Free Member
May 8, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1974 on and off
Im not far off being computer illiterate; recently I had my computer cleaned up by a recommended local chap who told me that it had quite a few issues ie trojan ,worm etc that he had dealt with. I run AVG and Spy-bot both free versions that he said should be enough, but obviously not .So can anyone please recommend what to use.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
AVG should be OK provided it is updated frequently as this does not always happen automatically.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I beleive that you cant get something for nothing. So I use Norton internet security and have not had any problems over the few years I have used it. It only costs about £10 to £12 on Ebay and if you buy an older version you can update it fo free here http://updatecenter.norton.com/?NUCLANG=en

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
I have always run McAfee on our computers have it running on 4 diferent machines, have used now for at least 6 years never had a problem.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

Lampie

Free Member
Nov 2, 2007
Derby
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
Changed mine from Norton as it slowed machine down to much, use Kaspersky now very pleased with it

Lampie

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Changed mine from Norton as it slowed machine down to much, use Kaspersky now very pleased with it

Lampie

Agreed, Norton is resource hungry and gets everywhere on your machine .. bugger to get rid of.
If you haven't already done so, to erase completely, download the free removal tool from Norton .

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I run Kaspersky iiiiiitttttt doooeeeesssssnnnnttt sssslllloooowwww iiiitttttt ddoooooowwwwwnnnn ttttooooo mmmmmuuuuuccccchhhh :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
On the laptop, I am running AVG Security Suite, and thought that I was covered. Someone more knowledgeable than I, put me onto http://www.malwarebytes.org/ which Jim linked above. Scanning with that now, it appears that I have 4 infected files...........so far. :Eeek:

I too have been put onto MS Security Essentials, which is now on the new PC, as is malwarebytes.

It's a job to know, which is the best.

Cheers,

Jock.

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Do so agree JockandRita I think is a case of if you find one that works over a period of time stay with it.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I ran Commodo and a couple of spyware/malware programmes. All free downloads from the web.

They didnt stop my desktop from becoming infected to the pont where I put a hammer through it and chucked it in the bin.

I bought a lappy to replace the desktop and now run McAfee. It costs but I feel much safer with it.

A lot of the stuff thats free on the web doesn't have Anti Virus software in there. Its just a malware blocker and some of it can mess with your registry keys which can also be a bad thing.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back