Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Hi Guys, Just thought i'd let you know fuel over here in france is in short supply due to a strike, all but 1 fuel depots are blocked, and fuel at the pumps is running out fast:cry::cry:

sorry if this is bad news.

atakd

Free Member
Nov 15, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since '99
Thanks for the heads-up - we're crossing Wednesday AM. Looks like we might be kayaking around Calais docks instead of the Brittany coast:cry:Still, better than here anyway:)
Andy

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
(gulp) We are on our way over tomorrow, hope they come off strike soon

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
We have been travelling down through France for the last 10 days and have not had any trouble getting fuel. Even today no sign of any garages being busy.

Either the French don't panic like us or it hasn't started to bite yet.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
To check the situation for those guests on site, we've visited all of the local supermarkets around Parc Verger (www.parcverger.com) including those at St Junien, about 30 minutes away, and there have been no problems, petrol and diesel being sold with no limits. Hopefully this will continue, so if you are in central France, running low on fuel and looking for a good stopover, come on down!

Wherever you are, have a great time

Bob and Di

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Well... I land in France on Monday evening with 500 kms of fuel for the Wagon and 240 miles of fuel for the Solex (which my sources say I can drive on the road there without any paperwork 'cos it is under 50cc.)

So, add in the fact I am not in a rush (don't even know where I am going yet) I am pretty chilled about the strike... Will hoot my horn past any picket and would NEVER cross a line manned by my comrades... I bet it will be fine...

JJ

OP
OP
Blisters

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
In Brittany, most of the garages are still open, there are some that are limiting you to 20/25 litres and the odd one as run out

However if its like the last strike it could last for weeks

Not wishing to be a scare mounger, just think peps should be aware, and keep your tank pritty full, I think would be good advice

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Well... I land in France on Monday evening with 500 kms of fuel for the Wagon and 240 miles of fuel for the Solex (which my sources say I can drive on the road there without any paperwork 'cos it is under 50cc.)

So, add in the fact I am not in a rush (don't even know where I am going yet) I am pretty chilled about the strike... Will hoot my horn past any picket and would NEVER cross a line manned by my comrades... I bet it will be fine...

JJ

JJ look out for us when you are in France on your way down...we have found no trouble at all with getting fuel.....we have been all around mid france...at the moment we are in La Fleche...weather fine...had good weather for two weeks now:Cool:...but it did rain last night ::bigsmile:
Mel:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bambi 2

Free Member
Jun 7, 2009
france, (Aveyron)
Funster No
MH
A class.
Exp
26 years
No problems here in the Midi Pyrenees either, but to be sure we can make it into Spain later we filled the Hymer with Diesel this morning, 114.9 euros per litre. Bambi 2 :Smile:

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hi guys,filled up today near Avignon with no probs except it was 1.35 :cry:-There was a 'Manifestation ' which closed a lot of the roads into Avignon and gave us a long detour to approach the island from a different direction.Civil servants are striking and demonstrating over the new retirement proposals. Mike

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back