In Coverack with the "gurt great Camper Van" (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
From what I can make out it was an RV . Don't know if any of you have been to Coverack. A very steep hill leads down into it . a car park at the bottom of the hill holds about 20-30 cars at a wild guess. From there on in it's a single track road with a couple of passing places, about 5-7 hundred metres long, again a wild guess.

This clown was stopped by a local half way down the hill, where there was space for him to turn around and told there was no way from there on in where he could turn about, the Car park was full, and at best he should turn about where he was.

No Mr RV knew better, told the local to mind his own business and go away (not exactly in those words) and carried on.

Right at the end of the village when faced with a tumble down the rocks into the sea he realised that local knowledge had it's merits

They had to empty the Hotel Car park , about the size of 3 double garages, so this pillock could turn around, then a lot of shuffling about putting the cars from the hotel car park back into the car park, bear in mind it is a single track road through the village , so he could drive out.

Did the locals get a "thanks fellas!" No! just a lot of bluster about there should be a sign up top of the hill, (there is! )

So? Was it you? The locals want to send you a sticker "I love Cornwall":D2:drinks:

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
From what I can make out it was an RV . Don't know if any of you have been to Coverack. A very steep hill leads down into it . a car park at the bottom of the hill holds about 20-30 cars at a wild guess. From there on in it's a single track road with a couple of passing places, about 5-7 hundred metres long, again a wild guess.

This clown was stopped by a local half way down the hill, where there was space for him to turn around and told there was no way from there on in where he could turn about, the Car park was full, and at best he should turn about where he was.

No Mr RV knew better, told the local to mind his own business and go away (not exactly in those words) and carried on.

Right at the end of the village when faced with a tumble down the rocks into the sea he realised that local knowledge had it's merits

They had to empty the Hotel Car park , about the size of 3 double garages, so this pillock could turn around, then a lot of shuffling about putting the cars from the hotel car park back into the car park, bear in mind it is a single track road through the village , so he could drive out.

Did the locals get a "thanks fellas!" No! just a lot of bluster about there should be a sign up top of the hill, (there is! )

So? Was it you? The locals want to send you a sticker "I love Cornwall":D2:drinks:
John,
We drink in the Paris Hotel. If I was parked there I would have told the RV driver to back up to where the buses turn and bu**er off and in future listen to sound advice.
PLANK. :lipssealed:
Phil.

OP
OP
rangi
Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
John,
We drink in the Paris Hotel. If I was parked there I would have told the RV driver to back up to where the buses turn and bu**er off and in future listen to sound advice.
PLANK. :lipssealed:
Phil.

0ur youngest works in the Old Life Boat Restaurant

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

It was probably eddievanbitz :rolleyes:

May 29, 2014
southampton
Funster No
MH
A frame
Exp
since 1985

Should have made him reverse out

Ejaydee

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2018
Penzance in (usually) sunny Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Roller Team T 590
Exp
Since retiring

Typical!

I used to live in Mevagissey where there are signs (several) stating the road ahead (Cliff Street) was a dead end and not suitable for caravans and motor vehicles, but every year, several people would ignore them and eventually burn out their clutches attempting to reverse back up a steep and single track hill, after reaching a dead end overlooking the cliff and the harbour. The local garage made a fortune towing them out.

All too often locals would flag down the vehicle and tell the occupants the road ahead was a dead-end, but they would frequently be ignored.

The smell of burning clutch plates could be smelt all over the village! :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back