Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
Should my Onan supply 240v after it passed through the replay.

My rv can accept 110 and 240 at plug in power. With 240 plug in I can run 110v and 240v appliances.

What happens when I plug in 110v will I only be able to use 110v appliances?

SWhen the genny is going I seem to only be able to use 110v appliances.
The relevance to all this is trying to sort which v appliances I should use when I go to europe.

Itchung to fit a tele..but which..12v 110, or 240...my head hurts

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Should my Onan supply 240v after it passed through the replay.

My rv can accept 110 and 240 at plug in power. With 240 plug in I can run 110v and 240v appliances.

What happens when I plug in 110v will I only be able to use 110v appliances?

SWhen the genny is going I seem to only be able to use 110v appliances.
The relevance to all this is trying to sort which v appliances I should use when I go to europe.

Itchung to fit a tele..but which..12v 110, or 240...my head hurts

* I think you mean transformer, not replay .. yes, both 110 and 230v ac sockets will be live.

* I don't know of any countries in Europe with 110v ehu. so it's academic.

* Depending on how it is wired, my RV had the genny feeding the step up transformer so I had both supplies available when genny running.. yours may not be wired like that.

My advice

Forget 110v appliances .. kick that idea into touch...

buy a TV that can run on both 12vdc and 230 vac . .

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
harryoxford2

harryoxford2

Free Member
Sep 14, 2010
Bishops Stortford Herts
Funster No
MH
B
Exp
2010 and camper all my life
thanks Jim

I would have thought that too but when i turn my present tv and dvd on it with mains power all is ok but with genny not. However if the v abroad is 220/230/240 then I guess im good with a normal type 240 but I take your point re it being 12v too for park up tele

I can see april arriving.(the month not the blonde) and all the funsters coming back and Im still stuck on the drive lol.

many thanks...Im gonna get a voltey metery thing and start pokin about obviously whilst wearing rubber gloves and a rubber hat:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we go south in March

I would have thought that too but when i turn my present tv and dvd on it with mains power all is ok but with genny not. However if the v abroad is 220/230/240 then I guess im good with a normal type 240 but I take your point re it being 12v too for park up tele

I can see april arriving.(the month not the blonde) and all the funsters coming back and Im still stuck on the drive lol.

many thanks...Im gonna get a voltey metery thing and start pokin about obviously whilst wearing rubber gloves and a rubber hat:Eeek:

We head South in late March and stay in to April.. a lot of the French sites are closed until late March in anycase.

Re your genny issues.. my B class Winnibago has 110v to the micorwave.. I expect your also runs on 110v (when using the genny) - that happens even when connected to 240v via the Sterling invertor. I have to use a switch to move the power to the genny so it is 110v But the micro wave has power from the 240v side via a step down I presume.

I use only 240 on the RV.. my tv is a normal 26" flat screen as is my DVD - normal 240v domestic... Remember hook up in Euro is 230v and most are 6 amps or 10 amps but we have found some that are 16 amps as well.

My genny charges my batteries via the Sterling invertor.. runs the aircon as well as the micowave..

You need to have an expert check it and tell you what you have .. I would suggest VanBitz, who seem to know there eggs.

I also have a good volt meter which allows me to check the voltage at the plugs.. but do not do that unless you are sure what you are doing.. could be bad news if you play with electrics without knowledge.

I have found my 110v sockets were connected to the 240v.. the wiring is designed to take 50amps ..so it can carry 110v or 240v .. cables are big enough for the UK / Europe market.

Bob:thumb:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have sent you a p.m

Harry I have sent you a private message via the p.m. system on this site.. may help if we talked on the phone.. free advice.

Bob:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back