Fiat Engine Management. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
On my Fiat Seicento disconnecting the battery, (leave disconnected for a few mins then reconnect) would reset it ..

Last edited:

Wow

Trader - Engine ReMapping
Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Depends what and why you are trying to reset?
An engine management light? You can clear some codes by leaving the battery disconnected, as mentioned but obviously they come up for a reason.
You can also do a further reset by disconnecting the battery DONT DO THIS WITHOUT! and join the two leads together for 10 seconds, this clears any capacitance in the electronics.
If those dont work you need a friend with an OBD scanner or a wad of cash at a dealer to clear any codes.

Is there a simple way, or should I say easy way of resetting the engine management system.

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

niggle

Banned - Rule 1
Banned
Aug 5, 2010
SOUTH AND FRANCE
Funster No
MH
A CLASS
Exp
:thumb: i got the address of a company in slough that sells the program on c/d and allso the leads you need for the laptop,, they will show you how to run it with you allso while you are with them,,you allso get a full renault /fiat code book,, p/m if need add :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Gonewiththewind

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Depends what and why you are trying to reset?
An engine management light? You can clear some codes by leaving the battery disconnected, as mentioned but obviously they come up for a reason.
You can also do a further reset by disconnecting the battery DONT DO THIS WITHOUT! and join the two leads together for 10 seconds, this clears any capacitance in the electronics.
If those dont work you need a friend with an OBD scanner or a wad of cash at a dealer to clear any codes.

Thanks Wow but, Without What !!!!!!!!!!!!:whatthe: And the wad of money is reason for asking, I aint got it.:cry:

Thanks Niggle but I am in Lancashire and Slough is a loooooong way to push it.:ROFLMAO:

Thanks Jim will give that a try later

Thanks to all responses. Most great full.

Don

freelanderuk

Free Member
Sep 24, 2009
Saltfleet/Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
you can down load the fiat software to read and reset the codes from the fiat forum and buy the leads of ebay for a few pounds , i have the software and leads for mine , very easy to use
have a look here Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back