Advertising (1 Viewer)

S

Snelly

Deleted User
Is there plans for accepting commercial advertising, in the form of banners etc in the future??

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Shane,

You will need to speak to Jim, if he sees this thread he will probably put an answer on the board. Its not something that I know anything about. He is away for the rest of the month but will be calling in as and when he can.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Is there plans for accepting commercial advertising, in the form of banners etc in the future??

Hi Snelly,

Yes, while we want to keep the forum section pretty much an ad free place, I reckon that the reviews section might be able to carry advertising that may prove beneficial to members and advertisers alike. I would assume that people reveiwing are thinking of buying! Well that is how I would sell it anyway. ::bigsmile: We are also going to have a classifieds section, free to members with a token listing charge for traders.

Money made from such advertising will be used for the upkeep of the site and if we go into profit (wouldn't that be nice) then this will be spent on the members, for such items as meets, stickers, Tee shirts etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

Snelly

Deleted User
Jim, I was referring to the banner at the top of the site, the one that currently reads "under construction".

wilecoyote

Free Member
Aug 2, 2007
Leicester, UK
Funster No
I have just looked on Google. Just look at this..

Link Removed

Nearly every link listed shows "Under Construction" on the title? That IMHO is real bad because many folk don't bother clicking on sites which are Under Construction, because usually you find out they haven't been updated for ages and are useless.

Besides, you are missing out on a massive advertising opportunity here yourself to promote MHF on Google. If you edit things slightly you will replace that "Under Contraction" found in the title for something so much nicer, like "Motorhoming Community" or something.. Anything but Under Construction.

Also, the "Keywords" for what they are worth are crap IMHO. We can do better than this...

<meta name="keywords" content="BRITISH MOTORHOMES, motorhome, motorhomes,uk motorhomes,motorcaravans,uk motorcaravans,motorhome information,motorhome specifications,motorhome facts, motorhome fun,RV" />
<meta name="description" content="The best of British motorhomes" />

No mention of Recreational Vehicle, No mention of "Motor home" (with a space) which will produce different results on Google (Try and See). No mention of the word Community, chat or words like help, advice, etc.

Come on, you want Good rankings use every tool available. You have these at your fingertips, there free, and you haven't bothered using them to their full potential :whatthe:

EDIT: Ooops posted in wrong thread. Should have been in the Site Promotion one (Link Removed)

Apologies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back