, these double skillets, look very interesting for us , can any one help where i can purchase one as D&F promotions web site does not seem to be operating, for what i do not know, thanks in advance for any help, Alf

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I emailed them in January and Frances Foulds replied saying they are still in business but at that time were out of stock after a busy Christmas. I would imagine if you email her she will contact you:Smile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Smile:Anyone sitting on the fence on this one, I would say jump off and buy one, I have had mine for 10 years and its had lots of serious use. We don't have a oven or grill in the Hymer so it is all things to us, use it for just about anything, from a full roast dinner / Jacket Potatoes/ Toastie Sandwiches, then it can be used as two saucepans (I bought a extra lid) and would recommend a diffuser, best if heating up pies etc.

I have decided to buy myself a new one this season, for though there is nothing wrong with the one we have it is definitely getting battered looking. My only difference is this time I will buy a large one instead of the small size.

I have noticed it is a quite old thread, but still relevant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back