Tyrepal saves the day! (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2009
Bishop's Stortford
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Since 2011
Thanks for all your comments. Just bought TyrePal Colour Solar with 4 sensors; £72 with £10 CMC discount and £4.95 p&p, £66.95 paid.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I believe it's a requirement on all new cars - if not it is about to be so.
It is on all new "passenger" cars (since November 2014) but crazily not on motorhomes, vans or lorries! However although we have manufacture fitted TPMS on both our car & motorhome (included option) we also have TyrePal which gives more feedback & earlier notice of a problem starting rather than when it is at a critical point.
More discussion & discount code info. here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...r-tyres-20-discount-code-for-funsters.194219/

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
It is on all new "passenger" cars (since November 2014) but crazily not on motorhomes, vans or lorries! However although we have manufacture fitted TPMS on both our car & motorhome (included option) we also have TyrePal which gives more feedback & earlier notice of a problem starting rather than when it is at a critical point.
More discussion & discount code info. here https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/foru...r-tyres-20-discount-code-for-funsters.194219/
Wouldn't it make life simple if there was a transmission & data protocol standard for the sensors? I'm assuming there isn't.

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
Well I bought a Tyrell solar kit a couple of weeks ago and two sensors are not working tried to phone
Just directed to email sent off email and still waiting for a reply :mad:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Well I bought a Tyrell solar kit a couple of weeks ago and two sensors are not working tried to phone
Just directed to email sent off email and still waiting for a reply :mad:
That's unusual & normally excellent aftersales according to the feedback on here. If you called TyrePal in office hours & got that message to email then perhaps the staff are working from home to self isolate?
Have you tested the batteries supplied just in case they are the problem?

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
That's unusual & normally excellent aftersales according to the feedback on here. If you called TyrePal in office hours & got that message to email then perhaps the staff are working from home to self isolate?
Have you tested the batteries supplied just in case they are the problem?
It was because of the rave reviews on here I went with them yes I have replaced the battery s. My disappointment is despite all the glowing reports on here after a week they have still not replied to an email basically asking for help

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It was because of the rave reviews on here I went with them yes I have replaced the battery s. My disappointment is despite all the glowing reports on here after a week they have still not replied to an email basically asking for help
Sorry to hear that - I've now emailed our contact who gives us the discount code for Fun & RVOC members to see why there would be might be such a delay - don't know if it will help but worth a try.

aria

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 2, 2016
Kincardineshire.
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
Has anyone had an issue with the sensors corroding stuck onto stainless steel (HP) tyre valves?

I phoned to clarify what it says on the website faq, and the lady confirmed that they recommend use on brass valves only.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I ummed and aahed a year or so back about fitting a TPMS and when an offer came up for the Tyrepal Solar I splashed out - glad I did now!

I've just spent the weekend at the Frend Grand Prix and stopped Monday night at the aire at St-Eulalie de Cernon - nice aire and a fortified village a couple of hundred metres along the lane.

Yesterday morning, I'd moved just a couple of metres leaving the grass pitch when the alarm went off on the Tyrepal - rear offside showing 0.7bar! Got out and the tyre looked distinctly saggy. Fortunately there were plenty of hardstanding pitches so I was able to change the wheel without too much drama. First time I'd had occasion to remove a wheel and fortunately the spider and 2lb club hammer were sufficient to ease the nuts. It was a two jack job, I found out. The supplied scissor jack lifted the chassis at the hard point behind the axle but left the axle and wheel hanging on the Ducato suspension. A bottle jack under the leaf spring raised the wheel sufficiently to replace it, so didn't need to call anyone out. I wouldn't want to do this on the side of the road, though...:oops:

Anyway, the offending object was a bolt or screw - off to my local tyre man this afternoon to see whether he'll repair it, all being well. Naturally, it's the youngest of the tyres, of course. Here in France the limit is 'on the tread of the tyre' rather than the UK 'inner 3/4 of the tread' so we shall see...:)

So if you've had any doubts about the value of fitting a TPMS, doubt no longer. Highly recommended(y)

View attachment 313431
Has that tyre been on the front? Its worn at both edges, so has either been on the front or has been run under inflated. What pressure do you normally run it at?

OP
OP
Pete5996

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Has that tyre been on the front? Its worn at both edges, so has either been on the front or has been run under inflated. What pressure do you normally run it at?

No, it's the rear offside and has been on there since early 2017. I run it at 4.5bar, the recommendation from Continental for the axle load. It's now done about 16k miles and still has plenty of meat on it.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Has anyone had an issue with the sensors corroding stuck onto stainless steel (HP) tyre valves?

I phoned to clarify what it says on the website faq, and the lady confirmed that they recommend use on brass valves only.
Not heard of a problem but the new version https://www.tyrepal.co.uk/product/solar-colour/ is for aluminium stems too: "New improved Solar Colour with 4 nickel plated sensors – now available to use on aluminium valves stems!"

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
Ok so Tyrepal emailed this morning with apologies for tardy service which apparently some problem with their email system ,the long and short is check battery and try 're uniting the sensors to head unit .
Now here the good news (I think) Started traveling to next destination and after 10 mins of travel the damn things started working:unsure: previously done nearly 100 miles with them dead as a door nail ah well lets hope they keep working

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back