Yo All From the thye Wall (1 Viewer)

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Yo everyone, been a lurker for some time and thought it time I paid up and joined you all. :Smile:

I live in beautiful SW Northumberland close to Hadrian's Wall, I'm married, no kids at home :thumb: and thinking of taking early retirement late next year. I've been in the Merchant Navy for 40 years and am presently working for a company based in Scotland.

Been a tugger for many years still have the caravan on a farm not far from my base so OH can visit when my vessel is working locally.

Been a tugger for many years, spent a year researching and tramping around dealers before finally purchasing our first MH on September 1st this year. Our first trip out in it lasted 24 days touring North and NW Scotland, had a great time despite the dismal weather, stayed at some great sites and met some wonderful people.

I go home for 3 weeks leave tomorrow night and by Tuesday hope to be on the road this time venturing South, booked up at the NEC CC site Wed & Thurs and looking forward to my first visit. Then off to Norfolk for a weeks birding and a slow Northerly return home calling to see the Grandkids as we pass Nottingham.

Enough of my ramblings, looking forward to being a funster member.

ATB

Yours Aye

Stewart :RollEyes:

Tommy_harry

Free Member
May 30, 2010
County Durham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2 days
welcome to the site.... its good to see the North East membership growing even bigger !!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
thats the way to go Stewart.....first 'shakedown' trip of 24 days.:Eeek:

you're going to get your moneys worth from your new van. :thumb:

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
thats the way to go Stewart.....first 'shakedown' trip of 24 days.:Eeek:

you're going to get your moneys worth from your new van. :thumb:

Yup, took a small toolkit and a meter just in case, suprised at how well it was all screwed together, we had no major issues. :winky:

Thanks for the greetings everyone.:thumb:

Stewart

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Stewart and welcome to MotorhomeFun ::bigsmile: from just along the road :Smile:
flyingwelcome

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Hi Stewart and welcome to MotorhomeFun ::bigsmile: from just along the road :Smile:
flyingwelcome

Cheers, I'm well to your West not far from the Cumbria border (if you want to split hairs I'm onboard ship at the mo up here on the Clyde).

Stewart

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
hi and :welcomefunster:
were going to norfolk on the 17th to 23rd staying on the covert caravan club site at swaffham.

andy.

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
yo everyone, been a lurker for some time and thought it time i paid up and joined you all. :smile:

I live in beautiful sw northumberland close to hadrian's wall, i'm married, no kids at home :thumb: And thinking of taking early retirement late next year. I've been in the merchant navy for 40 years and am presently working for a company based in scotland.

Been a tugger for many years still have the caravan on a farm not far from my base so oh can visit when my vessel is working locally.

Been a tugger for many years, spent a year researching and tramping around dealers before finally purchasing our first mh on september 1st this year. Our first trip out in it lasted 24 days touring north and nw scotland, had a great time despite the dismal weather, stayed at some great sites and met some wonderful people.

I go home for 3 weeks leave tomorrow night and by tuesday hope to be on the road this time venturing south, booked up at the nec cc site wed & thurs and looking forward to my first visit. Then off to norfolk for a weeks birding and a slow northerly return home calling to see the grandkids as we pass nottingham.

Enough of my ramblings, looking forward to being a funster member.

Atb

yours aye

stewart :rolleyes:

welcome stuart to fun and enjoy your trip here to norfolk
glyn

OP
OP
Stewart J
Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
welcome stuart to fun and enjoy your trip here to norfolk
glyn

Thanks Glyn its been 20 years since I last toured and birded the area.
hi and :welcomefunster:
were going to norfolk on the 17th to 23rd staying on the covert caravan club site at swaffham.

andy.

Will look that one up Andy and thanks

Stewart

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Hi and welcome to FUN :welcomefunster:

Sep 29, 2009
norwich
Funster No
MH
swift escape 640
Exp
since 2009
its norfolk, so dont expect to many changes. where abouts you heading ?? salhouse, lots of birders and an excellent drive round the coast rd

MisterED

Free Member
Oct 5, 2009
Sunny Aberdeenshire !
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
3 glorious years, previous 18 a Tugger!
Hi Stewart, from an exiled Geordie here in Aberdeenshire, still working with ships!:RollEyes:
Like you we are off tho the show in the NEC next weekend, this weekend is in Edinburgh:winky:
Been a wonderfull time since we converted to the motorhome.
Happy travels.
Terry & Hilary

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back