End of Season Re-Map - NEC Special (1 Viewer)

Wow

Trader - Engine ReMapping
Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Please come and say hello to us on our stand at the NEC - its 7-10a on the oustide wall, near to the Swift stand.

All fellow Funsters will be offerred an exclusive end of season special offer to have their van (or car) remapped at the show.

What is the offer I hear you cry?
Sorry, you will have to come and see me for that, BUT the more Funsters we do, the more you will save, I promise:thumb:

AND, I will retrospectively apply the discount to any Funster who paid the show price at Lincoln.

Of course our normal show package applies . . . If we install at the NEC you dont pay a penny for 7-days to give you chance to try it out. Then after that, our normal 30-day money back guarantee kicks in.

My colleagues will be installing in the days car parks and at the Caravan Club site - which is where we're staying too - even at £27.50 a night!! Grrrr!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Please come and say hello to us on our stand at the NEC - its 7-10a on the oustide wall, near to the Swift stand.

All fellow Funsters will be offerred an exclusive end of season special offer to have their van (or car) remapped at the show.

What is the offer I hear you cry?
Sorry, you will have to come and see me for that, BUT the more Funsters we do, the more you will save, I promise:thumb:

AND, I will retrospectively apply the discount to any Funster who paid the show price at Lincoln.

Of course our normal show package applies . . . If we install at the NEC you dont pay a penny for 7-days to give you chance to try it out. Then after that, our normal 30-day money back guarantee kicks in.

My colleagues will be installing in the days car parks and at the Caravan Club site - which is where we're staying too - even at £27.50 a night!! Grrrr!

You might get a few extra sales if you let people phone and say "I'm in the XXX car park, come and boost me". They might not want to pay the silly ticket prices - silly because when did Tesco charge you to go in a store ?

Railway station is probably the cheapest car park ?

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
I agree with Brian on this one, would like the remap, but not going to pay the show prices :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Clever idea :thumb: AND your absolutely right!!
Anyone who wants to do that just needs to call me on 07970 317512 or my colleague Dave on 07739 181429 and we will come and find you

You might get a few extra sales if you let people phone and say "I'm in the XXX car park, come and boost me". They might not want to pay the silly ticket prices - silly because when did Tesco charge you to go in a store ?

Railway station is probably the cheapest car park ?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Clever idea :thumb: AND your absolutely right!!

Pity I've already had ours done, not by you, but www.more-bhp.com, before you were on the scene. Good boost to torque but no change to economy. But then I can't logically see why there should be an increase in economy, it's the same lump to push through the air before and after.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
We will be at the show mid week (staying at the rip off site) and as an engineer (marine) this interests me, but what are the warranty implications I wonder, ours is a new (Sept 1st) MH?

Stewart

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
We will be at the show mid week (staying at the rip off site) and as an engineer (marine) this interests me, but what are the warranty implications I wonder, ours is a new (Sept 1st) MH?

Stewart

A quick search on remap will bring up recent threads where it has been discussed. :thumb:

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Brian,

9 out 10 people genuinely see a fuel saving, some just a few % some outstanding ones 7-8mpg. The higher numbers generally are linked in with a change of driving style, the remap IS a tool to achieve it, the rest is up to the driver.

I've know of more-bhp, they have a good reputation, particularly in Audi, VW etc. We don't supply them with their files, although they are typical of the type of trade customers that we do.

Less throttle load like for like due to the extra torque and the ability to drive higher gears sooner and for longer are the biggest contributors to improvements, my 2.8JTD sees 28-31 on a regular basis.

I'm just about to do a documented economy run on my 480 mile round trip to the NEC to set a level for an MPG competition I want to run and sponsor next year. So I shall report back next week.

Pity I've already had ours done, not by you, but www.more-bhp.com, before you were on the scene. Good boost to torque but no change to economy. But then I can't logically see why there should be an increase in economy, it's the same lump to push through the air before and after.

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Morning Stewart,
Why don't you come and have a chat and I will fully explain the warranty implications in case you've missed anything here.
We have done over 2,000 motorhomes with zero manufacturer warranty problems, in fact we have Fiat agents as dealers who openly advertise our remap.
Ultimately we underwrite the manufacturers warranty on two levels, firstly by an in-house warranty provision set-aside and secondly through a large insurance policy.

Stewart

pinkgin

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto
Exp
15 + years,
Paul wants to know how much it costs so he can decide if its worth coming to the show.

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Show Price

Our normal show offer is already £247 which is a great saving on what our dealers normally charge £299-£350 dependant on area.
What I'm doing for this show is a volume discount for Funsters, the more we do for you the more we save and my idea is 10+ will be a £12.50 saving and 25+ will be a £25 saving. I've already got 11 booked in, so that's your starter, which will automatically reduce if we do more.
This at least covers your entry cost, or if you don't want to actually visit the show, then you we'll meet you outside.
Importantly, this is a Funsters offer only, so please be discreet when booking, just mention Fun and we will do the price automatically.

Paul wants to know how much it costs so he can decide if its worth coming to the show.

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Morning Stewart,
Why don't you come and have a chat and I will fully explain the warranty implications in case you've missed anything here.
We have done over 2,000 motorhomes with zero manufacturer warranty problems, in fact we have Fiat agents as dealers who openly advertise our remap.
Ultimately we underwrite the manufacturers warranty on two levels, firstly by an in-house warranty provision set-aside and secondly through a large insurance policy.

Thanks Chris I'll call for a chat

Stewart

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
3.0 Multijet Upgrade

Good morning from the NEC
Just a quick reminder as per the Lincoln show we have a free courtesy update at the show, for customers that have had the 3.0 Ducato remapped by us PRIOR to the Shepton Mallet show.
This new evolution is demonstrating great results, so don't miss out
Please come and see us on stand 7-10a adjacent to the Autotrail stand to arrange.
Show looks really good by the way, it might be pricey but there's loads here.
Finally if you're booking a new remap please mention FUN for your exclusive offer.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
What was the final outcome of this and should any discount have automatically been refunded to those who had a remap at Lincoln or do we need to claim it back?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Just before I contact Wow direct (as they don't seem to be monitoring the forum at the moment), did anyone who got a remap at Lincoln get any money back?

Edit to add did anyone who got a remap at the NEC pay less than £247?

OP
OP
W

Wow

Sep 8, 2010
Charlestown, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding, i've been in sunnier climes for a few weeks (very well timed by all accounts).
Going back to the NEC, most of the pre-booked didn't turn up, those who did got the extra show discount anyway, despite the poor numbers.
I will also apply this to anyone who brought in Lincoln, please email me with your registration number and a phone number and I will call you back to do a refund on your credit card.
Cheers,
Chris :Smile:

Just before I contact Wow direct (as they don't seem to be monitoring the forum at the moment), did anyone who got a remap at Lincoln get any money back?

Edit to add did anyone who got a remap at the NEC pay less than £247?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding, i've been in sunnier climes for a few weeks (very well timed by all accounts).
Going back to the NEC, most of the pre-booked didn't turn up, those who did got the extra show discount anyway, despite the poor numbers.
I will also apply this to anyone who brought in Lincoln, please email me with your registration number and a phone number and I will call you back to do a refund on your credit card.
Cheers,
Chris :Smile:

Thanks for the clarification and very generous offer Chris. I won't be pursuing this any further. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back