Rally Chat France - September 2019 (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
We would be interested too. We just have to plan our bookings around it so once it's all set in stone we can plan...

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
SORRY..

This is a no go..

Tried to get some deal with the campsite in Angers and it's like pulling teeth, phone in, write in, contact head office, no discount, get everyone to phone and pay 30% deposit.. ARGHH..

Had a re-think on our own personal plans plus a few family matters have cropped up, so made the decision not to carry on. Irene and me hope to get over to France / Germany / Spain from late September onwards so maybe see you around..

If anyone else wants to take up the batton and sort something there is obviously a lot of interest.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Le Ragis at Challans is about an hour and half max from Angers? We have our static there and they have a large 'camp where you want field' aswell as lots of specifically laid out pitches - if you cant get any joy from the site at Angers?

I am going over at the end of July so can speak to the site owner - we wont be there after the first week in September as we have other commitments this year. with regards to organising a 'rally' we have NO experience whatsoever but I am prepared to assist with logistics/organising.

if anyone wants to progress this who could organise what needs to be organised then let me know and i will do what i can to help

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Tonka, A really good idea, but sounds as though the site is not to bothered.

Steve Moonraker

Free Member
Feb 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2014
Excellent idea. We're definately up for this trip, so long as it's after the schools go back in early September. We intend to travel onward, possibly through Carcasonne and on into Spain. Please keep us informed.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
to the site owner -

It is not the owner who runs this campsite.
It's some sort of chain of camp sites run by HUTTOPIA.
Therefore going to see the manager on site won't change a thing. You'll have exactly the same answers I got.
Ok for quite a few vans. NO, no discount. All the people who want to book have to PHONE to book and get identified as part of the group.
I felt like they wanted to put us off. Much better to look for a campsite who is ruled by one person, on spot, and not one being part of a chain.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
It is not the owner who runs this campsite.
It's some sort of chain of camp sites run by HUTTOPIA.
Therefore going to see the manager on site won't change a thing. You'll have exactly the same answers I got.
Ok for quite a few vans. NO, no discount. All the people who want to book have to PHONE to book and get identified as part of the group.
I felt like they wanted to put us off. Much better to look for a campsite who is ruled by one person, on spot, and not one being part of a chain.
sorry for any confusion, I was referring to speaking to the owner of the campsite at Challans NOT Angers.

as I have a static there I know there is a very large 'rally type' field aswell as individual emplacements. from historical knowledge there is always lots of room on sire early September, all the pools are open aswell. There is no pub/bar on site but the snack bar does serve alcohol. there is a barn on site which can be used for meeting up/functions aswell.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
campsite at Challans

Oh OK ! Fine then, it would be nice to have another option!
It sounds nice for all the funsters who were interested in the one in Angers. A bit further away, but I guess it all depends on the direction.
Anyway you won't need me on this one, facing the owner of the site, but if so, don't hesitate. I can't come but it'd be a pleasure to help if you need me to.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
as I said on an earlier post, I haven't the experience of organising a rally but was prepared to act as the 'go between' to make initial contact.

Jan 29, 2017
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Champ H621
Exp
15yrs
Tonka, sorry to hear that you have hit a brick wall but thanks for the effort, I know its a lot of work
Very interested especially if it was the earlier part of Sept
Mike & Ann

chenderson1965

Free Member
Aug 3, 2019
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 79R A Class
Exp
10 years with hires, Newbie owner
Is this definitely dead? We’d have lived to come along...

Chris

OP
OP
tonka

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

Duktaz64

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
West yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Ford fendt k500
Exp
8yrs
Just read the lastest thead n such a shame its not happening , great idea tho , gud on u for tryin
Cheers for the post , i didnt read them all before i added the text
Shame really it wud av been a great chance to meet up for the 1st time in the fun club

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back